yaDIS : Dune HD jukebox tutorial - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 77Likes

post #31 of 670 Old 08-01-2015, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The template.xml in the C:\Program Files (x86)\yaDIS\templates\[template-subfolder] seems to refer to some specific fonts. Those fonts seem to be present in this [template-subfolder], the *.ttf-files. I installed them in Windows via Control Panel > Fonts, but for me it did not fix the wrong fonts in yaDIS. I have a german updatet Windows 10 and did not yet reinstall yaDIS.

Update: I checked the Windows\Fonts-folder in the Windows.old-folder Windows 10 creates when updating and the above mentioned fonts are not there. So I also removed them again from the current Windows fonts.

Last edited by nada2k; 08-01-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 670 Old 08-01-2015, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I also installed the fonts under Windows 10 without success. Changing some settings/fonts in the template.xml has no effect as well.
post #33 of 670 Old 08-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday I added a movie (with the wrong font) and exported the yaDIS interface. When I wanted to watch the movie I saw that it was the only one with a cover. All other movies were "empty". I tried to play some of those "empty" movies, but it resulted in an error message that they could not be found. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if it's also something that happened because of the Windows 10 Update.

post #34 of 670 Old 08-02-2015, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hi Eric,

Another windows 10 user and backup question.

I'm correct in saying I just need to backup the workspace folder to the new install? Is there anyway of transferring the settings or would I need to do them again?

Thanks

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Duo + Darbee 5000S + Iscan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K / VU+ Duo2 NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 16GB
post #35 of 670 Old 08-03-2015, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Backup workspace and do the settings again is OK. You can also backup the config.ini that you will find in appdata/roaming/yadis (could be local/yadis, I don't remember exactly and can't check right now) as it contains all details regarding dune path and folders to scan. If you do it, install the new yadis, don't start it, add the config.ini back up in the same folder you found the original one, add your workspace backup. Once done, start yadis and everything should be there, you will only need to reprocess your Movies (will be fast as everything is saved in you workspace backup).
a5ian300zx likes this.
post #36 of 670 Old 08-03-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've been using yadis for a number of years.

I've noticed it doesn't 'remember' a few specific movies and I have to re-process them each time I open the program (Brave, Shrek 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol). I don't know why, it's always these ones.
post #37 of 670 Old 08-03-2015, 09:44 PM

I have these movies and mine remembers then no problem.

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Duo + Darbee 5000S + Iscan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K / VU+ Duo2 NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 16GB
post #38 of 670 Old 08-04-2015, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any news regarding the Windows 10 issue?
post #39 of 670 Old 08-05-2015, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same problem with fonts and win 10 here.
I have also this issue:
h**p://s7.postimg.org/4qsiekuff/Cattura.png

All titles are cutted at the bottom.
post #40 of 670 Old 08-06-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Mr Eric! Awesome awesome awesome! Just noticed this thread!

I used MyMovies (MM) for years but found it pretty limiting using it on the DUne as aopposed to a HTPC and eventually the WDTV live smp. I too found Zappiti very limiting. YaDIS works the best for me. Although it is very labor intensive for my setup. I do miss the automatic functions of MM. That was a true rip and forget process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
One more question - does either yaDis or MM support offline titles -
My specialty. MM does officially. But I use a workaround to get it to work on yaDIS. I will try to find the thread and post it here.
post #41 of 670 Old 08-06-2015, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here it is:
----------------------------------------

In case anyone cares, my method for working with offline movies with yaDIS:
1. Create a video file in any video editor. I set the resolution to 720p to keep the file size down. In the video I created a simple title: "this title is offline". I only made the video 5 seconds long and saved it as an .mov file. Duplicate by Copy & pasting this file for all of your offline movies, naming each one.
2. The video files must be in their own folder. Download the program "filetofolder". This will automatically put each movie file into it's own folder with the matching file name. Easy!
3.I put all these dummy files into their own root folder called "offline movies" and set it as a scan location within yaDIS.

My customizations:
YaDIS will process these movies and assign the default box cover. This is a black generic case with no labels on it. Obviously, you must select the "Use box cases" in the yasDIS setup menu to see this. Go to the png image of this default box cover, found within C:/Program files/yaDIS/images (?). I used photoshop to open the image and placed an icon on the top-right of the case. Save the image preserving transparency. I actually edited the Blu Ray 3D case and saved it as the "default" case and the "HDTV" case because I wanted a blue colored case. It's important not to change any aspect or dimensions of the image.

