Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 99 Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Doubtful.

Consumer broadband connections, especially upload speeds, aren't capable of good HDTV streaming. Can't sustain the needed bitrates.

Plus you find a lot of broadband connections on the road, especially at hotels, are all uneven so they may not support even standard placeshifting that well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 02-03-2007, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have a copy ogf the Location Free Player that comes with the Base Station. I bought one off Ebay and upon arrival no CD. Owner doesnt recall seeing one, whiich we know is false. Maybe someone could upload a copy to rapidshare com
Anyway thanks, it does look pretty sitting there blinking LOL
post #93 of 99 Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 PM

Each wireless device must have its own registration code... so you're SOL with out the registration key on the CD.

IF I gave you my key, it would not work since I have it on my laptop.
post #94 of 99 Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 PM

I just got my LF-PK1 today and set it up with my HTPC.

Using PSP, I can now run BeyondTV to watch live tv or play HD recordings.

If you want to know how I did it, check out

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...186969#M186969
post #95 of 99 Old 02-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Folks, I've been searching around the Net for an answer to how to get learned codes working on the PSP, and I've finally got it working!

It's a tribute to the programmers at Sony -- I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting this use case when they designed their system, but it works like a charm.

Step 1: Learn your codes using the base station's IR receiver and the PC client as documented elsewhere.
Step 2: Inspect your RC Data folder (should be a desktop link named something like that after installation) for the file created after saving your settings -- it's a plain text file ending in .RCD
Step 3: Move the .RCD file to the appropriate spot on your PSP's Memorystick Duo card. This is easy to find if you've already set up another remote control, say for another input.
Step 4: In the Remote settings area of the Settings control panel, choose the Custom remote, which in my case was displayed at the bottom of the list.

Sorry for the lack of gory details. I'll come back and post again with more specific instructions, but I wanted to get the word out since I don't think may folks know this is possible.

Good luck!

Oh, and for those users looking for the List button on a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD cable set-top box, Sony has published a remote control file for that on their Additional Data site. It works on both PC and PSP platforms, allowing me to watch and control recorded content.

Oh, and while I've got your attention, check this out:

I've got the following wild thing working now:

Video iPod
Remote controlable iPod dock
LocationFree B10 with additional IR blaster (got it at BestBuy's Magnolia HT desk)
Linksys 54G wifi router
Cable modem
Internet
Verizon EVDO cellular data service
Magmount car antenna
Verizon EVDO PCMCIA card
Top Global EVDO/Wifi router, powered by 12V inverter
PSP

So I can watch content from my video iPod, with remote control capability, on my PSP, within about 50 feet of my car! (or anywhere there's wireless Internet)

This is extreme, but it was fun getting it all working together.
post #96 of 99 Old 02-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Holy mackeral. Bless you, I kept getting told by Sony tech support that this was not achievable. I've been using the tablet but will set up the pc client to capture my IR codes right away.

Regarding the remote viewing of the ipod. Cool, but why don't you just use the ipod?

I plan on doing a similar setup in my camper van with my lf pack and tablet with a mobile router. The van will also have a dish reciever and in-motion satellite dish, so we will be able to watch tv anywhere in the campsite. If we're somewhere that we get the 3g Data service, we'll be able to watch the programming we have stored on the dvr at home. (have already done this part with just the tablet and sneaking on to open wifi).
post #97 of 99 Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 AM

FREE Sony LocationFree -- Week Ending Aug 11 07 at Staples -- Check your location Flyer - last page. Yes, you do have to buy a laptop to qualify for the rebate of the $200 model (hardwire only). NO- LT may not be HP or Compaq. (No personal interest).
Questions for current owners -- nothing on this posting for 6 months -- does that mean no more problems? Any downside to this if one needs the LT anyway?
post #98 of 99 Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM

I take it there is no way to get new codes for the LF-X5? Seems like Sony has discontinued all support for this product.
post #99 of 99 Old 01-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPZ View Post

I take it there is no way to get new codes for the LF-X5? Seems like Sony has discontinued all support for this product.

It's a shame - I wanted one of these but if it is no longer supported...oh well.

Do you know if the X-5 tablet works with the new LF-V30 base station?

V.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page