Streaming over HDMI extender (via ethernet) or better solution? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Unread Today, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Streaming over HDMI extender (via ethernet) or better solution?

Since the beginning of my home theater building adventure I have always been rather unhappy about streaming/reproduction options I had at hand and those which I researched.

Right now I own Panasonic 65VT50 TV, Denon 1713 AVR and Popcorn Hour C-300 media player(with HDD) + external NAS, all connected to my network via switch.

Let me go over each real quick in terms of their media functions
- panasonic tv - fast file browsing, but no THX cinema mode unless I watch movies from external player, cant make playlists for music (or maybe I can but would be too annoying with remote )
- denon avr - okay for playing music since i can access it with android app on my smartphone, but it tends to have unresponsive moments and also no posibilities of playlist
- popcorn hour - okay to watch movie via jukebox but software is a bit slow, real nightmare for music, since it has audio dropout at start of each song and everything has to be perfectly tagged if you want to use jukebox

So, my plan is next...to buy a HDMI extender, stick it in my computer and recievers HDMI input and then use bluetooth mouse in my living room to design lovely playlists in Foobar or VLC or whatever. Plus I could use Zappiti media center or something fancy like that to browse through movies.

Does anyone have better or simpler idea or am I onto something here?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page