YaDIS will do its best to assign the "Default" case to these fake mov files.*** This makes it easy to identify which movie is offline when browsing the movie wall. If you forget and play the movie you will be greeted with the "This movie is offline" video that plays.

CONS:
  • There won't be the time displayed in the backdrop art. You could always manually type it in for each movie.
  • This wouldn't work if you have real .mov files in your collection.
  • *** There is a bug where it sometimes assigns the "Blu Ray" or "DVD" cover art to your fake movies. If this happens, I manually assign the "HDTV" cover to these offline movies (so I can see my offline icon). Remember, I customized both the default and HDTV box covers.
THOUGHTS:
  • Before you do this, it might be a good idea to create an "Online" selection within yaDIS and add all your movies to it. CTRL+A selecting all your movies and simply right-click and type "online" in the selection field and hit enter. I would image you might want to just browse for movies you don't have to get off the couch for
  • You can play around with different video formats. I first tried this with .avi files. I do not recommend this since there is a weird bug. The cover will get the default cover, but it is actually set to "DVD" box art within yaDIS. When i changed something, like a genre and clicked "Apply", it set it with the dvd box cover. I then had to change the cover for each one of these movies covers manually. This is why I recommend .mov video files for the dummies.

Seems like a lot of work, but I managed to get through it pretty quickly. The ~250 offline files only amounted to about 30MB. I am happy to share the custom disc icon and the video files if you want. Just PM me.

example: (The covers also have the little blue disc icon when browsing the movie wall).
post #42 of 670 Old 08-07-2015, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade View Post
I've been using yadis for a number of years.

I've noticed it doesn't 'remember' a few specific movies and I have to re-process them each time I open the program (Brave, Shrek 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol). I don't know why, it's always these ones.
Check your files if you don't have duplicates (another file somewhere with the exact same name. Could be a tv show with the same name than a movie)
post #43 of 670 Old 08-07-2015, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelance View Post
Any news regarding the Windows 10 issue?
I'm in holiday and can't post easily from here. And I guess that Fred is in holiday as well... Might need to wait a bit before seeing a corrected version of yadis.
post #44 of 670 Old 08-08-2015, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
Check your files if you don't have duplicates (another file somewhere with the exact same name. Could be a tv show with the same name than a movie)
Damn. Your right. Checked for duplicate and found them. Deleted them and now there's no issues.
post #45 of 670 Old 08-11-2015, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi,
Just installed Dune HD Smart D1 player with a 4TB drive. Copied about 350 MKV movies to it and ran Yadis. Works wonderfully. I can't believe how simple and how well it works. Thanks for all your work. Can I attached a seperate USB drive and have Yadis do the scraping and show the movies from the USB drive as well as the internal drive in the same interface? I have usb drive of just SBS 3D movies that I would like to add. Or should I create a seperate folder on the internal drive and put all my 3D movies in there? Of course if it is possible I would edit the 3D movies so they show they are 3D so there is no confusion. Also, if there is a way to contribute to the development of this program I would be happy to.
Thanks again
Phil
post #46 of 670 Old 08-11-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Hi,
Just installed Dune HD Smart D1 player with a 4TB drive. Copied about 350 MKV movies to it and ran Yadis. Works wonderfully. I can't believe how simple and how well it works. Thanks for all your work. Can I attached a seperate USB drive and have Yadis do the scraping and show the movies from the USB drive as well as the internal drive in the same interface? I have usb drive of just SBS 3D movies that I would like to add. Or should I create a seperate folder on the internal drive and put all my 3D movies in there? Of course if it is possible I would edit the 3D movies so they show they are 3D so there is no confusion. Also, if there is a way to contribute to the development of this program I would be happy to.
Thanks again
Phil

