Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2014, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
MeLE X2000 4K Quad Core H.265 Dolby Digital Plus DTS 5.1

Mele has just purchased a new device,

I can not post links because of my message count, but you can find it the offiial sellpage of Mele on Aliexpress.

Actullay, I don't have any business with android, my only hope from the device;

* Playing 1080p mkv's and BluRay ISO's without any problems
* Identifying 2,5" 2.0 TB+ HDD's
* Passthrough the DTS, and other surrond formats to AVR

So I'm just interested with media playing, however Dune's and other devices are too expensive.

My budget is 100 $ max, maybe HiMedia Q5 Quad could be a good choice because of RTD 1195 chipset, as of Eweat 902 (but i think it doesn't support DTS hardware)

So, what do you think on this device? If ıt's worth it, may I can try to push my budget.

I think, we can count on Mele product support instead of HiMedia or other Chinese producers.

But I'm not familier with this chipset, and also have no idea whether it decodes/passes the DTS on software or hardware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Do you already have the device or are you looking into purchasing it?
Old 11-19-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Sounds good on paper, but color me skeptical. Too many devices lately that promise the world and deliver crap. "I Want to Believe" though (quoting 'The X-Files').

They do promise:
Quote:
Blu-ray ISO, BDMV, 3D in XBMC
Found this quote from a Mele rep on someone's question re: hd audio (see here):
Quote:
...the first shipment will comes with Android 4.3 and Dolby and DTS 5.1, 7.1 will be supported when it is updated to Android 4.4 (OTA)

HD Media Keen Videosaurus

Last edited by Brajesh; 11-19-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
Do you already have the device or are you looking into purchasing it?
No mate, i don't have it , looking for purchase it.

And i wonder it if anybody has it and tried.

Samsung 55H7000 / Pioneer VSX-323-K AVR / Pioneer S-ES3TB Speaker Set / Playstation 4 / Samsung 46ES6000 / Samsung HW-F551 Soundbar / Dreambox DM-800 HD / iPhone 6 128 GB Silver / iPad Air 2 64 GB
Old 11-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wade View Post

I can not post links because of my message count, but you can find it the offiial sellpage of Mele on Aliexpress.

So I'm just interested with media playing, however Dune's and other devices are too expensive.

My budget is 100 $ max, maybe HiMedia Q5 Quad could be a good choice because of RTD 1195 chipset, as of Eweat 902 (but i think it doesn't support DTS hardware)

So, what do you think on this device? If ıt's worth it, may I can try to push my budget.

I think, we can count on Mele product support instead of HiMedia or other Chinese producers.

But I'm not familier with this chipset, and also have no idea whether it decodes/passes the DTS on software or hardware?

Seems to be a pretty good machine on paper like all the new chinese boxes that are coming. The EWEAT has a really GREAT Realtek 1195 chipset for video playback but his XBMC bugs make me sick. It should do 7.1 HD audio but it seems not the case as it needs firmware updates again. Sadly I dont have HD audio receiver so I cant comment on this if its true or not. Because when I play HD audio files it will show DTS-HD 6 channels and Dolby True-HD 6 channels. Anyway, what I like about the new MELEE is his very colorful graphical interface and all the features are perfectly displayed on screen. If HD audio work and XBMC works this should bea good one . And you have different choice of hardware configuration
Old 01-09-2015, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wade View Post

