Official ROKU 4K (HDR) Premiere +/Ultra Owners Thread - Page 191 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1513Likes

post #5701 of 6833 Old 07-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
Do you have the Netflix 4K package?
Yes I do. I can see UltraHD badge for Daredevil but not HDR. I know it's in HDR since I can watch Netflix app on my JS8500 TV in Netflix hdr. What the heck am I missing? YouTube works in hdr and I was happy but Netflix isn't working. I already reinstalled the app restarted the box no hdr.

Never mind. Ugh! I forgot to turn on UHD Color for hdmi. Weird that Netflix hdr doesn't work without it but amazon and yt were fine.

Last edited by dojoman; 07-20-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 6833 Old 07-20-2017, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
Yamaha has a hidden, advanced menu that can only be accessed at power up. You need to enter this menu and change Mode 2 to Mode 1. Then you'll get 4K HDR at 60Hz.
You sir, are a god.
gwsat and atc98092 like this.
post #5703 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Liked: 1279
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I was still getting the HDCP error sporadically during the show even while watching 1080p material on FandangoNow so I finally got the key combination to work to change the setting from 4.2.2 to 4.2.0. I'm going to see for a few days to see if this helps?
Today I also connected the Roku Ultra directly to the display instead of having the Denon AVR between the two. It seems that the people that are not having the HDCP error issues are those that connect directly to the display rather than via an AVR. I'll see how this works for a while. My Denon is a 2015 model and that may be too old for this Roku?

lujan
234 Ultra HD
780 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD

post #5704 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Today I also connected the Roku Ultra directly to the display instead of having the Denon AVR between the two. It seems that the people that are not having the HDCP error issues are those that connect directly to the display rather than via an AVR. I'll see how this works for a while. My Denon is a 2015 model and that may be too old for this Roku?
I have a 2015 Denon too (X1200) and I switched to 4.2.0 several months back and have had very minor issues. I occasionally get the HDCP error screen but its a quick flash then its back and working fine. When watching HDR content I get zero black outs.
post #5705 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
Yes I do. I can see UltraHD badge for Daredevil but not HDR. I know it's in HDR since I can watch Netflix app on my JS8500 TV in Netflix hdr. What the heck am I missing? YouTube works in hdr and I was happy but Netflix isn't working. I already reinstalled the app restarted the box no hdr.

Never mind. Ugh! I forgot to turn on UHD Color for hdmi. Weird that Netflix hdr doesn't work without it but amazon and yt were fine.
Without UHD Color, your TV only supports 4K 30 Hz HDR, which is what YouTube and Amazon supports. Netflix requires the 60 Hz setting that is enabled by the UHD Color setting. Don't know why both Samsung and Yamaha ships their 4K HDR supporting devices without the proper default settings to allow full 4K HDR content.
Rudy1 and gwsat like this.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V679, Windows 10 home media server with Serviio and Plex, 18TB of movies/TV shows. Other players and TVs as well.
post #5706 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Without UHD Color, your TV only supports 4K 30 Hz HDR, which is what YouTube and Amazon supports. Netflix requires the 60 Hz setting that is enabled by the UHD Color setting. Don't know why both Samsung and Yamaha ships their 4K HDR supporting devices without the proper default settings to allow full 4K HDR content.
That's what I figured. I gave up on Roku box a few months ago but my Amazon app on my TV keeps crashing and now back to using Roku. Looks like they did sort out some bugs from the past but now my monoprice switch is acting up with Roku box.
post #5707 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
That's what I figured. I gave up on Roku box a few months ago but my Amazon app on my TV keeps crashing and now back to using Roku. Looks like they did sort out some bugs from the past but now my monoprice switch is acting up with Roku box.
I took two runs at Roku too before finally deciding to stick with a Premiere+. I bought an Ultra but was disappointed to discover that it was not giving me HDR from the Netflix programs I knew had HDR. Of course, that was because the default HDMI setting of my Yamaha 3060 receiver didn't pass HDR at 60Hz, which is what Netflix's version of HDR requires but I didn't know it. This happened because a clueless Netflix phone tech told me (incorrectly) that I didn't have the bandwidth to support HDR. I have 100Gb download speeds from my high speed Internet provider but made the mistake of listening to the Netflix tech anyway. I foolishly returned the Ultra before learning that I had to go into my 3060's setup menu and change the HDMI setting from Mode 1 to Mode 2.

