Calling all Progressive Rock Fans - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By magic bus

post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2015, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Calling all Progressive Rock Fans

I wanted to share with you guys a station I recently discovered. ourmusicalroots.com They are streaming progressive rock from St Louis Mo to the entire planet. My favorite all time DJ Radio Rich Dalton is doing one shift on this show. He is about as cool and knowledgeable as it gets. This guy saw groups like The Who, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix etc... when they were first on the scene. I was listening to him on a HD station that he ran himself.

He has forgotten more about rock and roll than most people will ever know. He is humble, laid back and very soothing to listen to. He only focus' on music and doesn't get political or talk about current events. Its all about music. He is new to this station and I believe he is set in the 6-12pm time slot for now.

This station harkens back to when the FM radio dominated the airwaves playing vinyl before such things as hip hop and techno dance music ever hit the scene.

If you try it, listen to it for a day or two to get a good feel for what they play. The playlist is deep and ever changing. It is a young station that Im sure many of you like myself will love it.. Im gonna go out on a limb and say many of you will make this your favorite go to streaming station.

I don't know all the technical details but if you go to the site they have technical descriptions as to why it sounds good. They say they use Optimod PC 1101 audio processor along with other things that make it sound good while not using all that much data. I listen to it on my modest setup in my living room and I believe it sounds pretty good. I also listen to it in my truck off my iphone and while it is car audio, its better than Sirius or xm quality.

You can expect to hear bands like, Edgar Winter, Lighthouse, Poco, Pink Floyd, Marshal Tucker Band, Thin Lizzy, Its a Beautiful Day, Mason Proffit, Neil Young, Denim, Bandit, Camel and The Blend just to mention a few. They will play songs you love, songs you haven't heard in years, and songs you love that you never heard before.

If you guys know of another station that is playing progressive free form classic rock like this one please share! If not tell me what you think about this one
doctorwizz likes this.

Last edited by magic bus; Yesterday at 08:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Nice find! In the few minutes I played it, they played great music!

Samsung 65" HU8550-TS01 UHDTV, Denon 3312, Cerwin Vega VE's x 7, DefTech Sub x3
TiVo Raomio OTA 3TB Lifetime, 2 TiVo Mini's, TiVo Stream, HD Homerun Extend, WDTV Live, Roku 3, FireTV
Winegard HD7697 Roof Antenna, RCA Preamp, ACTIONTEC Coax Network Adapter (ECB3500T01)
PC: AMD FX8350, 16GB, LG 16x BD-RW, 1000w PSU, EVGA GTX-980 ACX 2.0, GTX-750Ti, (2) 27" Secondary Monitors
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2015, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, good find...thanks!
post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I forgot to mention, its FREE.
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Thanks MB... will give it a shot too!

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming