Remote WOL on ASUS ac88u , help ! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-03-2017, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Remote WOL on ASUS ac88u , help !

You know, I've tried other boards, even asus with no luck. Hopefully AVS'ers might be able to help me. I should've just posted here from the getgo since this is really the place I visit regularly.

Here's my situation:

Previously I had this setup how I wanted with my old DLINK 655, but that router was pushing 9ish years so I upgraded to the ac88u in hopes of better performance.

So as I stated this worked before in exact setup (only difference being router), so I know my mobo, bios, windows settings are correct.

ddns is working as it should. I can log into router from internet and use the internal wol function in asus gui
WOL in my network is working as it should using the WOL tab in network tools in asus gui.
I can even RDP into target machine from outside network if target machine is on.
So literally, to wake my server remotely is like a 3 step process and I need my laptop. Before I could do this with a push of a button on WOL app on my android phone.

So the problem is I can't make WOL work outside my network. I opened port 9 UDP in the port forwarding section, picked the pc from list to autofill MAC address, so that is correct.
I need to be able to wake up target from app on my android phone.

I've tried ports 7 and 9. I tried wan ip. I tried the broadcast subnet ip

What am I missing ? It seems that the magic packet is simply not getting past my router but I have no clue why. I googled and find some threads but no solution other that to flash alt firmware. or ssh, etc. I'm not that techy so I really just want it to work with stock firmware. Hoping someone here is familiar with this router.

Last edited by T0R0; 10-03-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page