Sonos Connect Newbie - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 09-11-2015, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sonos Connect Newbie

Hi everyone,
Ok i have just bought a Sonos Connect to rig up to my existing system so i can play CD's and stuff from my laptop onto the Play 3's i have in various rooms (for parties mainly). My main set up is a Technics SU-C800UM2 Pre Amp and SE-A900SM2 Power Amp, see image for the set up at the back.
Basically, i am unable to get any feed out of the Connect unless i use the Line Out on the front of the amp but i dont want this as i hate the cables (and i am getting lag on the Play3). The PreOut2 wont do either as increasing the volume on the amp will increase the Play3 but i dont want that. Is there a way i can have the Connect connected to the amp so anything i am playing whether its a tape, CD, or contact from my TV straight to the Sonos speakers as well. Is it maybe possible to put it on one of the Tape Line Outs and it will work? I have been into hifi's for about 18 years so setting up is fine but having to connect this digital input to run along side is a little beyond me at the moment.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old Today, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 39
If I understand what you are trying to do, then yes, connect the tape out (from pre) into the audio in on the Sonos.

If you also want to use the Sonos sound on the stereo, then connect the audio out from the Sonos (and set the sonos to output fixed out) and into one of the unused line in jacks on the preamp.

Sponsored Links
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming