post #61 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith2 View Post
I too was resigned, but with 2 phone calls I received a tracking # for delivery tomorrow for the same price as Amazon. Now, you do have a point about returning it but I assume since I bought through Sony central I can just walk it into a Sony store locally, yes? Doesn't get easier then that.
Yeah, it's probably just as easy returning to Sony but I gotta rationalize with myself so I don't have to call to get rejected a 3rd time and anyway not a big deal to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I got my tracking and it will be here tomorrow. One of the first things I will test is USB playback.
Look forward to it. First indications seem positive, with the much faster D/L speeds and the thumbs up from one owner on Netflix 4K streaming.
post #63 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 176
This was the posting on the Sony board. I asked that person to place it here, but never received a response, so I took the liberty of pasting it here.

"I open the box and it contains the unit , power adapter and cord, Quick Start Card, HDMI cable, and remote control.
There is no detailed manual supplied and the online one is not in pdf format where you can download it and save it to your PC or Print it. It's web based only. Luckily there are not that many settings, but you do need the online manual to get full descriptions of the options as the names on the menus aren't always clear what they do.

So I open the quick start instructions and Step 1 before you can do anything is to call Sony with your TV Model and Serial Number to see if you will need an HDMI port upgrade done.

I call sony and after 20 minuts they confirm my TV serial number does not need any upgrade (which I had suspected since my Build date of the TV was May 2014).

I connect the power brick and HDMI cable. They are very specific that it must be connected to HDMI port 4 for the 900A/850A Series TVs and Port 2 for all other models.

Then I turn it on and walk through a coulple of initial setup screens and its ready.

There are 4 ports on the back. HDMI Audio/Video, HDMI Audio Only, LAN(100), USB for extra HDD connection.

So I fired it up and find out I have to go to a computer to sign up for the SEN and create an account. So I do that and then go back to the media player and log in.

First thing I notice is there are only 3 choices for content. Video Unlimited 4K, Netflix 4K and Video Player (where you connect your camcorder or usb drive for non copyrighted material). There are no other choices like Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, etc. That was disappointing. You cannot add anymore choices. I guess only if they add them in future updates would you see them.

So I download some of the free content and test it out. Immediately upon hitting play an informational message pops up saying the Scene Select mode on the TV has been changed to Cinema. You have no choice to overide. It will change your TV settings and you can't do anything. Once the video ends it changes it back again (another message). So I watch the video and the picture is fantastic as usual on this TV, BUT it does not look any better than if I put in a Blu-Ray and let the TV upscale it to near 4K. I was expecting a noticeable improvement.
As I browse through the limited movie selection (of which most are 30.00+ per movie) I see moves from 2014 all the way back to 1968. So then It dawns on me that probably none of this content was actually shot in 4K, this is just all upscaled content? It seems to me I can get the same result just popping in a Bluray and letting TV upscale it and it won't cost 30.00 a shot.

SO WHY DID I BUY THIS Media Player? I could watch Netflix through the TV and it would be upscaled to near 4K anyway. So I started to wonder why the big fuss over the A series not having the codec for Netflix 4K. How much of the content is true 4K anyway? It could be years until all the studios and TV companies change over their hardware to shoot in true 4K? I got this on the preorder price of 499.99, but that is still a lot to spend for 30.00 movies that look about the same as a BluRay upscaled.

I'm going to buy and download one of the latest movies and try one to see if the movies are much different than the free short films I looked at, before I make my final decision to return it.

Overall the unit is nice but there is one item that could be a deal breaker.

When the unt is connected to the TV, you CANNOT change any of the picture settings for that HDMI port. The TV remote won't bring up the picture settings menu on the TV like I can do when my Blu-Ray is connected. So the only way to chnage them is to connect some other device to that port, set your picture settings and then hook the media player back up hoping the setting for the other device will work to give the same picture result. This is a major design flaw. The whole point of being able to change picture settings per HDMI port is because each output may need different tweaks to the settings. Also, no matter what settings you do set, it will always force you to use Cinema Scene Select setting.

