Slim Device's Squeezebox: how long did it take to get yours? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered one of these about a week ago...I guess according to their website, the lead time is 5-6 days to process orders. How long have other people waited? I live in the Bay Area and non othe their retailers have them in stock either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2004, 03:06 PM

I ordered my sqeezebox shortly after they were announced, and there was a couple week leadtime. I'm not sure I was in on a preorder period or if they were just lagging due to unforseen demand, but it did take a bit. I got a shipping notice when it was shipped and it arrived in 3 days or so after that.

I know what it's like eagerly awaiting a new toy. Unfortunately, they are a real small company so they can't afford to keep a large supply on hand for immediate shipping. Hang in there, you'll definately be happy with your purchase when it arrives.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-19-2004, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Jared. I live in the Bay Area, so I'm hoping it only takes a day to get here via UPS (Slim Devices is about 30 miles south of SF). So are you happy with the Squeezebox? I passed on the Slimp3, waiting for a wireless version. It seems like the Squeezebox is in a sweet spot in the market: cheaper than some of the other offerings (like from Roku) and open source. I run Mac's at home, so it's perfect for me.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-19-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey Jason, I am definately very happy with my Squeezbox. I had my doubts as to the interface, and how easily/quickly I could navigate my large music collection, but the Squeezebox is great and I have no complaints.

My story is similar to yours. I never used a SLIMP3, though mainly because I never had the extra cash, being in school at the time. I'm a huge supporter of open source, and have recently switched to Macs due to their blend of open source and quality design. SlimServer and Squeezebox integrate really well with iTunes, expanding the availability of your music collection while keeping it easy to organize at the same time.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-22-2004, 09:58 AM

I've been following Slim Devices mailing list, and apparently they had an issue with the company that makes the top and bottom pieces of the Squeezebox enclosure. This is what resulted in unusually long lead times before shipping.

Apparently, they have the problem resolved and are hoping to ship all order for wireless Squeezeboxes by the end of the week. Wired Squeezeboxes may be a few more days.

Just a heads up to anyone who is wondering what is going on.
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page