yaDIS : Dune HD jukebox tutorial - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 77Likes

post #61 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post
Hi Eric, I recently noticed that yadis on my qnap Is missing all the images of the movies except the new ones I added.

How do I get all the previous images back in the menu.

I can see the movies and images are in the folder but not displayed in yadis.

Any help would be appreciated.
Are you using Windows 10?
Because this happened to me also after upgrading to Windows 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffeldk View Post
Are you using Windows 10?
Because this happened to me also after upgrading to Windows 10.
Hi,

Yes it's after using Windows 10 I backed up the yadis folder but just missing items on the qnap yadis location. Everything is correct in the pc app and way it should be just not on yadis on qnap.

Eric. I don't really want to re import everything again as it took me a while to do it to the way I like ie choosing the backgrounds I like and manually searching for movies that did not come up correct ie my eastern movie collection.

Is there no other way?

Thanks.

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Duo + Darbee 5000S + Iscan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K / VU+ Duo2 NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 16GB
post #63 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
that's also why using a NAS with all files on it is much easier as you can add as many dunes as you want and they will all use the same yadis export folder
do u have ethernet through your place? If so, throw that hard drive on a computer, share your movie folders, and put the export folder folder (sorry i kept calling it workspace) on the computer as well. You can have a million dunes all working off the same export folder. I have 2 dunes in my house and this is what i do.

post #64 of 670 Old 08-16-2015, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post
Hi,

Yes it's after using Windows 10 I backed up the yadis folder but just missing items on the qnap yadis location. Everything is correct in the pc app and way it should be just not on yadis on qnap.

Eric. I don't really want to re import everything again as it took me a while to do it to the way I like ie choosing the backgrounds I like and manually searching for movies that did not come up correct ie my eastern movie collection.

Is there no other way?

Thanks.
Resetting the dune interface doesn't change anything to your backgrounds and personal changes (it's all saved on the workspace). it's just clearing the export folder, when you will reprocess it it will take the existing workspace and just rewrites it to the dune format without changing any previous customization. It's fast and doesn't need to re download anything as everything is already saved in yadis workspace (basically you are just rewriting the output folders and files written for the dune interface/menus).
a5ian300zx likes this.
post #65 of 670 Old 08-17-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Thanks Eric life saver.

TV: Panasonic 55" VT65 Plasma Surround: Yamaha RXA3050 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Duo + Darbee 5000S + Iscan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K / VU+ Duo2 NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 16GB
post #66 of 670 Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffeldk View Post
Hi

After updating to Windows 10 i have a weird problem with yaDIS.

When adding a new movie or updating an old one all the text (descripton, actors etc.) is in capital letters, even when the synopsis is not.

See attached screenshot.
Just upgraded to Windows 10 and having exactly same issue. Hope there is a solution.

Last edited by blenky; 08-17-2015 at 01:29 PM.
post #67 of 670 Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
When you have multiple dunes with one or more using an internal drive, the only solution is to run multiple instances of yadis. Just install a new yadis in a different folder than the one you already have and run both independently. That comes from the fact that the internal drive of dune #1 will be seen as a local drive for for dune #1 but network drive for dune #2 , and you can't have 2 different dune paths to access the same file, hence the need to run 2 yadis (so twice the same work to do...). that's also why using a NAS with all files on it is much easier as you can add as many dunes as you want and they will all use the same yadis export folder
Thanks Mr. Eric,
Just purchased a QNAP TS-451 with 4-3TB WD RED Drives. In the process of copying all the movies to it as I type. This is going to be awesome!!
post #68 of 670 Old 08-21-2015, 10:11 AM

Quick question. I will be putting my movies in each a separate folder as suggested. Is it recommended that I put the .srt subtitle file in there as well? Also should series movies like say the Harry Potter series each be in it's own folder then create the series through Yadis? or is it okay to have one folder marked Harry Potter and have all the series movies in there.
Thanks
post #69 of 670 Old 08-21-2015, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Everything in a separate folders (you will group it in yadis). Each subtitle file in the same folder with the movie (both files should have the exact same name).
post #70 of 670 Old 08-21-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Everything in a separate folders (you will group it in yadis). Each subtitle file in the same folder with the movie (both files should have the exact same name).
Thanks
post #71 of 670 Old 08-24-2015, 02:51 PM

Mr. Eric
When processing, it can only do about 5 or 6 movies at a time even though I highlight them all (1132). I know it stops on errors if it can't find something. Is this common?
Thanks
post #72 of 670 Old 08-24-2015, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
i have a dune hd base 3d, do any of these media mangers auto update? i do not want to have to continuously export my config every time i download a new movie?
post #73 of 670 Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 PM

Okay another question. I recently install a NAS, put all my movies on there. Went into Yadis and deleted the folders to scan (which was originally a 4TB drive installed into the DUNE HD and an external portable drive attached to the player with all my 3D movies on it and added the location of the NAS. Everything worked fine. Found all the movies. Then changed the export location to the NAS instead of the hard drive of the Dune HD player. So then I set up a new Dune player downstairs and point to yadis on the the NAS. Everything is still working fine. When I look at All Movies, everything is fine, but when I go into Genres it shows some of the 3D movies from attached USB drive that I have attached to the other Dune player which of course are not accessible anymore and won't play. Should I have cleared something from the workspace folder prior to doing this? So that it doesn't show movies from the old location? (weird it only shows up when I choose Genre)
Thanks

Last edited by plouie10; 08-24-2015 at 08:52 PM.
post #74 of 670 Old 08-24-2015, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdigs View Post
i have a dune hd base 3d, do any of these media mangers auto update? i do not want to have to continuously export my config every time i download a new movie?
You don't have to export every movie, just the new ones after you process it.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
post #75 of 670 Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Mr. Eric
When processing, it can only do about 5 or 6 movies at a time even though I highlight them all (1132). I know it stops on errors if it can't find something. Is this common?
Thanks
yes, any error will stop the process. Check if it doesn't fail everytime at the same file, as this file could simply be corrupted and won't pass the mediainfo scan (happens often with video_ts rips...).
post #76 of 670 Old 08-25-2015, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Okay another question. I recently install a NAS, put all my movies on there. Went into Yadis and deleted the folders to scan (which was originally a 4TB drive installed into the DUNE HD and an external portable drive attached to the player with all my 3D movies on it and added the location of the NAS. Everything worked fine. Found all the movies. Then changed the export location to the NAS instead of the hard drive of the Dune HD player. So then I set up a new Dune player downstairs and point to yadis on the the NAS. Everything is still working fine. When I look at All Movies, everything is fine, but when I go into Genres it shows some of the 3D movies from attached USB drive that I have attached to the other Dune player which of course are not accessible anymore and won't play. Should I have cleared something from the workspace folder prior to doing this? So that it doesn't show movies from the old location? (weird it only shows up when I choose Genre)
Thanks
You can check in yadis main window if you have correctly removed the old files (the one on the external drive that doesn't exist anymore) : look for an orange "!" (you can use the filter to find it easily) close to the movie name; It indicates a movie scanned in the past but where the source is not available anymore. If you find some, just delete it from yadis (select + del). If you don't find any, try to use the "reset dune interface" button (top right corner in yadis main window), then re-process everything (this will be fast as everything is already saved on your HDD and you don't have to re-download anything). Delete the export folder on your nas and re-export a brand new and clean one. This should correct the problems. With big collections, mostly when you make huge changes like you did, it can happen that some dune_folder.txt files generated by yadis get mixed or not correctly deleted, so making a clean export folder afetr resetting the interface gets everything back in order.

Last edited by Mr Eric; 08-25-2015 at 01:05 AM.
post #77 of 670 Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
You don't have to export every movie, just the new ones after you process it.
correct. The export is incremental. The first export you will do for a start should be the longest one you will ever do. Adding one or two movies is quick and the export (even with 10 movies and 20 tv episodes) shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 minutes maximum to complete.

