Egreat A5 & A10 3D/4K HDR w/BD MENU - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #31 of 283 Old 05-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 26
final update 1.2 will be available adround 28th may....

Panasonic ET60 TV + 5.1 Monitor Audio MASS & 10" Gemini Bk2 subwoofer - Media player: Egreat A5 4K HDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Looking for a GREAT media player that does :

1) Perfectly using KODI with no bugs

2) 4K HDR Dolby Vision future proof

3) Play 4k demos and videos perfectly with no shutter

4) Dolby Atmos / Dts-X 7.1

5) Stunning User Interface in 4k

6) Bluray Menus usable with no bugs

7) Can use Internal HDD with no problem finding files

8) Good price

9) Etc, etc

Is it the perfect choice ???? I can have for 185 $ US on Geekbuying ! I am on the verge on buying it now ! I read some reviews and so far there is no real flaw to this machine

Help me please !

post #33 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless Hd View Post

1) Perfectly using KODI with no bugs

2) 4K HDR Dolby Vision future proof

3) Play 4k demos and videos perfectly with no shutter

4) Dolby Atmos / Dts-X 7.1

5) Stunning User Interface in 4k

6) Bluray Menus usable with no bugs

7) Can use Internal HDD with no problem finding files

8) Good price

9) Etc, etc

Is it the perfect choice ???? I can have for 185 $ US on Geekbuying ! I am on the verge on buying it now ! I read some reviews and so far there is no real flaw to this machine

Help me please !

I think you are the right path this the only media player that does everything that you mention, the issue with this device is 4K HDR files playback, the resolution is displaying correctly but that will be fixed in the next update.

OLD SETUP:http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...r-theater.html
NEW SETUP: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...856#pid2506856
LG 75UH8500 3D DOLBY VISION HDR | SONY 43 ANDROID TV HDR
XBOX ONE S UHD BLU-RAY | PS4 PRO 4K HDR GAMING
MARANTZ SR7011 DTS X | ATMOS 5.1.4 | Auro-3D 9.1

post #34 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
I think you are the right path this the only media player that does everything that you mention, the issue with this device is 4K HDR files playback, the resolution is displaying correctly but that will be fixed in the next update.
1) What do you mean ? Is this aspect ratio problem with HDR ? 2:40 images displayed like 1:85 image ????

2) What infos does that the internal player display when playing video files ? Do we see bitrate and stuff like that ?
post #35 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
1) What do you mean? Is this aspect ratio problem with HDR? 2:40 images displayed like 1:85 image ???? Yes

2) What info does that the internal player display when playing video files? Do we see bitrate and stuff like that?
Yes

OLD SETUP:http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...r-theater.html
NEW SETUP: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...856#pid2506856
LG 75UH8500 3D DOLBY VISION HDR | SONY 43 ANDROID TV HDR
XBOX ONE S UHD BLU-RAY | PS4 PRO 4K HDR GAMING
MARANTZ SR7011 DTS X | ATMOS 5.1.4 | Auro-3D 9.1
post #36 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 06:40 AM

Ok,I think I will order one, especilally for the price of 185 $ Us
post #37 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

1) Perfectly using KODI with no bugs = egreat has VIDON pro based on jarvis that works perfectly including ISO menu, 3d, hd audio etc...kodi can be installed fine but will be limited to...kodi (no hd audio, HDR, 4K and so on!)

2) 4K HDR Dolby Vision future proof = no media player on the market has DV support ! Egreat said they will update their device ONLY if Dolby gives them the licence !!!

3) Play 4k demos and videos perfectly with no shutter = all is perfect here...aside from aspect ratio bug 2:40....also iso UHD work perfectly

4) Dolby Atmos / Dts-X 7.1 = yes like all media players as this is old tech now....

5) Stunning User Interface in 4k = 99% of android boxes have a 1080p GUI ! only shield has 4K GUI...but man you would not even realise the difference

6) Bluray Menus usable with no bugs = 100% ok, next updates will correct the iso error thing

7) Can use Internal HDD with no problem finding files = all is good here

8) Good price = 185$ is a great price !

9) Etc, etc = yes stable, nice built

Help me please !

order now while the price lasts !

Panasonic ET60 TV + 5.1 Monitor Audio MASS & 10" Gemini Bk2 subwoofer - Media player: Egreat A5 4K HDR
post #38 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenito2k View Post
order now while the price lasts !
Order already done !

Can't wait especially at this price !

post #39 of 283 Old 05-22-2017, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member

welcome to the family @Wireless Hd !

post #40 of 283 Old 05-23-2017, 04:18 AM

post #41 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

just to make things clear (i have received a PM about the matter):

Egreat is pushing their OWN internal player as a priority, they confirmed this. many of us are asking for a vidon upgrade over their forum.
They took note but stated - an it is true - that vidon is stable, does iso menu, 3D and hd passthrought...reads hevc and 4k and 10 bits !
all of this kodi does not do or not well at all (incomplete patches etc can be found etc...) on android anyway.

