What NAS are you using?... and Why? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

Old 05-19-2016, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 64
What NAS are you using?... and Why?

So I have a NAS box, and, as im sure that any of you digital enthusiasts know, its a helluva lot more convenient to fiddle with the remote, than it is to go rifle thru the BR collection rack to play a movie.
So, what kind of NAS are you running, why are you running it that way, why bother enabling "Apps" like Plex, or Twonky, to play movies on your own network. All I do is navigate to the Network menu of my BR player, click on my NAS, scroll to what I want to watch, and hit play. I dont have any of the apps enabled on mine other than FTP in case I want to grab some music on my phone when im not at home.

Also, what kind of HD's are you using,? Did you notice any performance differences between drive speeds? IE: WD Blacks, as compared to WD Reds? Any horror stories so we know what not go near? I have a Qnap TS-419P+ with four 2T Seagate green drives and only once did I have a problem with it when it lost its configuration due to a power outage. It took me a few days and a remote desktop session with support from Qnap but they got all my data back. I havent had a drive fail on me yet, and its been running for about 5 years now.

Id like to expand the capacity of mine and I kind of want a rackmount unit. Id like all my tech stuff to be in the rack room to get rid of the eyesore of routers and switches perched on desks. But I am worried the rackmount units will be loud. I remember the NAS where I used to work was quite loud with fans and 2 power supplies, which is not a good thing to have buzzing 8 feet away when youre trying to watch a movie.

Any opinions anyone would care to share would be much appreciated.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I am using a Synology 1812+. I have 8 4TB WD red drives. My networking skills are not so great. Since I use a Dune Media player I don't have to worry about apps. I can expand the 8 drive to 18 if I buy the expansion attachments. Didnt want to fiddle around with learning/installing/ building a NAS myself. Sometime this year i will probably get the 1816+ when/if it gets released. For me it was more a question of ease then anything else.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Using a Netgear RN214 as my media NAS. Very fast (almost as fast as an internal drive on my pc) and runs the Plex server really well. Much faster then my Windows Core 2 Duo Promise hardware based RAID I have been using. Plex themselves recommends The Netgear RN214 for performance and they believe it's the best value out there.

I wrote a review on my experience using the RN214. Here is the link to it.

Plex recommended Netgear ReadyNAS RN212/214 Review

Bob Silver
Netgear Networking Advisor
Old 05-19-2016, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 659
I have been using Thecus RAID units for a while now. I have four of them up and running. 3 with 2TB drives and 1 with 4TB drives. Total storage capacity of just over 30TB. I mostly bought them just because they hit a price point when I was looking. I had bought something else, I don't even remember what. I think it may have been Synology, but I wouldn't want to say for sure right now since it has been so long. Anyway, the original unit I purchased (non-Thecus) didn't work properly at all. So, I picked up the Thecus and read through their instructions and basically everything came right online like it was supposed to. No hiccups, no issues, no headaches beyond my own learning curve.

Since then, I've added more units. I had one issue with Western Digital drives failing and I completely blew it after one drive failed, I did not put in a replacement right away, and I lost a second drive. Losing all data!!! OUCH!

I replaced those two failed drives and then setup email alerts through the Thecus which I should have done to begin with. The replacement drives and the original WD drives are still in place and working right now. I set the unit to go into power save when not needed which seems to have helped with the wear and tear on the drives in the unit, but the RAID itself has never had any issues at all.

Wait, I had one fan fail, which I purchased a new fan for and installed and it works great.

I am likely going to get a 8 bay Thecus unit if I can and put in 4TB drives.

My other drives were HGST or Samsung I believe. I now keep a spare 2TB and 4TB drive at my home at all times.

Feeding to 2 Dune units which seem to be working just fine year after year after year. A hiccup here and there with the Dunes, but no issues with my RAID units.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I have a slightly older QNAP TS-569 with 3gb drives and more recently bought a Synology 1815+ with 5gb drives. The Synology is just an easier interface to learn and that is worth something to me as I don't like to spend a lot of time with IT like duties.
Slingblayde likes this.

JoshK on most other audio forums
Quantity only when quality is ensured.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 708
I'm running a WD EX4100 NAS. It was a good trade off of speed and price for how I use it. Mine is totally for file storage and I stream from the box over to my WD TV Live boxes. I don't run plex etc. because I have a 3rd party software that runs on the WD Lives that kind of mimic's Kodi, and I run that because I like the pretty pictures rather than just a list. LOL I also don't transcode so that was trade off in speed.
As for HD's, I run only WD Red's. I've been using 6TB's and they've been solid. No complaints.

WDTV Live SMP with WD EX4100 NAS
Polk RTI8 Front, Polk CSI5 Center, Polk RTI4 Surround
MTX SW2 12” SUB, Sharp AQUOS LC-70C6400U
URC-WR7 Universal Remote
Motorola QIP7232 (P2) FIOS DVR, Sony BDP-S590 Blu Ray Player
Panasonic SA-HE100 AVR,Technics SL-B20 Turntable
Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 716 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I am using a QNAP TS453 Pro with four WD Red 4TB HDD in a RAID 5 config. RAID 5 is a lot faster than a single drive as multiple drives are reading at once. The processor in the NAS is critical when streaming video. I had a WD MyCloud drive with an Atom processor. Some videos would stutter because the processor could not stream the video efficiently. With the QNAP and it's Celeron processor, all my streaming issues went away. I do not use Twonky or Plex. I just use the basic DLNA client to stream my videos.

You should not use desktop drives in a NAS. That is a big no-no. The problem is that NAS drives will respond to the NAS at around 7 seconds when an error comes up. The NAS will report if the error is valid in the 7 second time frame. A Desktop drive does not respond until about 20 seconds, which means the NAS will report the drive is bad even if the drive is good since it did not respond within the NAS 7 second time frame.

Note that some NAS (such as my unit) allows you to adjust the error correcting time frame. Still, desktop drives are supposedly less reliable than NAS drives, that's my NAS drives usually have a longer warranty. NAS drives are able to spin down when not in use and spin up when needed. I had several WD Black drives. After two years of use, some are starting to fail, giving me errors. Whatever you do, do NOT use Seagate 3TB HDD. According to what i read, they have a really high failure rate.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
Old 05-20-2016, 03:32 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 811
Synology DS1813+ here, with two DX513 expansion boxes, running a total of 18 WD RED 4TB drives. It wasn't cheap, but you pay for Synology's build quality and OS. In over two years I've had one drive fail, but as you can imagine, the rebuild took a while. Not to mention the RAID expansions, first from 32TB to 52TB, and another from 52TB to 72TB. The only mistake I made was to initially set it all up as a RAID 5 instead of a RAID 6. Can't do it now without starting over.
Slingblayde likes this.

Henry
Vizio M70-C3, Sharp LC-70LE857U
Onkyo HT-RC360
Synology DS1813+ & DX513 x2
X-Rite i1Display Pro, ArgyllCMS, DisplayCAL, madVR, HCFR
HTPC running Kodi with MPC-HC + madVR, Plex for remote streaming
Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 3184
Readynas 104 here, I didn't need a fully fledged NAS at the moment, so I thought this was a decent entry point. Currently have 4x4TB drives in a RAId 5 config. This serves me well for me needs currently.

Sent from nowhere
Old 05-21-2016, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have an older Synology DS2413+ that I use as primary storage for my movies, I also have an older DS413j that is used for other duties as well as an older 4 bay Qnap model. I have switched to using UnRaid for a lot of things and have three servers running it. Once upon a time I swore by name brand NAS's and I still like them, but the flexibility of what UnRaid offers, to me, outweighs using name brand NAS's for my purposes.

BenQ W1080ST
125" Elite Screen
Denon AVR S710W
Paradigm Home Speaker set 5.1 Cinema 100
Harmony 650
Asus Chromebox
Old 05-21-2016, 10:01 AM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Readynas 104 here, I didn't need a fully fledged NAS at the moment, so I thought this was a decent entry point. Currently have 4x4TB drives in a RAId 5 config. This serves me well for me needs currently.
Ph8te! Didn't know you had a NAS. You should put your stuff in a sig
Ph8te likes this.

