Zappiti 4K HDR (Mini, One, Duo) Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

post #451 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgolf View Post
I was going to buy the duo from MediaConcept, but they are out of stock.

Are there any other options for getting a USA model that anyone knows of?
MediaConceptUSA has the One and Duo in stock, they just don’t have the Mini. You might wanna check again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison View Post
MediaConceptUSA has the One and Duo in stock, they just don’t have the Mini. You might wanna check again.

I did earlier today.

When I attempt to pay, they show up as not in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #453 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Has anyone on this forum purchased from the online store and have it shipped to a US address?

No but I got one shipped to the U.K. They were slow but it was right at the release time in January.

7.2 Denon (X7200WA), Monitor Audio, Seismic 110, Oppo, XBOX, CCU, LG OLED (E6V)
5.1 Yamaha (RX-A1050), Focal Dome, LG OLED (EG920V)
Multiroom "Virgin V6, Zappiti, Harmony Elite"

post #454 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased the Zap 4K Mini HDR and have a couple of questions for those that already own one of the variants:

1. Whenever I lose my internet connection, Explorer does not work (displays "No internet") and the explorer stops there and does not proceed further to the file browsing menu and I cannot browse attached USB HDD's. Is this really the case, is an internet connection required for this to work? Seems a bit pointeless. I know you have to register the ZAP online to use these apps but I would have thought once that's done, the player does need an internet connection thereafter for verification and then to allow the app to work? I have to instead another app under the apps folder to peruse local storage manually.
2. Is there a maximum limit as to how many network shares the ZAP supports through network discovery? I have 7 hdd's attached through a hub to the ZAP, I can see 7 mounts through OpenWRT but only 5 are physically mounted so only 5 drives will ever show up on other media player network browsers, though I can see 7 drives mounted locally through ZAP explorer? All drives are NTFS and all mounts are exactly the same and forced so I don't know why only 5 are mounted.

Thanks
post #455 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I was going to buy the duo from MediaConcept, but they are out of stock.

Are there any other options for getting a USA model that anyone knows of?
I live in the USA and purchased from Sound Development Ltd., Richmond, BC, Canada V7A 4V4, last April. I ordered the Zappiti duo 4k HDR. They have warehouses in the USA. Contact phone 800-949-3344 or 604-274-7711, 8:30 to 17:00 Pacific time, Monday through Friday.

Ray
post #456 of 470 Old 10-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martig View Post
I live in the USA and purchased from Sound Development Ltd., Richmond, BC, Canada V7A 4V4, last April. I ordered the Zappiti duo 4k HDR. They have warehouses in the USA. Contact phone 800-949-3344 or 604-274-7711, 8:30 to 17:00 Pacific time, Monday through Friday.

Thanks I’ll check with them tomorrow!

post #457 of 470 Old 10-06-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martig View Post

Ordered it today and it should ship on Tuesday.

Thanks!

martig likes this.
post #458 of 470 Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Ordered it today and it should ship on Tuesday.

Thanks!

I found them to be very dependable and friendly.
akgolf likes this.

Ray
post #459 of 470 Old 10-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Anyone with the 4K HDR having any sound issues? I get pops in the speakers when I pause a movie. Does this with any hard drive I have attached. I've tried a few. The movie plays...but I get these pops when I pause. I tired changing RGB, or to 4:2:2...etc, but I get the same thing. Anyone else have any sound issues?
post #460 of 470 Old 10-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancjodanc View Post
Anyone with the 4K HDR having any sound issues? I get pops in the speakers when I pause a movie. Does this with any hard drive I have attached. I've tried a few. The movie plays...but I get these pops when I pause. I tired changing RGB, or to 4:2:2...etc, but I get the same thing. Anyone else have any sound issues?
Does this occur with any other device attached to the same HDMI port on your receiver? Only asking because I had the same issue on an old receiver I had and it ended up being a problem with the HDMI board. If it is specific to your ZAP, have tried replacing the HDMI cable, performing a factory reset on the ZAP in case there is a firmware issue. Check to make sure all your cables are seated correctly.

I have no problems with mine.

Cheers
post #461 of 470 Old 10-08-2017, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
I have a Popcorn Hour A500. I was using in the same port with the same HDMI, and no popping stopped. I switched back and forth several time with the two media players....always the same result. No popping with the Popcorn. But I did not try using a different input with the Zappiti one. I will try that. Will a factory reset lose all my info...as in the lastest firmware?
post #462 of 470 Old 10-09-2017, 03:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have tried several media players and noticed even using bitstream for audio output, they all sound little different..
Some have a sweeter brighter sound, some flat and dull.

I have at moment the himedia q10pro.
Audio seems ok, but going from memory with a zappiti 4k mini (non hdr model), it sounded sweeter (more lively).

Anyone compare these new hdr models to himedia q10pro for audio?

Also, will thrse player auto switch resolutions. So I can play a native 1080p at 1080, and 4k at 4k, without keeping all video files onky at selected output resolution.

Thanks
post #463 of 470 Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
I purchased the Zap 4K Mini HDR and have a couple of questions for those that already own one of the variants:
1. Whenever I lose my internet connection, Explorer does not work (displays "No internet") and the explorer stops there and does not proceed further to the file browsing menu and I cannot browse attached USB HDD's. Is this really the case, is an internet connection required for this to work?
Yes, it is (it does not make sense though, because Explorer does not use any online collection).

On the other hand, since last updates for Media Center and Explorer, I have interface freezings randomly and I have no sound every time I turn on the device and start a video (I have to go to Android settings and change some values to workaround this, ALWAYS). I don't know if my unit is faulty but I'm going to send it back to Amazon ASAP and I will go with a Dune HD Solo 4K Base instead.
post #464 of 470 Old 10-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post
Also, will thrse player auto switch resolutions. So I can play a native 1080p at 1080, and 4k at 4k, without keeping all video files onky at selected output resolution.

Thanks
You can only set fixed output resolutions but there is currently no auto setting or matching of input to output signal. So if you have it set to output in 3840x2160 to your 4k display and then switch to a 1080p display, the output resolution will automatically downgrade to 1080p. If you then switch back to the 4k display, your Zappiti will still output 1080p.

Instead, i would have liked an auto output setting that matches the input signal with the output and thus no more manual switching back and forth. The Oppo 203 for example have this.

Sony VPL-VW550 | DNP Supernova 08-85 116" 2.35:1 | Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440 | Pioneer SC-LX89 | AppleTV 4K | Zappiti One 4k HDR | PS4 | Audio Pro/Pioneer 5.1.4 Atmos | SVS SB-1000
post #465 of 470 Old 10-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a different thing I noticed with the Zappiti 4k HDR : when connected to my LG B6 OLED, when playing a HDR file, and stopping playback, the TV keeps thinking the input is a HDR signal and it only displays the HDR screen modes, I cannot select a 'normal' display mode.

Only after switching to a different input (eg HDMI2) and back to HDMI1, i can view the screen normally.

I guess that the Zappiti player should send a signal to the TV that it stopped sending a HDR layer, so the TV can switch back to normal mode.

Anyone else having this issue?
post #466 of 470 Old 10-10-2017, 02:49 PM

One more thing I am having issue with : I have zappiti server running on a win7 PC with some folders shared.
I recently added one folder and gave it the same rights as the other folders.
Zappiti explorer can see the share and so can zappiti media center. Zappiti explorer can also play the files, but after scraping the files on my pc or on the zappiti player itself, it scan collect all the info of the files, but when trying to play them on zappiti media center it says : no access to the file : filename.mkv ...

I tried deleting the folder share from zappiti and rescraping on the pc or on zappiti player, but both give the same results.. cannot figure out why..

Thanks for any help..
post #467 of 470 Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Liked: 0
Hi, after the update to 3.08 the screen went black. Even after disconnecting the mains and restarting the unit the screen stays black.
What now pls?
post #468 of 470 Old 10-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtest View Post
Hi, after the update to 3.08 the screen went black. Even after disconnecting the mains and restarting the unit the screen stays black.
What now pls?
Restore back to 3.07 and wait for new fw. http://zappiti.com/zappiti_player_firmwares.html

Sony VPL-VW550 | DNP Supernova 08-85 116" 2.35:1 | Lumagen Radiance Pro 4440 | Pioneer SC-LX89 | AppleTV 4K | Zappiti One 4k HDR | PS4 | Audio Pro/Pioneer 5.1.4 Atmos | SVS SB-1000
post #469 of 470 Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by denada View Post
One more thing I am having issue with : I have zappiti server running on a win7 PC with some folders shared.
I recently added one folder and gave it the same rights as the other folders.
Zappiti explorer can see the share and so can zappiti media center. Zappiti explorer can also play the files, but after scraping the files on my pc or on the zappiti player itself, it scan collect all the info of the files, but when trying to play them on zappiti media center it says : no access to the file : filename.mkv ...

I tried deleting the folder share from zappiti and rescraping on the pc or on zappiti player, but both give the same results.. cannot figure out why..

Thanks for any help..
Yes I’ve had that in the past. Usually renaming the share, sharing again and then adding to Zappiti works.

More seriously since 3.08 my player refuses to see my local network. It is still connected to the cloud server and internet. I’ve had to move my files back to the machine and off my PC.

7.2 Denon (X7200WA), Monitor Audio, Seismic 110, Oppo, XBOX, CCU, LG OLED (E6V)
5.1 Yamaha (RX-A1050), Focal Dome, LG OLED (EG920V)
Multiroom "Virgin V6, Zappiti, Harmony Elite"
post #470 of 470 Old 10-15-2017, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I read some more issues about the 3.08 FW. Its also even listed on the Zappiti website. I guess its best if you go back to 3.07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page