Need advise on wirelessly accessing my itunes library - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-08-2004, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have an imac and I am using an Airport wireless base station. The set up works very well. I am looking for any recommendations on devices that will let me wirelessly access my itunes library and play the library on my stereo. I will need something with a display so that I can see what is playing or playlist is playing as my stereo is in another room away from the imac.

Thank you for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-08-2004, 02:18 PM

Hi

Well, if I wasn't having issues with pauses during playback I'd recommend the Elgato EyeHome http://www.elgato.com/products/eyehome.html - needs a TV for the display, but also plays movies, and your iphoto library, as well as all the iTunes playlists, etc.

The pausing may well be just my unit - I'm trying to get help from elgato at the moment - will let you know the outcome if you're interested!

Shaun
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2004, 02:40 PM

I highly recommend the Squeezebox from Slim Devices (http://www.slimdevices.com).

The product is really nice looking, far better than the pictures on the website. It was optical audio outs in case you are looking for high-fidelity sounds. It is also incredibly easy and intuitive to use.

The SlimServer that you install on your iMac reads you iTunes library and allows the Squeezebox to access all your music including any playlists you have set up. It also has a real slick interface that allows you to set the playlist and control the Squeezebox from any computer on your network.

I've had one for almost a year now and have no complaints. Recently I've been considering getting a second unit.
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page