Netflix in stereo not 5.1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Netflix in stereo not 5.1

I seem to be the only one having this problem. First my hardware, Samsung UN55H7150, Denon AVR 1712, other not related DirectTV, blu-ray player, HTPC. All sources connect to the Denon via HDMI and then from the Denon to Sammy via HDMI. When I use Samsung Smart TV apps I use an optical cable from the TV to the Denon. I can't get Dolby Digital on Netflix. When I use the HBOGO app I have Dolby Digital, but not Netflix. I don't even have the option from the Netflix app under language closed caption I only show stereo available on shows that show they are 5.1. This is a wireless connection to the internet. When I run a speedtest from the web browser app I'm getting 15 meg down speed. Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get 5.1 on the Netflix app?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
im having the same problem with my samsung un55f6300 netflix app. i cant get 5.1 through optical audio cable to my old yamaha receiver, just stereo. all other apps work fine for 5.1. this started the other day.
i have already posted this in another thread.anyone have any ideas?
post #3 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasReich View Post
im having the same problem with my samsung un55f6300 netflix app. i cant get 5.1 through optical audio cable to my old yamaha receiver, just stereo. all other apps work fine for 5.1. this started the other day.
i have already posted this in another thread.anyone have any ideas?
Been having this issue here in the US for awhile with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Video. The one connect box does not switch from Dolby Digital to PCM on these services (Dolby Digital 5.1 plays fine) so on stereo I must go into sound settings on one connect box (SEK-2500) and manually switch to PCM so I can re-route the audio from two channel sound to surround sound. Does that sound like your problem?
post #4 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

That is not the issue I was talking about in my original post. I don't show a 5.1 option in Netflix. Play a House of Cards episode. Move mouse/cursor to bottom of screen, you will see a small box for subtitles and audio, click on that and you will see options, I don't show anything except for stereo.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 11:04 AM

thanks for the suggestion but i dont have a one connect box. it seems to be a netflix app problem only as the only option for audio is stereo from within the netflix app closed caption/audio section of the app. tried changing the audio settings from within the samsung TV menu but that didnt change anything in the netflix app. thought about doing a factory reset, but that is a pain.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 11:05 AM

yes J Mclain you and I are having the same problem. was working fine until now. not sure if this is a netflix problem or samsung. i contacted both companies. netflix is supposed to call me back to help but samsung was clueless as to what i was explaining to them. im glad to see im not the only one.

Last edited by ThomasReich; 09-15-2014 at 11:09 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 PM

just got a call from a women at netflix. they state they are aware of the issue with the app with at least 3 samsung model TV's. they are working to fix it. ETA for fix 2-4 weeks. they credited me one month free service.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-15-2014, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Thomas, I agree we are both having the same issue. I will give Netflix a call as well.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-18-2014, 04:01 AM

I'm having the same Netflix issue on my Samsung UE32F6510 smart tv. Before i had AC3 5.1 audio via optical until a few days ago Netflix suddenly automatically chooses stereo. Even though in the app it shows 5.1 Dolby Digital plus selected. Glad to hear a fix is coming. I'm in the Netherlands, where are you all located?
post #10 of 12 Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

I am in the USA. I do not show 5.1 in the Netflix app. I did have 5.1 but not any more.
post #11 of 12 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Isn't this to do older receivers not being able to use DD+, so they revert to stereo?
post #12 of 12 Old Today, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

The Denon AVR 1712 will do Dolby Digital Plus. It was working.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netflix , Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page