Streaming Multiple (16) Live Cameras??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-31-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Streaming Multiple (16) Live Cameras???

Hi, I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I can live stream a large number of cameras. Our market research department wants to stream their sessions, utilizing up to 16 cameras (YIKES). I came up with a hacky solution of using the following
  • 16 USB HD webcams
  • 4 USB hubs
  • 2 USB 3.0 expansion cards in PC
  • Open Broadcast Software
  • Stream to UStream via OBS
I basically have this rigged to try to get all of these webcams to feed into the PC and lay the display out using the Open Broadcast Software. No matter how low I set the resolution on the cameras though I can maybe get 9-10 of the cameras to work, and it's very temperamental. I'm not sure if I'm exceeding the bandwidth on the PCI bus, or if OBS is just not able to handle all of those cameras.

We don't get the best quality out of those cameras anyway and we are looking for a better solution. I have searched and I can't find anything that will let me broadcast that many simultaneous inputs. This isn't really my area of expertise and I'm a little lost in searching for solutions. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Would I be better of doing more of a security camera type setup? If so, I'm not sure how I would live stream that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I think I would start this by looking at surveillance camera systems. There are 16 camera systems that can be streamed over the net.

http://www.supercircuits.com/securit...camera-systems
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page