Egreat A5 & A10 3D/4K HDR w/BD MENU - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #271 of 283 Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4810 Post(s)
Liked: 4359
Egreat A5 & A10 3D/4K HDR w/BD MENU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post
Honestly...you never hear the word PC?! Its..computer!!!!! A Pc dude!

You delete it..in the hdd where you have the movies!!!!!

And yes rapier is complex so..just learn..it took m several days to tweak it..with pictures...shortcuts etc...

Nenito, calm down, no need to yell. I'm not sure if English is your first language, but everything you are telling the user to do is not straight forward (especially for a user who is not familiar with Kodi or the process you are referring to). The user is simply asking what are you deleting from your PC. Most users are under the impression that you don't need a PC to use this media player (outside of hosting/getting/making media). You are telling them to delete the Vidon folder on their PC when there probably isn't one to being with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 283 Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Man..i do speak well English..and what i mean is: delete the vidon folder that is on your hdd (be it pc or external)!!!!!
post #273 of 283 Old 09-21-2017, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post
Man..i do speak well English..and what i mean is: delete the vidon folder that is on your hdd (be it pc or external)!!!!!
I see -- I was a bit confused because your original statement said to delete the PC -- but now I understand. I will try that and see if it speeds up Rapier, although confluence isn't bad to begin with!
Thanks for your help both of you!
Ph8te likes this.

post #274 of 283 Old 09-22-2017, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMConey View Post
So after many days of trying to get this box to work with no success, I gave up. Note that I do not say that this device completely does not work but on my network with its configuration, I was not able to get a smooth and stutter free playback. I had several reproducible issues with audio-only playback as well meaning that no local content could be satisfactorily played. Not video, not audio.

I wrote to Egreat and asked to return the unit for a refund. Their first response was to request all kind of detailed videos, descriptions, etc and that I post them to You Tube for them. I replied that I had no interest in being a beta tester, that I would provide whatever details of my setup they required and I would do one test of their recommended settings and give them whatever detailed performance info they needed. But there had to be a point where the unit was recognized as non-working.

The response to this was to tell me their "warranty" for "not liking" the product was only seven days, and for "repairing" a defective product was only 30 days. Since I had the device three weeks, I was past the "not liking" stage and could only have the unit "repaired, and only then if I paid shipping. No explanation given as to what if anything needs "repair" [other than their business practice

So be advised that the company makes *zero* guarantee that the unit will do any of the things they claim and that you have exactly 7 days to fully prove that the unit will or will not work for you.
This from Rita at Egreat from the Egreat forum...

Rita Administrator Staff Member

New
Hi @Tom.W , Please let this guy contact me directly rita@egreatworld.com All Egreat device has 1 year warranty. Thanks.
Rita, 38 minutes ago Report
#2 Like Reply

Last edited by dominical; 09-22-2017 at 05:54 PM.
post #275 of 283 Old 10-01-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Got an A5 recently and it's been mixed bag so far. I mean it's a lot to like, but...

1. Is there simple fast forward function, like 2x or 5x without loosing the picture? I only see skip option.
2. It fails to connect to net via Ethernet. Every other device (Apple TV, Oppo etc.) connect easily the same way.
3. Worst yet, video stutters occasionally while playing various file formats with various specs from both HDD / USB Flash.

FW 1.2.3.0

Last edited by giedrys; 10-01-2017 at 07:06 PM.
post #276 of 283 Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giedrys View Post
Got an A5 recently and it's been mixed bag so far. I mean it's a lot to like, but...

1. Is there simple fast forward function, like 2x or 5x without loosing the picture? I only see skip option.
2. It fails to connect to net via Ethernet. Every other device (Apple TV, Oppo etc.) connect easily the same way.
3. Worst yet, video stutters occasionally while playing various file formats with various specs from both HDD / USB Flash.

FW 1.2.3.0
I use the vidon player more than the internal player on my A10 but I believe you have a simple fast forward function. The remotes are different, but it should be there. I in fact have the skip on the vidon app to skip five minutes forward or back -- which is my favorite skip. As far as connecting to the net -- it worked right off the bat. I don't remember any hassles at all once I plugged it into the network. I'm guessing maybe you have the wired connection turned off? The stuttering I haven't found but nearly all of the files I've used are either MP4 or AVI, and some use the MKV container.
post #277 of 283 Old 10-03-2017, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Will a 10tb hard drive work inside the A10?
post #278 of 283 Old 10-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison View Post
Will a 10tb hard drive work inside the A10?
I believe they say up to 8 tb hard drives.
post #279 of 283 Old 10-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

latest stable update works quite well and corrected 2 critical bugs ! still no issues here
waiting patiently for Android 7 update...next month probably !

Panasonic ET60 TV + 5.1 Monitor Audio MASS & 10" Gemini Bk2 subwoofer - Media player: Egreat A5 4K HDR
post #280 of 283 Old 10-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

@sledgehamma just did on avs a superbe review on the Egreat A11 !

Panasonic ET60 TV + 5.1 Monitor Audio MASS & 10" Gemini Bk2 subwoofer - Media player: Egreat A5 4K HDR
post #281 of 283 Old 10-15-2017, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Just curious, can the A5 play 10bits h264 video? Sorry if this has been answered before.
post #282 of 283 Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

question already asked by me...month ago :
NO, as no device can ! that format should not even exist..and is used by anime encoders, don't even know why....
ONLY a PC can READ those !

post #283 of 283 Old 10-16-2017, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I believe that the Nvidia Shield is the only media player that can play those. However, its only possible because it has enough horsepower and decodes these by software and not by hardware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page