I would share my experiences of the new Mele X2000 4k box
I received the box about 10 days ago and to put it bluntly I have found it to be shocking !.
Firstly out of the box impressions, it didn't look to bad, a little bit plasticy but a nice copper tone trim. the hard drive cover was rather disappointing though. Firstly I disconnected my sky box HDMI and connected this to the HDMI in and connected the supplied HDMI to my AVA receivers. I powered on the box and the booting process completed presenting the Mele home screen and audio from my Sky box. The audio did stop however when I launched one of the preinstalled Apps. I plugged in a 2Tb HDD and launched XBMC, added video source and let it do its thing. This is when the problems started The box ran out of memory. It took me to Application manager settings and kept flashing I need to uninstall some apps. I could not exit this screen by conventional means, i.e remote control (F10) and eventually had to power off the device. I rebooted the device only to be presented with a banner across the XBMC icon "not installed" . On seeing this I went to my apps and was presented with the message Unfortunately U3 Launcher has stopped working. I tried this several time and got the same message. I tried using the XBMC not installed icon and it took me to a screen to reinstall the app, OK I thought lets reinstall then, on the first attempt I clicked download and it patiently sat there for over 2 hours doing nothing, I tried this probably 30 or 40 times over a 24 hour period, at one point I thought I was on to a winner I hit download and the wait icon said 0.0% and quickly shot to, wait for it ........ 0.42%, yes that's right less than 1% and stuck there for 2 hours.
At this point I tried to visit The Mele forum en.Mele.cn and received error 500 and the site is still down as I type this review.
At this point XBMC is not installed ( the primary reason I bought the box) and none of the links TV store or direct install from the XBMC icon will work and the app launcher U3 no longer works just gives the message that unfortunately U3 Launcher has stopped working.
I went to settings to see if there was a firmware update the options given where update, trial, and install from local, updates and trial informed me that there were non available and I do not have a Rom image stored locally and there certainly isn't one available online.
I thought a factory reset would no likely do the trick "WARNING" if you do this when you box is rebooted you will have the majority of your apps gone. The only apps that remained were YouTube, 4K player, movie player and the TV market (which wouldn't download anything and the selection of apps was very limited with no option to explore and app your own apps)
XBMC still showing not installed and now Internet TV also showing the same, and to add insult to injury the bloody U3 Launcher is still not working !
Where to go Next ? Mele support, forget it , sorry forum is down we will try and fix it !
I visited XBMCs website and downloaded their version XBMC 13.2 Gotham (arm v7a) - Android. I installed from memory stick, acknowledged the error that Unfortunately U3 launcher has stopped working and launched XBMC a from the home screen icon (not installed message has now gone)
I tried to play a few films of various formats and noted that XBMC now uses its own internal player ( the 3rd party 4K player no longer launches) which is stutters on 1080 mkv's even with HW acceleration enabled and audio is stereo only even with pass through enabled on the box and within XBMC. Still better than nothing I thought, I added video source to XBMCS and let it scrape my media drive, all movies titled and in separate folders and all ready tagged with nfo's pesters etc via Media Companion and stored locally in each films individual folder. I told XBMCS to use local data only for scraping purposes and not to include actors.
B**ger Me, it ran out of memory again reset the box and uninstalling XBMC.
I rebooted and changed the settings in application manager to install to external rather than the default / internal option. Again the same problem. I would like have thought that maybe my film library was to large but XBMC works fine on my sumvision android X2 1gb/4gb, and even my Mele M9 (admittedly after a lot of messing around with the M9).
After repeated requests from Mele (Cn) to no avail, I have contacted Tina at Mele Europe and am yet to receive a reply. I think the support for this device is non existent and would seriously advise people against purchasing this box before Mele sort their act and support out . What is the point of having 3Tb HDD support if installed apps run seriously low on memory even to the point of auto uninstalling apps.
And why is XBMC installing to RAM not ROM, I have no idea
If your looking for an android TV box, I would look elsewhere. As it stands this box is not fit for purpose and there is little or no support fro Mele
Regards
Rod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mele 1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	468258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mele 2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	468266  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Lyne View Post
