Dune died, need replacement !! - AVS Forum
Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming > Dune died, need replacement !!
pda_lover's Avatar pda_lover 12:40 AM 11-16-2014
Hi friends,

I have a Dune D1 and it served me well (since last few years) while it lasted. Today while playing a blu-ray from Synology NAS it gave up and died in peace. I am now in market to find a replacement for the Dune? I have been away from the forums for sometime and when i bought Dune, the only worthy competitor was Popcorn hour. Looking for suggestions for playing almost always local contents mostly in ripped blu-ray with HD audio (DTS-HD-MA, TRUE HD) and would be good to have some functionality of displaying my photo collection.

bluewhale1's Avatar bluewhale1 02:49 AM 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda_lover View Post
Hi friends,

I have a Dune D1 and it served me well (since last few years) while it lasted. Today while playing a blu-ray from Synology NAS it gave up and died in peace. I am now in market to find a replacement for the Dune? I have been away from the forums for sometime and when i bought Dune, the only worthy competitor was Popcorn hour. Looking for suggestions for playing almost always local contents mostly in ripped blu-ray with HD audio (DTS-HD-MA, TRUE HD) and would be good to have some functionality of displaying my photo collection.
Just to help get an answer as im curious as to what people say

1) Do you still want full blu ray menu support(this factor alone may limit choices)
2) Interested in 3d at all

Places like Dune player.com still sell the d1 but its hard to suggest that due to its age. Most people seem to going the route of Chromebox and xbmc. Have you looked at the other threads like vidonme etc etc
pda_lover's Avatar pda_lover 05:03 AM 11-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post
Just to help get an answer as im curious as to what people say

1) Do you still want full blu ray menu support(this factor alone may limit choices)
2) Interested in 3d at all

Places like Dune player.com still sell the d1 but its hard to suggest that due to its age. Most people seem to going the route of Chromebox and xbmc. Have you looked at the other threads like vidonme etc etc
Dont think i need BD menu support
no 3D, although it would be nice to have
Movie78's Avatar Movie78 06:53 AM 11-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda_lover View Post
Dont think i need BD menu support
no 3D, although it would be nice to have
ChromeBox with OpenElec

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362
Up
Mobile  Desktop