If you are really looking for a 100% automated system for dune, then the only solution is MyMovies. But I personnaly will never use any automated system and prefer to keep the hand on what's in and out of my collection (and I also like to customise every movie I have, so anyway I've got to make it manually).
post #78 of 670 Old 08-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
do any of these media management programs for dune automatically sort the movies into box-sets or collections? similar to how emby or plex does?

i am currently using zappiti v3 and it doesn't look like it has that feature.
post #79 of 670 Old 08-26-2015, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

None of those jukeboxes for dune creates automatically a collection. You will have to do it by yourself.
post #80 of 670 Old 08-26-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
You can check in yadis main window if you have correctly removed the old files (the one on the external drive that doesn't exist anymore) : look for an orange "!" (you can use the filter to find it easily) close to the movie name; It indicates a movie scanned in the past but where the source is not available anymore. If you find some, just delete it from yadis (select + del). If you don't find any, try to use the "reset dune interface" button (top right corner in yadis main window), then re-process everything (this will be fast as everything is already saved on your HDD and you don't have to re-download anything). Delete the export folder on your nas and re-export a brand new and clean one. This should correct the problems. With big collections, mostly when you make huge changes like you did, it can happen that some dune_folder.txt files generated by yadis get mixed or not correctly deleted, so making a clean export folder afetr resetting the interface gets everything back in order.
Deleting export folder and resetting and reprocessing fixed it.
Thanks
post #81 of 670 Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for some help with Yadis 3.2. It's been working great until yesterday. I was working on my Windows 7 PC and received the blue screen of death. After the computer restarted I received the attached error when I launched Yadis. After searching online I've tried deleting the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\yaDIS folder. I've tried reinstalling Yadis after deleting this folder and still receive the same error. Any ideas of what else I can try?
Thanks-
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yadis Error.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	908866  
post #82 of 670 Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 AM

So just wanted to say thank you again to Fred and Mr. Eric for product and support. If there is another version in the making then perhaps one enhancement would be to have a tab that would have recently viewed movies. Reason being in my old age I will watch a movie, not finish it, go back and forget what I was watching. Don't know if it's impossible or can't be done, but would be a great enhancement.
Thanks
post #83 of 670 Old 08-30-2015, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 215
One thing I noticed with Windows 10 is if I select a group of movie to process if it doesn't find a movie in that group it stops processing all movies. Before in Windows 8.1 it would still process but leave the movie it didnt find in red.
post #84 of 670 Old 08-31-2015, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Sad, but expected, news : mpcc.com is closed down
post #85 of 670 Old 08-31-2015, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
One of my favorite sites. Especially when hijack was running it.
post #86 of 670 Old 09-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Hi,

I've had my Dune and Yadis for quite a while but only recently have I started downloading subtitles for TV Shows via Sick Rage. Everything runs on a Synology DS414.
External subtitles in movie folders are being recognised without an issue by Yadis, but not for TV Shows.
The SRT files have exactly the same name as the respective show episodes.
Where in "Movies", it is possible to add the language of the available subs in Yadis, I do not see that option in TV Shows.

My DUNE recognises the subs (if I drop the [EN] part of the subs file, so it has to be exactly the same).

Did I get anything wrong or you just can't add external subs for tv shows?
Thanks
post #87 of 670 Old 09-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Is there a way to manually edit TV seasons, like you can with Movies?

I'm trying to do the series Red Vs Blue...and each season on the DVD is just one big file - The episodes aren't separated.

I want to avoid having file names like "Red Vs Blue S1E01............................................. .................S1E20.mkv. Gah...looks clunky.

And separating each episode is a huuuge pain..
post #88 of 670 Old 09-01-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade View Post

I'm trying to do the series Red Vs Blue...and each season on the DVD is just one big file - The episodes aren't separated.

I want to avoid having file names like "Red Vs Blue S1E01............................................. .................S1E20.mkv. Gah...looks clunky.

Silverblade,

I never saw any way to manually edit TV Seasons.
You could have it in your movies folder and manually edit that way, but it would still be only one file...
post #89 of 670 Old 09-02-2015, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
It was on my regular visits and the account suspended message I guess means MPC Club is no more. Glad that the contributing members are on other sites. The last few messages were quite direct and to the point regarding the neglect of the site. Sad to see so much accumulated expertise just vanish.
post #90 of 670 Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade View Post

Try "s01e01-20.mkv" it should rip all episodes 1 to 20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page