AVS Forum banner

Launcher4Kodi crashing my PC on exit to Windows shell

653 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Brajesh 
#1 · (Edited)
I noticed that when I exit Kodi to the Windows shell with Launcher4Kodi installed, my PC will crash with a blank screen and the only thing I can do is power it down. This seems to happen only after playing videos in Kodi with Launcher4Kodi installed. If I don't play any videos in Kodi then I can exit to the Windows shell without issues. If I want to go to the Windows shell without crashing with a blank screen after I watched a video in a Kodi session then I must restart my PC and once Kodi is loaded up, go to the shutdown menu in Kodi and click on exit as a workaround but this is unacceptable workaround. I'm using Kodi version 16.1 in Windows 10 Home. I'm using an i3 Skylake NUC as the PC. This does not happen if I don't have Launcher4Kodi installed or if I don't used the Launcher4Kodi shell when running Kodi. The reason I have Launcher4Kodi installed is to try to eliminate interruptions from some Windows background activities while running Kodi.

#2 ·
It happened again. I found out that I did not have to manually power off my NUC and that I can just press Win+Alt+Enter to get back to Kodi when that stuck blank screen occurs upon exiting Kodi to Windows shell so that means my NUC did not actually crash. I tested to see if I can replicate this stuck blank screen issue on my main PC with Launcher4Kodi and it did not happen on my main PC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.