So they will consider updagrding vidon, but not now; and besides you can all install kodi next to vidon !

anyway they have a huge list of fixes (nothing too major...) to do first so....

Last edited by nenito2k; 06-02-2017 at 05:08 AM. Reason: corrertions
post #42 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Waiting for my A5 to arrive today! I'll be putting it through its paces this long weekend.
post #43 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Egreat is pushing their OWN internal player as a priority, they confirmed this.
very disappointing. their internal player is terrible, and i personally find it unusable. it's a joke. it lacks even the most basic features. they clearly have no talent for user interfaces. i bought it because they advertised VidOn. i assumed they would keep it updated.
post #44 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhuey View Post
very disappointing. their internal player is terrible, and i personally find it unusable. it's a joke. it lacks even the most basic features. they clearly have no talent for user interfaces. i bought it because they advertised VidOn. i assumed they would keep it updated.
Why are you telling me this once I ordered one ... You are the only people saying this ! I looked at a couple of reviews and nobody were talking about their own player no doing a good job. What's wrong with their player ?
post #45 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Why are you telling me this once I ordered one ... You are the only people saying this ! I looked at a couple of reviews and nobody were talking about their own player no doing a good job. What's wrong with their player ?
it's a barebones player; it technically plays any file you'll throw at it, but that's basically all it's good for. browsing and navigating your collection is horrible. there's only 1 view, and there's 1 short list of sortable categories where half of the categories are completely useless ("EU & US", "Chinese", "Asia", etc). that's it. that's their jukebox. i think they literally spent like 10 minutes building this interface on top of their player. it's like taking a BMW engine and chassis, and throwing a cardboard box on top.
post #46 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhuey View Post
it's a barebones player; it technically plays any file you'll throw at it, but that's basically all it's good for. browsing and navigating your collection is horrible. there's only 1 view, and there's 1 short list of sortable categories where half of the categories are completely useless ("EU & US", "Chinese", "Asia", etc). that's it. that's their jukebox. i think they literally spent like 10 minutes building this interface on top of their player. it's like taking a BMW engine and chassis, and throwing a cardboard box on top.
I just finished looking at a video on youtube of their internal player. I really liked what I saw :

1) Great menu at the left for all the submenus and the options available ( TOP MENU, POP MENU, CHAPTER, AUDIO TRACK, SUBTITLES, RATIO, IMAGE ENGINE, INFO, ETC... )

2) Give me all the infos that I want when chosing the INFO submenu (size, format, resolution, video codec, video bitrate, audio codec, audio bitrate, number of audio tracks )

3) Dont need a very elaborate scrapper for listing the files. Just to be good looking and be able to locate and PLAY all the files in my collection. For example it juts need to sort the files like 'Movies', 'Tv shows', etc.

4) If I want very elaborate scrapper I will just go with KODI.
post #47 of 283 Old 05-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
3) Dont need a very elaborate scrapper for listing the files. Just to be good looking and be able to locate and PLAY all the files in my collection. For example it juts need to sort the files like 'Movies', 'Tv shows', etc.
well, if those are your minimum requirements, then their player won't be good enough for you. because by most standards it's not "good looking", and you can't sort by categories like "Movies" and "TV Shows".

look, obviously a decent interface isn't a high priority for some people. if you're one of those people, or if you have a small collection, then their player will be sufficient. everyone else will be extremely dissatisfied with it.

there's no point in further speculation. let us know what you think of it after using it for a week.
post #48 of 283 Old 05-27-2017, 01:24 AM
Advanced Member

@Wireless Hd

there is nothing WRONG with their internal player at all ! the GUI is just much less polished than VIDON yes....but it works flawless and besides they said it will be updated everytime...
@hamsterhuey

i get what you say....but is there A point for Egreat to make the same player as vidon with the same options ? No....
VIDON is intended for people like me that want great GUI and skins and possibilities etc...
basically i sometimes use vidon and sometimes use egreat player.

and like i said they never said they will never upgrade vidon, they just said that everything works now so no need.
Besides like said kodi 17 and 18 can be installed on egreat, the latter will have probably full iso menu and HDR...

egreat have priorities...one of them is fixing some bugs on VIDON and Nougat OS...when stable with the new SDK from hisilicon; there is also the new music player that is coming etc....

i advise strongly both of you to subscribe to egreat forum...as the devs are in contact with us, if the demand is sufficiently strong we will get what we want, many of our findings are being taken care of

post #49 of 283 Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
@Wireless Hd

there is nothing WRONG with their internal player at all ! the GUI is just much less polished than VIDON yes....but it works flawless and besides they said it will be updated everytime...
@hamsterhuey

i get what you say....but is there A point for Egreat to make the same player as vidon with the same options ? No....
VIDON is intended for people like me that want great GUI and skins and possibilities etc...
basically i sometimes use vidon and sometimes use egreat player.

and like i said they never said they will never upgrade vidon, they just said that everything works now so no need.
Besides like said kodi 17 and 18 can be installed on egreat, the latter will have probably full iso menu and HDR...

egreat have priorities...one of them is fixing some bugs on VIDON and Nougat OS...when stable with the new SDK from hisilicon; there is also the new music player that is coming etc....

i advise strongly both of you to subscribe to egreat forum...as the devs are in contact with us, if the demand is sufficiently strong we will get what we want, many of our findings are being taken care of
Dont worry nenito2k !

I am using their forum to see all the latest infos on their device and be able to see that their developpers are effectively in touch with the users. They seem to have great customer service. Cant' wait to have this box in hands mine have been shipped yesterday with DHL. Hope to receive it by next friday !
post #50 of 283 Old 05-28-2017, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

ok fella's i need a hand here !

these last few days i was mainly using egreat player....and i just wanted to test...watching videos on VIDON...and well...no a single one works ! the movie is VERY slow (AV problems/Stutter/Freeze etc...); so i tried to change acceleration settings (hisicodec, mediacodec etc...) and no matter what combination i DO....the MOVIE is still unwatchable !

ONLY if i un-tick all 4 acceleration modes that the movie work...but has AV sync issues ! so not a solution

What should i DO ? i tried to change skins, delete cache, reboot, put frame rate change to "always" etc...nothing works, be it SD, HD or 4K ! i tested AVI, MKV, MP4 and XVID....always same ISSUE

ps: all tests were done with no AVR just to be sure....

i am desperate here, don't panic however as most owners are using vidon just fine...so must be something on my end

post #51 of 283 Old 05-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

@kemac

so ?

post #52 of 283 Old 05-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
@kemac

so ?
So far so good, I was able to reproduce the 4K AR bug so I am looking forward to the fix for that.

Blu-ray and DVD ISO playback works fine.

I have not spent much time trying Videon since I probably wont use it much.

One issue I have - I added a network location to my Poster/video library and it doesn't seem to persist after an Off/On cycle.
post #53 of 283 Old 05-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

happy to hear

for the save issue poster, could be as we there are settings that won't memorize it seems, on egreat or vidon. a fix is coming for most of them at least
Regarding Aspect ratio...a solution for himedia q pro (that uses the same SOC) is MX player on nougat OS; or KODI 17+ nougat
As android 7 is coming in a few months to egreat well that would be the worst case scenario ! i'll let you get back to your toy

post #54 of 283 Old 05-31-2017, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

the FW update that was planned this week has been delayed...for a few more days, probably 7-8 days. Egreat is not satisfied with the present results. So looks like we will wait a bit more
kemac likes this.

post #55 of 283 Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
the FW update that was planned this week has been delayed...for a few more days, probably 7-8 days. Egreat is not satisfied with the present results. So looks like we will wait a bit more

Hope this will fix some bugs....

1) My primaries issues are some shutters, freeze when playing local content from SMB both from Media player or from VidOn. Like hight bitrate HEVC MKV UHD rips or some 4K demos at more than 100 bitrate.

2) Media player scrapper that is taking wayyyyyyyy to much time to sort infos and posters from local content.

The player is promising but it definitively need some tweekings. I was hoping just to load the machine, select the files that I want and press play. It doesnt happen like that !
post #56 of 283 Old 06-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

weird...for stutter! did you at least try to force recover to FW 1.0.0.7 ? it has been said many many times that this is the SOLUTION to be 100% stutter free !
scrapper taking long should not be the case...
force recover and then OTA update and come back here

ps: instruction are in the egreat site

to all owners: did you know that you can BOOT directly on vidon ? just go to the app section, on vidon and press menu button, then choose "boot on start"

Last edited by nenito2k; 06-01-2017 at 01:16 PM.
post #57 of 283 Old 06-01-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
weird...for stutter! did you at least try to force recover to FW 1.0.0.7 ? it has been said many many times that this is the SOLUTION to be 100% stutter free !
scrapper taking long should not be the case...
force recover and then OTA update and come back here

ps: instruction are in the egreat site

to all owners: did you know that you can BOOT directly on vidon ? just go to the app section, on vidon and press menu button, then choose "boot on start"
They explain how to do a forced recovery on the forum but where is the forced recovery firmware ???? I looked at everywhere on the Egreat page and never find it !
post #58 of 283 Old 06-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
They explain how to do a forced recovery on the forum but where is the forced recovery firmware ???? I looked at everywhere on the Egreat page and never find it !
Here is the link
post #59 of 283 Old 06-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Thanks ! But I downloaded the one for the A10...
post #60 of 283 Old 06-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Advanced Member

Fw A10 on a5?!! No as their hardware is different! Anyway what is the situation?

What are the skins you guys are using BTW ? For God's sake don't tell me default
after many hours of testing i found that various skins cannot be used on egreat and freeze/crash the device....
i loved RAPIER that looks stunning....but it was wayyyy too slow to use !
TITAN is also great but crashed every 5 seconds

i opted for amber at first, the eminence : the latter has to be DL on zip format online and installed

what are you skins, and crashes ?

Last edited by nenito2k; 06-02-2017 at 02:01 AM. Reason: add question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page