I had liked the Ultra so well in other ways, I decided to take a second chance with Roku and bought a Premiere+. This time I posed my problem with Netflix's HDR via the Roku in the Yamaha X060 thread here and almost immediately found out what I had to do. Problem solved. It's a jungle out there!

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #5708 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I took two runs at Roku too before finally deciding to stick with a Premiere+. I bought an Ultra but was disappointed to discover that it was not giving me HDR from the Netflix programs I knew had HDR. Of course, that was because the default HDMI setting of my Yamaha 3060 receiver didn't pass HDR at 60Hz, which is what Netflix's version of HDR requires but I didn't know it. This happened because a clueless Netflix phone tech told me (incorrectly) that I didn't have the bandwidth to support HDR. I have 100Gb download speeds from my high speed Internet provider but made the mistake of listening to the Netflix tech anyway. I foolishly returned the Ultra before learning that I had to go into my 3060's setup menu and change the HDMI setting from Mode 1 to Mode 2.

I had liked the Ultra so well in other ways, I decided to take a second chance with Roku and bought a Premiere+. This time I posed my problem with Netflix's HDR via the Roku in the Yamaha X060 thread here and almost immediately found out what I had to do. Problem solved. It's a jungle out there!
Other way around Kemo Sabe. Change from Mode 2 to Mode 1.

Dan
Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Yamaha RX-V679, Windows 10 home media server with Serviio and Plex, 18TB of movies/TV shows. Other players and TVs as well.
post #5709 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 98
At this point in time I'm still having little problems with ROKU as whole. Today, the Premiere+ had no audio on a movie I streamed with Plex. The broken channel I've reported to both ROKU, and the developers still isn't resolved. The ROKU streaming stick seems stable other then the broken channel. The Apple TV is solid and adds the content that's currently broken on ROKU. The Sony Blu-ray player is stable and offers VUDU and amazon video, so the Apple TV plus BDP is a solid solution together. It's just a pain I still don't have one solid streamer, and still have to switch devices. It' s not a big deal to switch for physical media vs streaming, but to switch streaming devices because one never seems to stay stable is unacceptable to have to deal with on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal, just wish someone would fix all the little glitches
post #5710 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I understand your frustrations, and sometimes a Roku update will break a channel. But they haven't released new firmware (other than the 7.7 release) recently, so unless it was the 7.7 firmware the problem is with the channel provider. Some of them just don't seem to care if their channel works or not, and I don't think Roku can do anything about it other than removing them from the store.

I too wish for a single device that does everything. The Shield is tempting, and if they had a lower cost version that did away with the gaming I'd be all over it. Simply supporting MPEG-2 video would be huge for my video collection.

Dan
post #5711 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
At this point in time I'm still having little problems... It's just a pain I still don't have one solid streamer, and still have to switch devices. It' s not a big deal to switch for physical media vs streaming, but to switch streaming devices because one never seems to stay stable is unacceptable to have to deal with on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal, just wish someone would fix all the little glitches
At least you have multiple devices to work around glitches as they arise and will continue as software changes. When Roku Ultra had red flash issues with 4K NetFlix I would switch to my Amazon FireTV for 4K. Now FireTV got new software and broke their NetFlix 4K. It is a neverending saga so back to Roku Ultra with 4K red flashes for now.
post #5712 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I understand your frustrations, and sometimes a Roku update will break a channel. But they haven't released new firmware (other than the 7.7 release) recently, so unless it was the 7.7 firmware the problem is with the channel provider. Some of them just don't seem to care if their channel works or not, and I don't think Roku can do anything about it other than removing them from the store.