Henry
Onkyo HT-RC360
Old 05-22-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 3184
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
Ph8te! Didn't know you had a NAS. You should put your stuff in a sig

Heh, I don't see sigs with the app I use, so I haven't "used" one in a long long time. I had a JBOD Mediasonic for a long time as well. Was going to go the homemade NAS route, but decided my time and money we're better spent with a Simpler solution (at least for now).
VBB likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I used to build my own RAID / NAS Boxes but decided to give Synology a try several years ago and I haven't been disappointing one bit. I've installed dozens of them in small businesses and friends have also jumped on the bandwagon. I personally have a Synology DS214 at work, a DS3615xs as my primary Home NAS with with an Intel 10G Card and a dedicated DS716 for my security system.

Yes there are cheaper / easier solutions and there isn't anything whatsoever wrong with building your own machine if that is what you want to do.

As for NAS Drives I've been using mostly Seagate for as long as I can remember (since 120GB Drives) back then we always used Desktop Drives and didn't have any issues with them. Now I have a mixture of Seagate 4TB NAS Drives and 6TB WD Red Drives. I am not really sure if the NAS designation really means anything more than costing more but I've had really good luck with them so I can't really complain.
Slingblayde likes this.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I started out with a Readynas NV+, and that served well for many years. As my USB backup drives got full and a pain to manage, I decided to use a hand-me-down HP EX-475 mediasmart NAS as a backup unit. It was running Windows Home Server, but I put Amahi on it instead. For about a year, i had the NV+ wake the Mediasmart up each Saturday and perform a backup and the Msmart would shutoff. Last year, I decided to get something newer with more storage and faster file transfers, so I bought an HP N54L and put EXPenology (synology) on it. It is now the primary and the others are backup units. The N54L backs up to the NV+ on Thursday and the NV+ backs up to the Mediasmart on Sat.

The NV+ has 4 2tb samsung drives, the MSmart has a mix of seagates and WD units and the N54L has 4 HGST 3tb NAS drives. They all ride on UPSes and are all away from the TV room to keep it quiet. They communicate over CAT6 and gigabit.

I have 2 old netgear NeoTV550s that pull from the NASes and push to the TV. They handle BD streaming without issue (no 3d).
Old 05-25-2016, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks for the info guys! I was on night shift last week and didnt do much AVS browsing so I'm 3 days late in replying. you all have some good ideas, and I am really leaning towards buying a new NAS, mine is older, slow and kind of limited by RAM and CPU.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Old 05-26-2016, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I'm using an old QNAP TS-420. I wanted something reliable with 4 disks. It can't run Plex well (since the update a few months back), but it works fine with Plex on my PC pulling the files from the NAS.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
self built nas -

specs -

asrock E3C224D2I mitx mother board
16 gb ecc ram (crucial i believe)
pentium g3450 i think
fractal deisgn - node 304
6 x 4tb WD Green drives with hd idel time extended via wdidle
freenas
$1100 total I beleive
Old 05-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
DIY with unRAID. If you want to be able to do serious transcoding there are very few commercial NAS units that can do the job.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One Synology 1815+ (36TB) main NAS, and one Synology 1813+ (36TB) for backup.

Ease of use.

Deck

STOP THE LOUDNESS WAR
REMOVE THE SILLY REGION LOCK ON DVD AND BLURAY
DON'T BUY CINAVIA INFECTED PRODUCTS
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET
Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 583
I just bought a QNAP TS-453A. I put in 4 x 4TB WD Red Drives. Depending on where I end up with adding my current movie collection, I will probably going the DIY route.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I went with an Asustor AS302t. After a lot of research I found that all the tech blogger sites gave the Asustor NASes equal (or sometimes higher) ratings than the comparable Synology or QNAP products and they were priced less and came in a really attractive package. Plus I've used Asus motherboards for years and it's nice sticking with the same product family. The 302t has been nothing but great to me and serves media to the whole family who use many different devices at the same time. It has two 3TB WD Red drives in it that are extremely fast and built like a tank. I keep my fan control on medium and it keeps the disks at a breezy 27 degrees C all day even under hard load. I'm not worried about failure anytime soon.