So far after 1 day here is my Pros/Cons list

Pros - Sleek compact design, looks great
Easy to setup
Includes High Speed HDMI cable (Thats a first for me)
Responsive menus
Compact remote (TV remote will control this player )
Unit shuts on and off with TV and turns on automatically when TV input is switched to Media Player.
Picture looks great - same as any BluRayupscaled or upscaled 1080P source
Cons - Only 2 Content options (Video Unlimited and Netflix)
Cannot change Picture settings on TV for HDMI port unit is connected to.
When starting a video, Scene Select changes to Cinema cannot overide (not sure if this is TV seeing a specific signal or X10)
Help Guide only online, no pdf download available.
High price of movies (most 30.00+)
Have not seen significant picture quality improvement over BluRay upscaled content (Iwill download a full feature film and compare it to BluRay upscaled

Conclusion so far - nice player and solves netflix 4K issue on A series TV's but limited and non adjustbale picture settings may be a deal breaker. It may be just too early for these media units yet and you can get the same picture quality by just letting TV upscale Bluray or 1080p netflix content.
I have not tried Netflix yet

I will update this review once I have downloaded a full feature film and watched it some more. I plan to watch the same movie in 4K and on a Bluray upscaled by TV."
Janibrewski and dreaux like this.
post #64 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Would like to know what size TV that guy has and how far away he watches. It makes ALL the difference in the world with 4k. He also appears to be misinformed about the Sony movies not being native 4k. Anything shot on film can be remastered up to 4k resolution (or higher), so his assumption that Sony videos are upscaled is erroneous.

Looks like the first negative on the player is not being able to adjust pictures settings while playing 4k content. I wonder if there's a workaround and if Sony will fix that with an update.
post #65 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
This was the posting on the Sony board. I asked that person to place it here, but never received a response, so I took the liberty of pasting it here.

"I open the box and it contains the unit , power adapter and cord, Quick Start Card, HDMI cable, and remote control.
There is no detailed manual supplied and the online one is not in pdf format where you can download it and save it to your PC or Print it. It's web based only. Luckily there are not that many settings, but you do need the online manual to get full descriptions of the options as the names on the menus aren't always clear what they do.

So I open the quick start instructions and Step 1 before you can do anything is to call Sony with your TV Model and Serial Number to see if you will need an HDMI port upgrade done.

I call sony and after 20 minuts they confirm my TV serial number does not need any upgrade (which I had suspected since my Build date of the TV was May 2014).

I connect the power brick and HDMI cable. They are very specific that it must be connected to HDMI port 4 for the 900A/850A Series TVs and Port 2 for all other models.

Then I turn it on and walk through a coulple of initial setup screens and its ready.

There are 4 ports on the back. HDMI Audio/Video, HDMI Audio Only, LAN(100), USB for extra HDD connection.

So I fired it up and find out I have to go to a computer to sign up for the SEN and create an account. So I do that and then go back to the media player and log in.

First thing I notice is there are only 3 choices for content. Video Unlimited 4K, Netflix 4K and Video Player (where you connect your camcorder or usb drive for non copyrighted material). There are no other choices like Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, etc. That was disappointing. You cannot add anymore choices. I guess only if they add them in future updates would you see them.

So I download some of the free content and test it out. Immediately upon hitting play an informational message pops up saying the Scene Select mode on the TV has been changed to Cinema. You have no choice to overide. It will change your TV settings and you can't do anything. Once the video ends it changes it back again (another message). So I watch the video and the picture is fantastic as usual on this TV, BUT it does not look any better than if I put in a Blu-Ray and let the TV upscale it to near 4K. I was expecting a noticeable improvement.
As I browse through the limited movie selection (of which most are 30.00+ per movie) I see moves from 2014 all the way back to 1968. So then It dawns on me that probably none of this content was actually shot in 4K, this is just all upscaled content? It seems to me I can get the same result just popping in a Bluray and letting TV upscale it and it won't cost 30.00 a shot.

SO WHY DID I BUY THIS Media Player? I could watch Netflix through the TV and it would be upscaled to near 4K anyway. So I started to wonder why the big fuss over the A series not having the codec for Netflix 4K. How much of the content is true 4K anyway? It could be years until all the studios and TV companies change over their hardware to shoot in true 4K? I got this on the preorder price of 499.99, but that is still a lot to spend for 30.00 movies that look about the same as a BluRay upscaled.

I'm going to buy and download one of the latest movies and try one to see if the movies are much different than the free short films I looked at, before I make my final decision to return it.

Overall the unit is nice but there is one item that could be a deal breaker.

When the unt is connected to the TV, you CANNOT change any of the picture settings for that HDMI port. The TV remote won't bring up the picture settings menu on the TV like I can do when my Blu-Ray is connected. So the only way to chnage them is to connect some other device to that port, set your picture settings and then hook the media player back up hoping the setting for the other device will work to give the same picture result. This is a major design flaw. The whole point of being able to change picture settings per HDMI port is because each output may need different tweaks to the settings. Also, no matter what settings you do set, it will always force you to use Cinema Scene Select setting.