I too wish for a single device that does everything. The Shield is tempting, and if they had a lower cost version that did away with the gaming I'd be all over it. Simply supporting MPEG-2 video would be huge for my video collection.
That was my point, It is the ROKU firmware that broke the channel, or seems to be. SonLife Broadcasting had just released a new version of SBN Now on June 13th, and it was working. Then The ROKU update came, and now clicking OK on a feed causes the ROKU to crash and reboot. They have an iOS, and TVOS channel and that works fine, they also support Android, but not Android TV, so when I emailed them with the problem I asked if they could add Android TV to their Android support so I didn't have to deal with ROKU anymore, and just install their content directly on the TV.
post #5713 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 11:59 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 6414 Post(s)
Liked: 3963
Quote:
Now my ROku Ultra is connected through a Sewell 18Gbps switch before going to a 2016 model Onkyo receiver and then going to the Sony display. It's been a week now and I'm still not seeing any issues. So far it's been as solid as when I was connected directly to my Sony SOny TV. Only now I can get DD+/Atmos with it going through the receiver first.
naustin likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #5714 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Now my ROku Ultra is connected through a Sewell 18Gbps switch before going to a 2016 model Onkyo receiver and then going to the Sony display. It's been a week now and I'm still not seeing any issues. So far it's been as solid as when I was connected directly to my Sony SOny TV. Only now I can get DD+/Atmos with it going through the receiver first.
I'm expecting it to work better now that it's connected to the Vizio and the Vizio has the capability of doing DD+/Atmos so I'm not missing anything in either video or audio doing it this way.
aaronwt likes this.

lujan
234 Ultra HD
780 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #5715 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That was my point, It is the ROKU firmware that broke the channel, or seems to be. SonLife Broadcasting had just released a new version of SBN Now on June 13th, and it was working. Then The ROKU update came, and now clicking OK on a feed causes the ROKU to crash and reboot. They have an iOS, and TVOS channel and that works fine, they also support Android, but not Android TV, so when I emailed them with the problem I asked if they could add Android TV to their Android support so I didn't have to deal with ROKU anymore, and just install their content directly on the TV.
Yeah, I wasn't sure where you were in the firmware deployment. With the number of Roku channels available, I can understand they can't test them all on new firmware. But you'd think they'd at least test Netflix, Amazon, and a few of the other biggies. Glad you still have access through some other device, even if it's not the preferred one for you.

Dan
post #5716 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
At least you have multiple devices to work around glitches as they arise and will continue as software changes. When Roku Ultra had red flash issues with 4K NetFlix I would switch to my Amazon FireTV for 4K. Now FireTV got new software and broke their NetFlix 4K. It is a neverending saga so back to Roku Ultra with 4K red flashes for now.
You're right, I do have multiple devices. And for some things, at least for now it can't be helped when it comes to content, especially apple / iTunes which is only available on the Apple TV, and nothing else which I'm ok, and of course physical media vs streaming, that's also a given. I also have a google Chromecast Ultra on the 4k HDR Sony TV, which can do anything ROKU can do as long as there is a cast app, or a site I can mirror in chrome with full screen video. I had originally planned on switching platforms anyway as the ROKU has started feeling dated to me. I just haven't found the right device for the full replacement yet, so the state of being in technology limbo is frustrating to the point where getting rid of everything seems like the best idea at times.
post #5717 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure where you were in the firmware deployment. With the number of Roku channels available, I can understand they can't test them all on new firmware. But you'd think they'd at least test Netflix, Amazon, and a few of the other biggies. Glad you still have access through some other device, even if it's not the preferred one for you.
It's not so much that I have to have ROKU, in my above post, I mentioned my goal was to switch to a newer, more modern interface that is maintained better by content providers. It's just the limbo of finding the right device, that is the biggest frustration.

@atc98092 : I know you beta test for ROKU would you be able to install the SBN Now channel on a test unit and be able to give me enough info I could pass onto SonLife Broadcasting, or if it's ROKU's side strictly report it to ROKU with information I may not have access to? As stated, I haven't heard back from either party, when I reported the issue myself when contacting SBN via email, and posting on ROKU's forums directly. Since I have their content working on Apple TV, and my iPad, it's not something I'm going to make a big fit over, but I'm going to guess most of their streaming is either mobile or ROKU users, maybe Apple TV as well. It is something that should be fixed though.
post #5718 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's not so much that I have to have ROKU, in my above post, I mentioned my goal was to switch to a newer, more modern interface that is maintained better by content providers. It's just the limbo of finding the right device, that is the biggest frustration.

@atc98092 : I know you beta test for ROKU would you be able to install the SBN Now channel on a test unit and be able to give me enough info I could pass onto SonLife Broadcasting, or if it's ROKU's side strictly report it to ROKU with information I may not have access to? As stated, I haven't heard back from either party, when I reported the issue myself when contacting SBN via email, and posting on ROKU's forums directly. Since I have their content working on Apple TV, and my iPad, it's not something I'm going to make a big fit over, but I'm going to guess most of their streaming is either mobile or ROKU users, maybe Apple TV as well. It is something that should be fixed though.
I do beta, but at the moment all my boxes are running the public version. They haven't started the next beta deployment yet. I believe they're getting close, but nothing firm about when.

Dan
post #5719 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I do beta, but at the moment all my boxes are running the public version. They haven't started the next beta deployment yet. I believe they're getting close, but nothing firm about when.
OK, will continue trying with the resources I have available to me. It will be fixed soon enough.
post #5720 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 3998
Quote:
Other way around Kemo Sabe. Change from Mode 2 to Mode 1.
As you can tell, the episode of first not getting HDR from Netflix and the mess of getting into the setup menu on my 3060 to change the HDMI setting was so traumatic, I repressed the details.
atc98092 likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #5721 of 6833 Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

A new firmware dropped tonight version 7.7.0 build (4108) It doesn't completely fix the issues I've been having with the SBN Now channel, but it does stop the crash and restart Now, I simply can't select a feed, but I can exit the channel to the home screen without a crash. Tried removing and restarting then reinstalling the channel, but looks to still have broken code somewhere.

To explain what's supposed to happen is:

1. After starting the channel, you're presented with three feeds.
The domestic, global and international feeds.
Clicking OK is supposed to bring up the next screen to select language for audio (either English, or Spanish) the clicking OK on the desired language then starts the stream..

What's been happening as of firmware 7.7 is it registered the clicks, but won't proceed to the language selection and before the sw update tonight would result in a restart of the ROKU. Now, it just makes the selection sound and doesn't proceed, but pressing back or home now returns home without crashing.

The Apple TV, and iOS versions of SBN Now, are actually more fully featured then (even the current version for ROKU) because they also include the Sonlife Radio option, which is audio only, as well as the video feeds. ROKU still only contains video.

Last edited by MacinMan; 07-21-2017 at 05:49 PM.
post #5722 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
A new firmware dropped tonight version 7.7.0 build (4108) It doesn't completely fix the issues I've been having with the SBN Now channel, but it does stop the crash and restart Now, I simply can't select a feed, but I can exit the channel to the home screen without a crash. Tried removing and restarting then reinstalling the channel, but looks to still have broken code somewhere.

To explain what's supposed to happen is:

1. After starting the channel, you're presented with three feeds.
The domestic, global and international feeds.
Clicking OK is supposed to bring up the next screen to select language for audio (either English, or Spanish) the clicking OK on the desired language then starts the stream..

What's been happening as of firmware 7.7 is it registered the clicks, but won't proceed to the language selection and before the sw update tonight would result in a restart of the ROKU. Now, it just makes the selection sound and doesn't proceed, but pressing back or home now returns home without crashing.

The Apple TV, and iOS versions of SBN Now, are actually more fully featured then (even the current version for ROKU) because they also include the Sonlife Radio option, which is audio only, as well as the video feeds. ROKU still only contains video.
Have you tried pulling the power cord for 30 seconds then letting it restart? This can sometimes help with odd behavior.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #5723 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Have you tried pulling the power cord for 30 seconds then letting it restart? This can sometimes help with odd behavior.
I have, since my main testing was done on a streaming stick, and it's connected to the TV's USB port, the ROKU turns off with the TV, so I waited for about a minute, and then over night. That didn't correct the problem. This seems to be specifically connected to software bugs as it has the same problem on two different ROKU models.

For myself personally, I've considered just switching to the Apple TV platform, and Sony Blu-ray for a solid work around for all my streaming services working + physical media. I'll still use the ROKU for the stuff that works though.

At the same time, I'm also comparing the ROKU, and Apple TV audio output quality. The ATV has the advantage where it outputs everything in PCM and can also output multi channel PCM in addition to simple Stereo PCM. With this said, my sound bar can receive and process the 5.1 PCM signal which I've been comparing to the ROKU to see if I notice any difference in quality.

Last edited by MacinMan; 07-22-2017 at 08:07 AM.
post #5724 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
I have, since my main testing was done on a streaming stick, and it's connected to the TV's USB port, the ROKU turns off with the TV, so I waited for about a minute, and then over night. That didn't correct the problem. This seems to be specifically connected to software bugs as it has the same problem on two different ROKU models.

For myself personally, I've considered just switching to the Apple TV platform, and Sony Blu-ray for a solid work around for all my streaming services working + physical media. I'll still use the ROKU for the stuff that works though.

At the same time, I'm also comparing the ROKU, and Apple TV audio output quality. The ATV has the advantage where it outputs everything in PCM and can also output multi channel PCM in addition to simple Stereo PCM. With this said, my sound bar can receive and process the 5.1 PCM signal which I've been comparing to the ROKU to see if I notice any difference in quality.
Since you have an updated firmware on your Stick I would try a hard reset putting the Roku back to factory specs. Then set up the channels again. It is a bother but the only way to be sure you've exhausted every option.

I own the Apple TV 3 and like the UI but I rarely use it any more since it lacks VUDU and Amazon Prime. My streaming boxes are routed through a Denon AVR for full 5.1 sound. Some time ago I did listening tests on Netflix comparing DD+ 5.1 (Roku) and Netflix 5.1 (ATV3) and could not tell a difference.
gwsat likes this.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #5725 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Since you have an updated firmware on your Stick I would try a hard reset putting the Roku back to factory specs. Then set up the channels again. It is a bother but the only way to be sure you've exhausted every option.

I own the Apple TV 3 and like the UI but I rarely use it any more since it lacks VUDU and Amazon Prime. My streaming boxes are routed through a Denon AVR for full 5.1 sound. Some time ago I did listening tests on Netflix comparing DD+ 5.1 (Roku) and Netflix 5.1 (ATV3) and could not tell a difference.
I will do a factory reset on the streaming stick just to make sure. Since the SBN now channel doesn't store any personal data on the ROKU, I thought removing the channel and reinstalling would be enough, but maybe not.

I have the Apple TV 4, which is supposed to be getting amazon and VUDU later this year. For now my Sony BDP has both apps in addition to the ROKU plus the added bonus of physical disc playback. I will report back when I've done the reset just to make sure.
post #5726 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Beginning to wonder if the problems are more on the specific app itself rather than Roku. I have a roku3 on a 1080p tv that was never a problem. Now I get the purple screen w/ Netflix set at 1080p and switch the roku3 to 720p, then back to 1080p to get it to work. This is connected direct to tv also.

JVK Samsung QN65Q7FAM, UBD-K8500, Denon AVR-X6200W 7.1.4 Klipsch G-28, G-16, G-12 & R-115SW
Samsung UN65HU7250 w/ sek3500, Roku Ultra, Yamaha RX-V681 5.1 Klipsch G-28, G16 & R112SW
post #5727 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Mr.G : Just finished a factory reset of the streaming stick, and getting everything set back up again. As I expected, it made no difference to the particular problem I've been having.
post #5728 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just a FYI: The CinemaNow service seems to be gone. The ROKU channel just hangs on launch at the logo, and going to the website yields a service called FOTV. I wasn't even able to get to my old account with everything I tried at the site. With all this said I have remove the CinemaNow channel from my Units as it no longer seems to be usable I haven't tried the Xbox one version though.
post #5729 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just a FYI: The CinemaNow service seems to be gone. The ROKU channel just hangs on launch at the logo, and going to the website yields a service called FOTV. I wasn't even able to get to my old account with everything I tried at the site. With all this said I have remove the CinemaNow channel from my Units as it no longer seems to be usable I haven't tried the Xbox one version though.
Yeah, very strange. I couldn't get to it via a browser either:

500 ERROR
We are sorry. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request at this time.

lujan
234 Ultra HD
780 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
post #5730 of 6833 Old 07-22-2017, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, very strange. I couldn't get to it via a browser either:

500 ERROR
We are sorry. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request at this time.
No errors here, just a different service loaded when going to www.cinemanow.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
hdr , roku ultra , settings , ultra hd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page