Okay I'm and idiot. I think I just found my answer under Folders. If I have any problems I'll reply back. Still wanting to help fund this program!! Thanks
post #47 of 670 Old 08-11-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Okay I'm and idiot. I think I just found my answer under Folders. If I have any problems I'll reply back. Still wanting to help fund this program!! Thanks
Okay so got it figured out. I used cases for all the 3D movies on the other drive as well as putting 3D in the title so it's easy to distinguish. Plus found a 3D cover wherever I could. It didn't let me choose which case I wanted ie: Bluray or 3D Bluray. Just defaulted to the red mkv one. Is there a way to choose which case to use?
Thanks
post #48 of 670 Old 08-11-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is someone actually working on a new version of yaDIS? If so I would like to donate too. And I have some suggestions
post #49 of 670 Old 08-12-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Okay so got it figured out. I used cases for all the 3D movies on the other drive as well as putting 3D in the title so it's easy to distinguish. Plus found a 3D cover wherever I could. It didn't let me choose which case I wanted ie: Bluray or 3D Bluray. Just defaulted to the red mkv one. Is there a way to choose which case to use?
Thanks
Never mind. Found that too under Media.
post #50 of 670 Old 08-13-2015, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nada2k View Post
Yesterday I added a movie (with the wrong font) and exported the yaDIS interface. When I wanted to watch the movie I saw that it was the only one with a cover. All other movies were "empty". I tried to play some of those "empty" movies, but it resulted in an error message that they could not be found. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if it's also something that happened because of the Windows 10 Update.
It is not a coincidence, I also have this problem.
post #51 of 670 Old 08-13-2015, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

FYI Fred was contacted and he will have a look at those win10 problems when back from his holidays early September.
Giffeldk likes this.
post #52 of 670 Old 08-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Just donated $20US to Fred's wonderful program. Thanks again for your great work!!
Phil
post #53 of 670 Old 08-15-2015, 07:16 AM

Okay quick question. If I have 2 Dune players, how do I handle this with Yadis?
Thanks
post #54 of 670 Old 08-15-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Okay quick question. If I have 2 Dune players, how do I handle this with Yadis?
Thanks
As long as your workspace folder is on a shared drive/folder and not on a dune itself, any dune in the house can connect to it.
post #55 of 670 Old 08-15-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
As long as your workspace folder is on a shared drive/folder and not on a dune itself, any dune in the house can connect to it.
Sorry didn't explain myself correctly. I have 1 Dune player with internal HD. If I purchase another Dune player with an internal drive in it how does Yadis do the scraping? Do I map the drive and make sure only 1 unit is on at a time to do the scraping? ie: Both Dune drives are mapped, but because only one unit is on at a time it only scrapes the unit that's on? Hopefully I make sense.
Thanks
post #56 of 670 Old 08-15-2015, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I gotcha. Not sure when the workspace folder is located on the dune itself.
post #57 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry didn't explain myself correctly. I have 1 Dune player with internal HD. If I purchase another Dune player with an internal drive in it how does Yadis do the scraping? Do I map the drive and make sure only 1 unit is on at a time to do the scraping? ie: Both Dune drives are mapped, but because only one unit is on at a time it only scrapes the unit that's on? Hopefully I make sense.
Thanks
When you have multiple dunes with one or more using an internal drive, the only solution is to run multiple instances of yadis. Just install a new yadis in a different folder than the one you already have and run both independently. That comes from the fact that the internal drive of dune #1 will be seen as a local drive for for dune #1 but network drive for dune #2 , and you can't have 2 different dune paths to access the same file, hence the need to run 2 yadis (so twice the same work to do...). that's also why using a NAS with all files on it is much easier as you can add as many dunes as you want and they will all use the same yadis export folder
post #58 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 04:35 AM

Hi Eric, I recently noticed that yadis on my qnap Is missing all the images of the movies except the new ones I added.

How do I get all the previous images back in the menu.

I can see the movies and images are in the folder but not displayed in yadis.

Any help would be appreciated.

post #59 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 04:36 AM

On another note a really cool feature would be able to update imdb scores on movies instead of reloading the whole information.

Thanks

post #60 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post
Hi Eric, I recently noticed that yadis on my qnap Is missing all the images of the movies except the new ones I added.

How do I get all the previous images back in the menu.

I can see the movies and images are in the folder but not displayed in yadis.

Any help would be appreciated.
You mean that the pictures are missing on your dune or the yadis main windows on PC ? If it's on the dune try to reset the dune interface (button top right corner in yadis, then reprocess every thing), delete manually your export folder and reexport a brand new one. Do this time to time, after numerous exports and adding/deleting movies/series the export folder gets a bit messed up and exporting a brand new one corrects some weird display problems most of the time.
a5ian300zx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page