I would share my experiences of the new Mele X2000 4k box
I received the box about 10 days ago and to put it bluntly I have found it to be shocking !.
Firstly out of the box impressions, it didn't look to bad, a little bit plasticy but a nice copper tone trim. the hard drive cover was rather disappointing though. Firstly I disconnected my sky box HDMI and connected this to the HDMI in and connected the supplied HDMI to my AVA receivers. I powered on the box and the booting process completed presenting the Mele home screen and audio from my Sky box. The audio did stop however when I launched one of the preinstalled Apps. I plugged in a 2Tb HDD and launched XBMC, added video source and let it do its thing. This is when the problems started The box ran out of memory. It took me to Application manager settings and kept flashing I need to uninstall some apps. I could not exit this screen by conventional means, i.e remote control (F10) and eventually had to power off the device. I rebooted the device only to be presented with a banner across the XBMC icon "not installed" . On seeing this I went to my apps and was presented with the message Unfortunately U3 Launcher has stopped working. I tried this several time and got the same message. I tried using the XBMC not installed icon and it took me to a screen to reinstall the app, OK I thought lets reinstall then, on the first attempt I clicked download and it patiently sat there for over 2 hours doing nothing, I tried this probably 30 or 40 times over a 24 hour period, at one point I thought I was on to a winner I hit download and the wait icon said 0.0% and quickly shot to, wait for it ........ 0.42%, yes that's right less than 1% and stuck there for 2 hours.
At this point I tried to visit The Mele forum en.Mele.cn and received error 500 and the site is still down as I type this review.
At this point XBMC is not installed ( the primary reason I bought the box) and none of the links TV store or direct install from the XBMC icon will work and the app launcher U3 no longer works just gives the message that unfortunately U3 Launcher has stopped working.
I went to settings to see if there was a firmware update the options given where update, trial, and install from local, updates and trial informed me that there were non available and I do not have a Rom image stored locally and there certainly isn't one available online.
I thought a factory reset would no likely do the trick "WARNING" if you do this when you box is rebooted you will have the majority of your apps gone. The only apps that remained were YouTube, 4K player, movie player and the TV market (which wouldn't download anything and the selection of apps was very limited with no option to explore and app your own apps)
XBMC still showing not installed and now Internet TV also showing the same, and to add insult to injury the bloody U3 Launcher is still not working !
Where to go Next ? Mele support, forget it , sorry forum is down we will try and fix it !
I visited XBMCs website and downloaded their version XBMC 13.2 Gotham (arm v7a) - Android. I installed from memory stick, acknowledged the error that Unfortunately U3 launcher has stopped working and launched XBMC a from the home screen icon (not installed message has now gone)
I tried to play a few films of various formats and noted that XBMC now uses its own internal player ( the 3rd party 4K player no longer launches) which is stutters on 1080 mkv's even with HW acceleration enabled and audio is stereo only even with pass through enabled on the box and within XBMC. Still better than nothing I thought, I added video source to XBMCS and let it scrape my media drive, all movies titled and in separate folders and all ready tagged with nfo's pesters etc via Media Companion and stored locally in each films individual folder. I told XBMCS to use local data only for scraping purposes and not to include actors.
B**ger Me, it ran out of memory again reset the box and uninstalling XBMC.
I rebooted and changed the settings in application manager to install to external rather than the default / internal option. Again the same problem. I would like have thought that maybe my film library was to large but XBMC works fine on my sumvision android X2 1gb/4gb, and even my Mele M9 (admittedly after a lot of messing around with the M9).
After repeated requests from Mele (Cn) to no avail, I have contacted Tina at Mele Europe and am yet to receive a reply. I think the support for this device is non existent and would seriously advise people against purchasing this box before Mele sort their act and support out . What is the point of having 3Tb HDD support if installed apps run seriously low on memory even to the point of auto uninstalling apps.
And why is XBMC installing to RAM not ROM, I have no idea
If your looking for an android TV box, I would look elsewhere. As it stands this box is not fit for purpose and there is little or no support fro Mele
Regards
Rod
My Bad.... I was thinking that my EWEAT caused me a lot of problems... Nowhere near as in your case with the Melee X2000 !

Sorry for you, really. But it's all goes to the same conclusion : Never purchase a an Androix Box product from a chinese company. I got my lesson