Who still produces players compaitble with Windows? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2016, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Who still produces players compaitble with Windows?

I have a home network with audio and video content streamed from my Windows 7 PC. At various display devices I have stand alone boxes (Boxee Box, WD Player) that access the content on my network and display it on my TV's.
Ive been out of the loop for a while but as my devices are failing I find that there arent even replacements available. Both Boxee Box and WD no longer make players. I settled with two brands because they were the only ones I could get to play nice with my W7 network.

What to do now and where to turn? I suppose Popcorn Hour?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks911 View Post
I have a home network with audio and video content streamed from my Windows 7 PC. At various display devices I have stand alone boxes (Boxee Box, WD Player) that access the content on my network and display it on my TV's.
Ive been out of the loop for a while but as my devices are failing I find that there arent even replacements available. Both Boxee Box and WD no longer make players. I settled with two brands because they were the only ones I could get to play nice with my W7 network.

Kodi Chromeboxes work with Window shares.

Sent from my HTC 10
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2016, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks911 View Post

Unless I am missing something here you should be able to go as low as a Google Chrome, Roku then you can go with an Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield. From there you can also go PCH, Mede8er and of course Dune. All of which are Network Media Players in one form or another.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page