So far after 1 day here is my Pros/Cons list

Pros - Sleek compact design, looks great
Easy to setup
Includes High Speed HDMI cable (Thats a first for me)
Responsive menus
Compact remote (TV remote will control this player )
Unit shuts on and off with TV and turns on automatically when TV input is switched to Media Player.
Picture looks great - same as any BluRayupscaled or upscaled 1080P source
Cons - Only 2 Content options (Video Unlimited and Netflix)
Cannot change Picture settings on TV for HDMI port unit is connected to.
When starting a video, Scene Select changes to Cinema cannot overide (not sure if this is TV seeing a specific signal or X10)
Help Guide only online, no pdf download available.
High price of movies (most 30.00+)
Have not seen significant picture quality improvement over BluRay upscaled content (Iwill download a full feature film and compare it to BluRay upscaled

Conclusion so far - nice player and solves netflix 4K issue on A series TV's but limited and non adjustbale picture settings may be a deal breaker. It may be just too early for these media units yet and you can get the same picture quality by just letting TV upscale Bluray or 1080p netflix content.
I have not tried Netflix yet

I will update this review once I have downloaded a full feature film and watched it some more. I plan to watch the same movie in 4K and on a Bluray upscaled by TV."

I agree 100% the only reason I bought this media played is because I have an x900A and I want to be able to stream and use the USB for 4K Videos, other than that it's nothing really special.

I have the AX100 4K camcorder and I can use it as a media player to view 4K videos through the player but I can do that anyway by just using the regular HDMI port on the side ....so far I don't see a way to save my AX100 material onto the X10 player yet.
post #66 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 67
What's In The Box

Just thought I'd share.....

I an currently running a single HDMI out (HDMI 1) --> to my Onkyo TX-NR838 HDCP 2.2/ HDMI 2.0 HDMI 3 input on the receiver, then to --> HDMI 4 on the 900A . Currently watching Elysium, streaming PCM audio . Average download speeds are the same as the X-1, assuming Sony bumped it up recently to 30Mbps.

What's in the box?

Take a quick peek at the pics, I have included a side by side of the X-1 and X-10 for comparison, for those with space concerns. You'll notice there is a flip down front cover for your USB sticks. Weight is similar to that of the X-1. Looks like a small PS4 IMO.. Standad Sony style remote (except smaller of course)... Still tinkering, just got it setup and I'm amazed it's actually working through the AVR.....

Table isn't usually that dirty looking, but that's what happens when you turn it into a workbench... lol, Glad my wife isn't home..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.26.09.jpg (109.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.27.54.jpg (95.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.28.26.jpg (135.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.29.02.jpg (106.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.31.15.jpg (114.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.31.30.jpg (159.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-17 17.34.00.jpg (124.8 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by TweakerInWA; 07-17-2014 at 06:38 PM.
post #67 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 06:59 PM

Of course I spoke to soon, I seem to be getting random video drops. Took a quick video... You'll see what I mean..
post #68 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got mine hooked up to my 900a. Kind of bummed I could not get my 10 free 4K movies onto my x10. I was only able to get my Breaking Bad episode 0. I hooked the X1 to the downstairs TV and signed up to another account, they get my 10 free movies. Seems anytime I hook up an external hard drive it wanted to format it on the x1 and x10. Had to try and get the X1 hooked up via an power line ethernet adapter since it was moving downstairs. Nice to see Netflix 4K content but found out Homefront was available to stream so I watching 1080p content on it instead. This will tide me over until the new 4K standard is released. Never did see that Breaking Bad episode may start streaming the entire series in 4K on my x10.
post #69 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
do you get that when you plug a usb drive directly into the tv and view 4k content? I did that at the store before i bought and I didn't see that kind of drop at all. Concerning at the very least.
post #70 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Went to the traditional style connection method using HDMI 2 on the X-10 for audio to the Onkyo, no picture drop, streaming PCM audio like a champ...
post #71 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcdF22b2 View Post
do you get that when you plug a usb drive directly into the tv and view 4k content? I did that at the store before i bought and I didn't see that kind of drop at all. Concerning at the very least.
Don't worry about that.... Technically the X-10 isn't supported by any AVR's, if you just run it to the X900 you won't have any issues. I'm just being stubborn about getting it to run through a HDCP 2.2 compliant receiver to eliminate the need of running a second HDMI cable just for audio purposes...
post #72 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am watching house of cards in 4k via Netflix but when I press the display button it says 1080 super hd? Is that what it should show?
post #73 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock17 View Post
I am watching house of cards in 4k via Netflix but when I press the display button it says 1080 super hd? Is that what it should show?

No, it should show 2160p when you hit display. Out of curiosity, are you Watching Season 1 or Season 2? From what I understand only Season 2 is 4k, not season 1. When you start season 2, they give you a recap of season one, which is in 1080 super hd, but once that actual episode 1 of season 2 starts it should switch to 2160p.

-Hawkmoon
post #74 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I've never used Netflix

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
post #75 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakerInWA View Post
Don't worry about that.... Technically the X-10 isn't supported by any AVR's, if you just run it to the X900 you won't have any issues. I'm just being stubborn about getting it to run through a HDCP 2.2 compliant receiver to eliminate the need of running a second HDMI cable just for audio purposes...
Thats good to hear. I'm still running an Elite SC-07, so two wires will be the way I have to go. Ima give receivers a little time to catch up even though I have already been kind of looking at an SC-89
post #76 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
No, it should show 2160p when you hit display. Out of curiosity, are you Watching Season 1 or Season 2? From what I understand only Season 2 is 4k, not season 1. When you start season 2, they give you a recap of season one, which is in 1080 super hd, but once that actual episode 1 of season 2 starts it should switch to 2160p.
Thanks for that info, I was watching season 1. I am watching season 2 now and it definitely says 2160, but it is weird because it switches from 2160 to 1080.
post #77 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that info, I was watching season 1. I am watching season 2 now and it definitely says 2160, but it is weird because it switches from 2160 to 1080.

So while you are watching an episode of season 2 it switches at random from 2160 to 1080? That sounds like what happens when your internet speed is slowing down. When streaming video, usually when it gets fuzzy it is because it is dropping to a lower resolution because of low bandwidth, when it goes back to being clean/higher resolution then there is enough bandwidth. I watched a full episode and streamed a 4k movie and it never dropped, but I also have insane bandwidth speed.

Are you wired or wireless? You might want to try wired if you are getting drops.

-Hawkmoon
post #78 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
So while you are watching an episode of season 2 it switches at random from 2160 to 1080? That sounds like what happens when your internet speed is slowing down. When streaming video, usually when it gets fuzzy it is because it is dropping to a lower resolution because of low bandwidth, when it goes back to being clean/higher resolution then there is enough bandwidth. I watched a full episode and streamed a 4k movie and it never dropped, but I also have insane bandwidth speed.

Are you wired or wireless? You might want to try wired if you are getting drops.
Exactly, it goes back and forth. It must be something with my internet speed because it has taken over 3 hours so far to download an 8 minute video clip on the video unlimited app.

I will say when it is in actual 4k the picture is amazing.
post #79 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
So who's going to be the hero and be the first to give their impressions? Somebody in the 900A thread seemed to think that Netflix 4K streaming rocks.
I agree...
post #80 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My friend Jonathan and I both called this evening and they wouldn't give either of us the deal and they stated they were under instructions not to give any rebates for this product.

I decided to waste their time a little and talk about buying it from them and returning the product amazon is sending us when it arrives. I was surprised when they stated they would prefer the opened player sent from them that had been used instead of the unopened player from amazon.

I just realized you can *rent* this product for the cost of shipping by ordering a new one every 30 days and returning the old one; this way you don't lose on depreciation; you avoid sales tax (you still are supposed to pay use tax on amazon orders) and if they come out with something better in a year you can just upgrade to the new product. Something to think about...
post #81 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 PM

Well, it seems like Sony has not got the customer service department up to speed on the media player. I owned the previous media player, but ended up returning it. At the time I did own it, I had bought like 6 or so movies. When I try to download them on the new player, I get a error stating that I had purchased the movie with another media player. It states that in order to play this movie on the new media player I need to call Sony with the code given on the screen. So of course I did that and after about 30 min I was told that "it is such a new item that our systems are not up to date, so we can't help you at this time until we get an update on how to fix it". It seems like eventually, it will get fixed, but still irritating. They should have stuff like this in place prior to releasing a product.

-Hawkmoon
post #82 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Exactly, it goes back and forth. It must be something with my internet speed because it has taken over 3 hours so far to download an 8 minute video clip on the video unlimited app.

I will say when it is in actual 4k the picture is amazing.

I downloaded the new spiderman movie clip that is 4 mins long in under 20 min...so yeah, it sounds like your internet speed is just a little shy.

Are you wired or wireless? That can make a huge impact. I am wireless, but just to test, I used a cable to test the speed again, and I was able to download another clip even faster. If you are wireless see if you run a cable to go wired. Another solution is those power inline adapters. They come in a pair of 2, they plug into a wall outlet and you run a cable from the router to one of the adapters. You then plug the second adapter into a wall outlet near where you need it and you run a cable from that adapter to the media player. It transmits the data through the wall socket. It works really well and better than using Wi-Fi/wireless. Here is link to one of them from best buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-...0002&cp=1&lp=1

-Hawkmoon
post #83 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I got mine today as well

-So far the Netflix Cards is beautiful (saw season two part 1)..

-Those with nettflix.. watch the series Moving Art .. they look amazing..

-The back usb is for Sonys 4k Hardrive extension to save 4k sony downloaded movies.

- the front is for user usb 4k movies..and only ( so far in testing ) only mp4's.. It doesn't do mkv.

-

also the best example of a well made 4k is from one of the freebies on the 4k service from sony,, MicroWorlds Butterflies.. BEautiful!!

Last edited by luism2008; 07-17-2014 at 09:44 PM.
post #84 of 288 Old 07-17-2014, 11:13 PM

I pulled all my samples of YT, here's a link to one that I used when still making my purchase decision,
, over a gig for 6 minutes, but watcha gonna do

edit - from what I understand, this was filmed with a RED, I don't know that for a fact, just thought I'd share
post #85 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Those that are loving the House of Cards season 2 in 4k might want to checkout Ghostbusters in 4k on Netflix. It will bring you back down to earth. Compare it to the x10/x1 version. The Netflix version destroys the grain.

Have I read it right that movies purchased on the X1 with your SEN account are not available on the x10 and have to be purchased again? I hope I miss read that.

Last edited by HDfruitcake; 07-18-2014 at 01:42 AM.
post #86 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfruitcake View Post
Those that are loving the House of Cards season 2 in 4k might want to checkout Ghostbusters in 4k on Netflix. It will bring you back down to earth. Compare it to the x10/x1 version. The Netflix version destroys the grain.

Have I read it right that movies purchased on the X1 with your SEN account are not available on the x10 and have to be purchased again? I hope I miss read that.
The movies purchased on the x1 are available to re-download on the x10 provided you use the same account on both. Non-purchased content such as the 10 free 4K movies are not.
post #87 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsforum@sharklasers.com View Post
My friend Jonathan and I both called this evening and they wouldn't give either of us the deal and they stated they were under instructions not to give any rebates for this product.

I decided to waste their time a little and talk about buying it from them and returning the product amazon is sending us when it arrives. I was surprised when they stated they would prefer the opened player sent from them that had been used instead of the unopened player from amazon.

I just realized you can *rent* this product for the cost of shipping by ordering a new one every 30 days and returning the old one; this way you don't lose on depreciation; you avoid sales tax (you still are supposed to pay use tax on amazon orders) and if they come out with something better in a year you can just upgrade to the new product. Something to think about...
Obviously you have NO ethics.......
post #88 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
X10- HDMI 4 Picture Settings

I just got my X900A on wednesday and have not received my X10 yet. But over in the TV thread I was reading that folks were having problems with setting the "picture settings" while in the Apps and using one of the Apps like Netflix. Last night I was looking at this and while playing a movie on Netflix I hit the home button and it would take me out of Netflix. I decided to try a different way of doing it- while playing a movie I hit the Options button instead- went to "scene" changed it to "cinema" then went to "pic adjustments" and set it to "common" to match my other HDMI settings. Low and behold all the settings changed to match my common settings.
As stated, I don't have my X10 but maybe someone could try this method while in Netflix to see what happens.
Gerry
post #89 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Obviously you have NO ethics.......
I am sure they would "blacklist" him
post #90 of 288 Old 07-18-2014, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsforum@sharklasers.com View Post

with crutchfield, you get 60 days. either way, please don't do that. For the first evaluation period to see if you want to keep it, that's all well and good but, to keep cycling it is abusing the policy and will get it shut down for everybody else. That's what shut down Costco's return policy on TV's. It's abusing a well intentioned policy...

Also, I imagine if you keep repurchasing the same product and returning it within the return window, somebody is going to shut that down on you and you're going to be stuck with the player.

edit: derp... didn't see others had already addressed this topic. Sorry guys

Last edited by Duke02; 07-18-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page