I had never purchased a NAS before and thought the two disk model would be good enough, and it has been for the most part, but now I find myself wanting a four disk. Ah well - When this one hits EOL I can upgrade. Maybe go 8 just to be excessive?
Xzyl likes this.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 221
I use the Lenovo ix4-300D.

I have 4 of them only 3 have HD's currently.

The 3 that are populated all have the same model 4TB Seagate NAS drive, I'm also planning to put 4 of those on the last one.

So I have 4x4TBx3 currently.

Why do I have this NAS? ... First off, someone recommended it. Second, I got the first 2 very cheap ($149 each) when Tiger Direct was clearance-ing them. Third I got the last 2 even cheaper for about $50 each and they were new in the box never been opened.

It's a simple NAS and it doesn't run plex natively. And ,... I don't care about that. I have a PC connected to those NAS units on a single 16 port GigaBit switch and that PC runs Plex and also Jriver for my use. (The plex is for screens around the house ... like a plasma upstairs and iPad and various stuff.... The JRiver is for my own HT with projector, 7.1, 110' screen ect.)

Once I had good experience with this NAS I decided I would get them all the same if possible and use the same drive throughout the storage pool so that I would only need a single spare on hand most of the time.

I think this particular model is getting very rare so I may bump over to a Seagate NAS if I have too with the next one.

-BRian
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Of late I have used various ReadyNAS and QNAP units. I also recently built a Ubuntu PC focused on serving media. My storage/server needs are minimal. For serving media "anything" is powerful enough and the only internal app I need is MySQL Server (for Kodi).

Best Bang for the Buck was the ReadyNAS RN204 for $179. With four bays and it comes close to flooding my Gigabit network. Super easy to configure and WoL works nicely. I could easily justify it as a dedicated device simply for storage. Going up in performance and price such as the QNAP TS-451+ offers all kinds of opportunities. With a J1900 processor, HDMI and its virtual machine support one could go crazy. Although living through one of QNAP's similar models I found it to be fool's gold. The gotcha's always ruined the fun such as using DVBLink (for DVRing) would bring it to its knees if you attempted to run anything else (at the same time).

Ended up I could build an i5 PC with a server case and whatnot for roughly the same price. Installing Ubuntu and using ZFS (zpool) I had even more NAS like features than your typical NAS such as RAID options. Also it could more than flood my network and even support CPU intensive features should I ever go there. I was really impressive with Ubuntu and loved the remote SSH access.

In fact I was so impressed with the build I thought it was way overkill as it sat in the closet most of the day waiting to be put to use. I thought heck why don't I use it as my desktop. I could for 95% of what I do... outside of a couple of Windows based apps that perhaps I could handle via Virtual PC or such.

Then Storage Spaces popped into my mind as I have never really given the Windows feature any thought. The more I read about it the more I thought why not simply install Windows 10 and use Storage Spaces as my "NAS" I like that it's not hardware or software dependent (outside of NTFS or ReFS support) and you can install the drives into any Windows installation and they are good to go. RAID wise it offers quite a number of features and performance is on par with the other guys. Since I keep an external backup I decided to go with parity (versus mirror) to have the additional storage space. Parity is slower especially the initial load but more than fast enough for my serving needs.

I do like having an island such as your data is (arguably) less prone to user error. I just felt the island was too nice to not visit on a regular basis so why not use it everyday. One concern I had was the constant spinning (wear) the data drives would see (I use a SSD for the OS) from using it as a desktop. However I have verified they are powered down after x minutes of non-activity. And the build is virtually silent. The power supply doesn't even spin up (until you hit 400 watts).

