post #31 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
If you tell them you have a pending order with Amazon, and you're a Prime member, I bet they'd sell it to you for the $499 and waive the $25 expedited shipping fee. That's what I did yesterday and will have the X-10 tomorrow. .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
That is exactly what I did this morning.
TweakerInWA likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Nice....

post #33 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Thank you for the explanation!! I thought that most all rentals were like $7 a piece but when I was on their website I saw that some of them were like $13-14 flipp'n dollars for HD versions!!! What the heck is the price range for 4K based on what I saw?
Gerry
I don't think I've seen a rental over $7.99, but maybe that's because you weren't in the 4K app

post #34 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Curious if Sony fixed the HDMI 2 audio issue with X10.

Vinod
post #35 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Do You Lose Setting Control???

This was posted at Sony comments site and says you're not able to get to picture settings with the X10:

"...I download some of the free content and test it out. Immediately upon hitting play an informational message pops up saying the Scene Select mode on the TV has been changed to Cinema. You have no choice to overide. It will change your TV settings and you can't do anything."

Can a new owner confirm this? If it's the case, that is rather lousy.
post #36 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
I don't think I've seen a rental over $7.99, but maybe that's because you weren't in the 4K app

Thanks for the response- will have to wait and see what the offerings are and up to $7.99 is fine with me...
Gerry
post #37 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Looks like Sony has increased their download speed caps. Currently getting around 30 Mbps (which is where it must be capped, fluctuates between 28 and the occasional 31 Mbps), as compared to the previous 11-12... Baby steps, but steps none the less

Nice. That's what my typical download speed is.
post #38 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
If you tell them you have a pending order with Amazon, and you're a Prime member, I bet they'd sell it to you for the $499 and waive the $25 expedited shipping fee. That's what I did yesterday and will have the X-10 tomorrow. .

welp, I called Sony a few minutes ago and spoke with a very surly fast talker who was really only interested in getting me off the damn phone as quickly as possible, I'm guessing the ACT for them is in the 2-4 minute range. He stated that "a directive came down this morning" that they "do not match prices on this unit, period" and that "if $200 doesn't matter" I could order from him. Grade A certified douchebag. I will try again later today and see who I get and whether or not they got the same "directive" . . . .

So, in short, same crap CS from Sony as usual. Reminds me of when I called years ago to get the firmware disc for my DA5 and the little girl on the phone had no idea what ES was and kept asking me for the full spelling of the product. It was like a REALLY unfunny Laurel and Hardy.
post #39 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't speak with the delightful gent I did, but like I said, I will call back later today. Worst case, I just have to wait for amazon. You'd think if the person they are speaking with may have just spent more money on a TV than a used Audi A6, they'd be more accommodating over $200.
post #40 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcdF22b2 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't speak with the delightful gent I did, but like I said, I will call back later today. Worst case, I just have to wait for amazon. You'd think if the person they are speaking with may have just spent more money on a TV than a used Audi A6, they'd be more accommodating over $200.
He had to put me on hold to get an override, but he said since they just changed the price a few days ago they would honor it. If you are still having problems let me know. I will give you my order number and maybe you can tell them to use it for reference since it was just done at 8:30am EST
post #41 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
He had to put me on hold to get an override, but he said since they just changed the price a few days ago they would honor it. If you are still having problems let me know. I will give you my order number and maybe you can tell them to use it for reference since it was just done at 8:30am EST
I just tried to go directly through Sony and cancel my Amazon order... After waiting on hold for 10 minutes I was told NO, "but you can order from us for $699".

It's looking like that that brief window has passed.
post #42 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
welp, I called Sony a few minutes ago and spoke with a very surly fast talker who was really only interested in getting me off the damn phone as quickly as possible, I'm guessing the ACT for them is in the 2-4 minute range. He stated that "a directive came down this morning" that they "do not match prices on this unit, period" and that "if $200 doesn't matter" I could order from him. Grade A certified douchebag. I will try again later today and see who I get and whether or not they got the same "directive" . . . .

So, in short, same crap CS from Sony as usual. Reminds me of when I called years ago to get the firmware disc for my DA5 and the little girl on the phone had no idea what ES was and kept asking me for the full spelling of the product. It was like a REALLY unfunny Laurel and Hardy.
They wouldn't price match for me either, so it could be a directive (either that or we just didn't get lucky).
post #43 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Special Promotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith2 View Post
I just tried to go directly through Sony and cancel my Amazon order... After waiting on hold for 10 minutes I was told NO, "but you can order from us for $699".

It's looking like that that brief window has passed.
I just hung up with Sony and was able to get the deal. There's a special promotion that goes through the 19th that gets you the original $499 price -- just mention it to the sales rep, be really nice, and they should be able to hook you up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 12.16.50 PM.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	166569  
post #44 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM

Well, the young lady I spoke with earlier (2nd call) called me back, gave me the 499 price and free 2 day shipping (as a match for Amazon Prime). I didn't mention any promotion and never ended up having to provide Mattopotamus' order number as proof (thx to him for the offer though). It won't ship today, but it's nice to know it's on the way. I did have to pay sales tax, but I was going to have to with Amazon anyway.

As with many call centers, much of whether you get what you want has to do with whom you get when you call. The first guy was more concerned about his numbers than his charge as someone who assists customers. The second rep was super professional and went the extra distance. OR, it could be that as she said when I spoke to her the first time, they were being flooded with calls for pricematching since so many websites still have the 499 price advertised. Who knows, but what is for sure, that first dude was not going to budge or bother.

So for those that were shot down earlier, I would say give it another try.

edit - I see my shipping is express and above Michaelbeno shows expedited, maybe he got overnight, dunno, either way, looking forward to rocking super happy fun time 4k action clicky clicky go.

Last edited by TcdF22b2; 07-17-2014 at 10:55 AM.
post #45 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, the young lady I spoke with earlier (2nd call) called me back, gave me the 499 price and free 2 day shipping (as a match for Amazon Prime). I didn't mention any promotion and never ended up having to provide Mattopotamus' order number as proof (thx to him for the offer though). It won't ship today, but it's nice to know it's on the way. I did have to pay sales tax, but I was going to have to with Amazon anyway.

As with many call centers, much of whether you get what you want has to do with whom you get when you call. The first guy was more concerned about his numbers than his charge as someone who assists customers. The second rep was super professional and went the extra distance. OR, it could be that as she said when I spoke to her the first time, they were being flooded with calls for pricematching since so many websites still have the 499 price advertised. Who knows, but what is for sure, that first dude was not going to budge or bother.

edit - I see my shipping is express and above Michaelbeno shows expedited, maybe he got overnight, dunno, either way, looking forward to rocking super happy fun time 4k action clicky clicky go.
good to hear! Mine says it will actually ship today, but you never know. I'm thinking other retailers are not getting them until the 25th. That is what frys and crutchfield have listed.
post #46 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 AM

Well, your order had almost 5 hrs on mine, so its not surprising mine won't ship today.
post #47 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbeno View Post
I just hung up with Sony and was able to get the deal. There's a special promotion that goes through the 19th that gets you the original $499 price -- just mention it to the sales rep, be really nice, and they should be able to hook you up.
SUCCESS!! Not only did I get the $499 price but I was able to get Express delivery for free. Estimated ship date is Today for delivery tomorrow! Thanks, I had given up and was resigned to wait for Amazon to get their stock. Now the Media Player will arrive before my TV does.
post #48 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Yep, I paid extra for overnight.
post #49 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Now the Media Player will arrive before my TV does.
lol, first world problems, what rough lives we have
Janibrewski likes this.
post #50 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Mine finally shipped. Should have it in my grubby paws tomorrow. Can't wait to be underwhelmed!

The Cave: Sony VPL-VW600ES, 110" Elite Fixed, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV 3, Marantz SR-7009, 3 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 , 4 x Emotiva XPA-1L, MartinLogan Motion 60XT, MartinLogan Motion 50XT, 4 x MartinLogan MotionFX, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, 4 x Gallo Nucleus Micro (Atmos Height)
post #51 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Mine finally shipped. Should have it in my grubby paws tomorrow. Can't wait to be underwhelmed!
Can't wait to be underwhelmed too. But it may be fun to play with for a couple of days.
I sure hope the 4K (?) movies look better than those on the X1. The shorts were terrific but the movies looked better on my blu-ray player.
post #52 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Can't wait to be underwhelmed too. But it may be fun to play with for a couple of days.
I sure hope the 4K (?) movies look better than those on the X1. The shorts were terrific but the movies looked better on my blu-ray player.
I have this feeling that I will play with it over the weekend and then be so completely bored of it that I return it to my local Sony store. That's how much confidence I have in it.

The Cave: Sony VPL-VW600ES, 110" Elite Fixed, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV 3, Marantz SR-7009, 3 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 , 4 x Emotiva XPA-1L, MartinLogan Motion 60XT, MartinLogan Motion 50XT, 4 x MartinLogan MotionFX, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, 4 x Gallo Nucleus Micro (Atmos Height)
post #53 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

I'm just going to wait for Amazon rather than spending more time with Sony trying to find a friendly sales rep and go through the hassle of reordering and canceling. It's only about a week and I'll feel better ordering from Amazon if it comes down to wanting to return it.
post #54 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

So who's going to be the hero and be the first to give their impressions? Somebody in the 900A thread seemed to think that Netflix 4K streaming rocks.
post #55 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Looks like Sony has increased their download speed caps. Currently getting around 30 Mbps (which is where it must be capped, fluctuates between 28 and the occasional 31 Mbps), as compared to the previous 11-12... Baby steps, but steps none the less

How are you measuring throughput? My off-the-shelf router doesn't have any network throughput measurement capability.
post #56 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I'm just going to wait for Amazon rather than spending more time with Sony trying to find a friendly sales rep and go through the hassle of reordering and canceling. It's only about a week and I'll feel better ordering from Amazon if it comes down to wanting to return it.
I too was resigned, but with 2 phone calls I received a tracking # for delivery tomorrow for the same price as Amazon. Now, you do have a point about returning it but I assume since I bought through Sony central I can just walk it into a Sony store locally, yes? Doesn't get easier then that.
post #57 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
This was posted at Sony comments site and says you're not able to get to picture settings with the X10:

"...I download some of the free content and test it out. Immediately upon hitting play an informational message pops up saying the Scene Select mode on the TV has been changed to Cinema. You have no choice to overide. It will change your TV settings and you can't do anything."

Can a new owner confirm this? If it's the case, that is rather lousy.
Thats just a feature of the tv. You change the scene select mode (on the TV) from something other than Auto.
post #58 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
So who's going to be the hero and be the first to give their impressions? Somebody in the 900A thread seemed to think that Netflix 4K streaming rocks.
I got my tracking and it will be here tomorrow. One of the first things I will test is USB playback.
post #59 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM

I just got my tracking too, but it's gonna be here monday
post #60 of 1556 Old 07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I too was resigned, but with 2 phone calls I received a tracking # for delivery tomorrow for the same price as Amazon. Now, you do have a point about returning it but I assume since I bought through Sony central I can just walk it into a Sony store locally, yes? Doesn't get easier then that.
Yeah, it's probably just as easy returning to Sony but I gotta rationalize with myself so I don't have to call to get rejected a 3rd time and anyway not a big deal to wait.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
Gear in this thread - fmp-x10 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page