AVS Forum banner

MUZO Cobblestone Network/Internet Music Streamer Review

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  flvinny521 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've reviewed the MUZO Cobblestone, a streaming music player that can play music from your NAS, phone, or streaming services and is all controlled by a smartphone app. Additionally, it supports multi-room audio.

I doesn't have its own speaker like SONOS devices but I see this as a plus as I can hook up whatever speakers I like.

MUZO Cobblestone Technical Specifications
Connectivity: Wifi 802.11b/g/n (AP / STA modes supported)
Music Formats Supported: MP3, WMA, AAC (AAC+), Apple lossless, ALAC, FLAC, APE, WAV.
Frequency range: 20Hz ~ 20KHz
THD+N: -85db
SNR: 96dB
Connectors: 3.5mm Stereo (Audio), MicroUSB (Power/Charging), Ethernet
Power Supply: 5V, 1A
Dimensions: 20mm x 140mm (Diameter)
Weight: 255 grams

Review
  • The MUZO Cobblestone looks and feels incredible. They've nailed the pebble aesthetic.
  • Inside the box, MUZO have included pretty much everything you need to get started.
  • The front of the device has 3 touch-activated media controls for skipping and pausing media.
  • Setup is handled entirely through the smartphone app. You just add your wifi password, press the WPS button on the unit, and it will automatically set up.
  • Firmware updates are delivered over the air (OTA) through the smartphone app too.
  • The smartphone app looks great and is fairly intuitive. You can stream media from your phone, DLNA servers on your network, TuneIn Radio, Pandora and some other services. Spotify support is listed as coming soon.
  • Being connected over wifi means your range is only limited by your Wifi router. It's great being able to control music from the other side of the house.
  • There were a couple of issues. The Android app is a little buggy at times and did lose sync between what the screen showed and what was playing. No such issues on iOS though.
  • The most common audio formats such as MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC and M4A played fine. 96kHz 24-bit lossless audio didn't work however.

Verdict
Overall, I found the MUZO Cobblestone to be a bargain for it's sub-$60 price point. You get an attractive network music player that supports most standards and offers multiroom audio and smartphone control.

The device runs for $55 normally but there is a coupon to get one for $40.99.

For more information and photos, check out http://hometheatrelife.com/muzo-cobblestone-review-network-music-player-for-streaming-music/

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for taking the time to review this device. I am going to pick one up for now and use it to stream from my UPnP/DLNA media server to some Polk monitors in my kitchen. Eventually I'd like to buy a few more and try them our for whole-home audio. Based on some reviews, it looks like it does a pretty good job of syncing output from multiple units. I'm not sure if I expect it to rival Sonos at these prices, but it's an interesting possibility.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.