AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A User's perspective

990 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  genearch 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've been eyeballing Audiorequest for a while now and am very intrigued by the idea (would love to put one right next to my Tivos), but I have wanted to get the inside scoop on them before I seriously consider buying (especially at the current pricepoint).

Can someone give me a breakdown on the positives/negatives, and an overall impression of the unit?

Thanks

#2 ·
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm particularly interested in comparisons with Audiotron from Turtle Beach. I understand that box is still vaporware, but the price point is much closer to what I want to spend, and I have plenty of disk space for MP3's on my "server," and I can always add more later.

And, for streaming audio direct from the internet, having a hard disk on board the Request wouldn't seem to help anyway.

------------------

Matt

#3 ·
I don't get it. What is it about this product that has people buying it. for the same price (799) I could build one heck of a computer that will do all the same and much more. I guess it would have to have a keyboard and mouse, but for the price there is much more that can be had. Please explain what the big deal is over this product.

nick

#4 ·
Hi...

Yes the fact is that you can make a computer to do this. But at what cost and what ease of use when you are done? Not to mention the time involved. I for one do not have time to work on a system to 'make it work' when this seems to be a great and simple solution that fit's my needs to a T. Here is a quick list I made up...

It is simple to use.

It can be viewed it on a normal TV thus you can do it house wide.

The software is very user friendly.

It is home networkable.

It is an all in one package that fits into a component rack.

You do not need to be a computer person to run it.

The audio is very, very good.

It uses an IR remote.

It can be computer controlled.

It can act as a music server.

Did I mention it was easy to use (My Dad used it when he was here!). http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Anyway, true you can make one as mentioned that will do the above. But, I for one will recommend, and have, the Request unit to many people.

------------------

David Bott
It's A World Of Entertainment...Experience It!

AV Science/AVS Forum Admin
http://www.avscience.com
http://www.avsforum.com

#5 ·
I am really supprised to see that david bott uses this item, especially since I think he is the guy that built the "Nate" the ultimate in budget home theaters. maybe there is something to it.

thanks for the info david

nick

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jimbjr:
Does the ReQuest have a CD-R in it so I can record a play list, and if not can I change the cd tray to a recorder?
They were showing the next version @ CES. It includes a CDR and a bunch of other features. Also, a much higher price tag for the next model.

I didn't get all the specs, but it seemed like an awesome machine coming. I'm still going to get one of the current models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.