I can see a case for all three options. In my case upgrading my desktop and using Storage Spaces was the easy winner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	48
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1484105  

| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 (on order) & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo
Old 06-08-2016, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm in the progress of building a new NAS. bought all the base hardware (minus drives) for $370ish. Going with FreeNAS OS. Starting out with 3 drives in RaidZ1 and then adding 3 more drives in a new RaidZ1.
I can't justify the purchase of 6 x 8T WD Red drives all at once.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mrTQzM
Old 07-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thinking about a Synology DS1815+ 8-bay.
How much will I lose in the redundancy?
I'd like to have at least 16TB available storage.... am I going to need double that? 4 8TB drives?

And can I mix sizes? I have a 4 and 6 red in my current HTPC that I could put in this as well.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Qnap TVS-671-i7-16G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 setup powered by Yamaha RX-A3050 and Emotiva XPA-3; Fronts: 2 x Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL, satin espresso; Center: 1 x Ascend Acoustics Sierra Horizon with RAAL, satin espresso; Surrounds: 4 x Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2s with RAAL, satin espresso, on 27" Skylan stands; Subs: 2 x Rythmik Audio FV15HP, piano black; Ceiling: 4 x Tannoy AMS 6DC, black; TV: LG OLED65E6P; Players: OPPO-103D and UBD-K8500
Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post
So, what kind of NAS are you running, why are you running it that way, why bother enabling "Apps" like Plex, or Twonky, to play movies on your own network. .
I think people use plex and the like to avoid cinavia.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhutt View Post
I'd like to have at least 16TB available storage.... am I going to need double that? 4 8TB drives?

And can I mix sizes? I have a 4 and 6 red in my current HTPC that I could put in this as well.
If you want 16TB* usable and have it redundant (RAID 1) then yes you'd need 32TB of total disk space

*Note that you won't get 16TB, but something less since no drive is actually the full size it's specified at.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I was using external hdd's few years ago. Because space was important to me all drives were 3.5 ones. So a lot of cables adapters v.s. Then i decides go for nas. Main purpose was all data accessible via network so all my devices can access them without usb.

At first my idea was turn a old pc to nas. I made few experiments and it worked well. But after 8 months i needed more storage. Well this was in 2011 and 2TB drives were cheap. Then hdd prices go up so quickly and i had to postpone my plans.

One year later i buy 6TB WD live duo. It covered all my needs and it was came with two 3TB WD Red drives and cheaper than my solution. It worked great with my devices. So after a while i bought 3 of them more. I use them only as storage and don't run any apps because i don't need them. My Dune Base 3D can access them over network and plays without a problem. I also have htpc with a bluray drive so i can backup my media on nas and always using that way.

Right now i have many blurays and last year i also buy an used Dark Quad Raidbox with four 5TB drives. This box is not a nas. This box can be used with usb. But wd live duo has usb input. So any storage can be added those devices. So i connected my new 20TB box to one of wd live duo and turn the 20TB device to nas. Then i sold one of my wd nas.

Now i have three 6TB WD Live Duo (18TB uses WD Red) + 20TB (uses WD Red) and 16TB (WD Green) in my gaming pc total 54TB storage. None have any issues so far.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:28 PM
VBB
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhutt View Post

The DS1815+ is a great choice. If you can afford it, start out with all new, same-size drives (Reds are always good). 4TB is still the sweet spot. If you're at all worried about redundancy, I highly recommend you go with a RAID 6 setup. Synology's version of that is called SHR2 (Synology Hybrid RAID), and it let's you use different size drives to their full capacity. The only requirement is that you have at least two of the same size. For example, you can put six 4TB and two 6TB drives in your 8-bay NAS. The RAID 6/SHR2 will automatically use two drives for redundancy, meaning you lose their capacity. You end up with five 4TB and one 6TB for actual storage. Let's say you want to replace a 4TB with another 6TB down the road. You can do that, but you will only get 4TB out of that new 6TB drive. You would have to replace another 4TB drive with a 6TB drive (or larger) to make use of the full capacity of both 6TB drives.

All this will sound complicated and confusing to someone who has never dealt with RAID arrays before, but it is definitely worth understanding the basic concepts of the different RAID levels and planning accordingly before buying. Especially when it comes to something as expensive as an 8-bay + drives. Good luck!

Henry
Onkyo HT-RC360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement