Escient is now out of business - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2015, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Escient is now out of business

Escient's website and voicemail state bankruptcy and that all business operations have ceased.
I am trying to recover an old Fireball E-120 after an unsuccessful attempt to perform a factory reset.
It was working fine, but I wanted to wipe everything in preparation for sale.
I saw a message stating "factory backup in progress - do not power the unit off" and "this may take a while", etc. for a few hours.
Left it overnight. No change this morning. I power cycled it and now I've got a flashing blue LED and the unit never grabs an IP or fully boots as it did before.

I would imagine that the HDD is now corrupt and I need to reinstall the system. I've read numerous posts on here about the fabled "Golden CD".
Can someone please share what I would need to reinstall the OS on an E-120?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2015, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Didn't their parent company, the same one that owns Denon and Marantz, just discontinue the line years ago? I figured even if they sold the name they would have kept the tech.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #3 of 4 Old 07-22-2015, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
Didn't their parent company, the same one that owns Denon and Marantz, just discontinue the line years ago? I figured even if they sold the name they would have kept the tech.
Not sure about that but http://www.escient.com redirects to http://www.escient.com/message.html and shows the following:

Support Home

Digital Networks North America, Inc. filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy relief with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware on July 20, 2015 and has ceased all business operations. A chapter 7 trustee will be appointed by the Bankruptcy Court to oversee the administration and liquidation of the bankruptcy estate for Digital Networks North America, Inc. Creditors will receive a notice of the bankruptcy filing by mail.

© 2006-2015 Escient. All rights reserved.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

So... Anyone out there that can help?
As I mentioned, the unit was working, but hung during a factory reset and will no longer boot.
I believe it just needs to have the OS/System reinstalled.
Does anyone have an image of the system disc for an E-120?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming