Helios x-line HD media players - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 194 Old 05-22-2006, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Does anyone have technical information on the Helios X-Line HD Media players coming from Neodigits? Their website is spartan. Here is the link...

http://www.neodigits.com/new/body/pr...ne/diagram.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 194 Old 05-23-2006, 01:55 PM
KAS

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
These looks like they could be nice, but I have yet to see any real info on them (my big question: how is the GUI?). I did notice from the info on their website that it looks like it may require streaming from a computer and not work from a NAS - but we shall see.

Here is the link to their press release:

http://www.neodigits.com/new/body/ab.../130816594.htm

and here is the text:

NeoDigits soon to launch their
X-Line HD Network Media Players

Total connectivity, absolute access and effortless streaming to revolutionize your digital lifestyles

Hong Kong ¨C Monday, May 22, 2006 ¨C NeoDigits , leading online supplier of early-adopter DVD players to the digital home entertainment segment, has introduced their HELIOS X3000 and X5000 HD Network Media Players both set to be launched by June 2006.

The HELIOS X-Line of HD Network Media Players changes the way you manage, access and enjoy all your multimedia, giving you total freedom to enjoy them in superior audio and high-definition video quality anywhere in (and beyond) your home.

Tim Beloney , Director of Sales for NeoDigits comments, ¡°From digital cameras and camcorders to MP3 players, online content and downloaded movies, digital media is everywhere but rarely connected and easily accessible. The X-Line lets users easily bridge the digital gap from the PC to the living room, and even extend it to the basement or boardroom while maintaining our extreme flexibility and high resolution roots.¡±

He adds, ¡°NeoDigits also takes pride in listening to our customers and providing them with real world solutions they want. Beyond the incredible flexibility and functionality of the X-Line, the HELIOS X5000 is our flagship of quality, high performance, and style.¡±

Total Connectivity

The X-Line's built-in LAN, WIFI and USB ports make it easy to connect and share digital audio, video and images. Using the X-Line, connect your television to any personal computer running the NeoLink server software (or other media server softwares), as well as your laptops, digital cameras, hard drives, projectors, MP3 players, MP4 players, and more.

Create your own home entertainment network between your bedroom, living room, office and den; and access movies, home videos, music, photos, online content and more in any digital storage device on the network and stream them directly to your television.

Absolute Access and Effortless Streaming

With the NeoLink server software , you can easily manage and access the videos, music and photos in your personal computer and play them onto your television.

NeoLink is able to synchronize with Apple iTunes, Real Rhapsody and Napster, supports Windows Media/WinAMP playlists, and does real time transcoding for Real player (RMVB) and 3GPP formats. NeoLink also lets you use your player's intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) to directly access your RSS feeds and other favorite online media links from your web browser's bookmarks.

On top of that, the X-Line's GUI lets you access the HELIOS Media Portal allowing you to stream internet radio and television, along with broadcast internet news onto your television without having to use a computer. NeoDigits has included more than 50 pre-set links to popular online media sites, and will add to this list over time. With future firmware upgrades, you will be able to customize your own HELIOS Media Portal as well.

Extreme Clarity

Upscaling to 1080p resolution, the X-Line lets you watch standard DVD titles, MP4, DivX, XviD, DVD VOB, XviD HD, DivX HD, HD TS, WMV HD and more in dazzling high definition.

Luxury of Choice

Available in two varieties, you can choose between the X3000 and the X5000. While both players have the same features and functionality, NeoDigits offers to the absolute home theater and audio enthusiast first-class performance, design and build-quality with the X5000.

The X5000 is designed to impress with its handcrafted brushed aluminum panel and full metal case. The R-core linear power supply gives the X5000 a stable and distortion-free power source. Burr Brown DAC integration offers pure and noise-free digital-to-analog conversion. Higher-end audio components and gold-plated RCA jacks also make the X5000 the ideal player for your audio CDs and music media files. Designed for the avid AV enthusiast, the X5000 lets you indulge in exceptionally rich 2-channel audio quality and further enhanced video performance.

Beyond your Home

With its variety of connectivity options, the X-Line is as flexible in the public and corporate arena as it is in the home. Connect your conference room to your corporate server and stream your multimedia presentation straight to your projector screen. Stream digital advertising, announcements and more from a central server for simultaneous display on public plasma televisions. Get creative with the X-Line. With maximum connectivity, instantly build networks wherever there is need to access and stream digital media to your display devices ¨C all in high-definition, of course.

Revolutionize your Digital Lifestyle

The HELIOS X-Line of HD Network Media Players bring you to the future of networked home entertainment and public infotainment; giving you the power to personalize your digital experiences and the flexibility to access and play all your digital media ¨C whenever you want, wherever you want, however you want.

For further details and specifications on the HELIOS X-Line HD Network Media Players, please visit www.neodigits.com

About NeoDigits

Founded in 2003, NeoDigits has established itself as one of the leading online providers of cutting edge early-adopter technologies to the digital home entertainment market. Having entered the market with their flagship brand of DVD players, NeuNeo, they have since launched their line of DVD products under a new brand name - HELIOS. Young, powerful and dependable with a fresh innovative edge - that is the image that the HELIOS brand represents.
post #3 of 194 Old 05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Another player promising the world, curious if it will really deliver.

-> No longer looking for Hi-Vision LDs <-

(I buried that format finally)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 194 Old 05-24-2006, 01:07 AM

Hi,

the Neo is just another syabas based player like linktheater, avellink, transgear...
Menus look pretty much the same like all other syabas players.

Sash
post #5 of 194 Old 05-24-2006, 02:30 AM
KAS

Here is a response back I received from Neodigits on these products:

"Thanks for contacting us.

The X-line player will be ready to launch on the early of June as we expected. Once it is in stock, we will provide the player over our web site www.neodigits.com and you could place the order over there directly. The estimated price will be US$379 for the X3000 player and $579 for the X5000 player.

In addition, the network media player will be able to play the video/audio/photo file from your PC which has been installed the NeoLink software. Also this player supports USB port, you will be able to play these files in the storage device via the USB port as well.

BTW, the NeoLink is still on the testing stage. Probably it will be ready to release while the X-line products were in stock."

I assume this means it will likely not work with a NAS device.
post #6 of 194 Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 AM

For that price, I will still buy it if it:
- Can do HD no problems...19MB/s
- Can play everything I throw at it...says it can already
- Has HDMI
- Is decent looking
- Can replace my virtually useless D-Link 520 (which is a given)
- Has decent support
post #7 of 194 Old 05-29-2006, 01:59 PM

I did not see that it can decode AC3........maybe I just missed it.

J

Not afraid to break a few eggs....
post #8 of 194 Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 PM

I have the X5000

And Yes it works with a NAS, yes it is Syabas Firmware...

And YES it is an excellent player... In 5 months Ive never had a Lockup...

Excellent quality player...
post #9 of 194 Old 05-30-2006, 05:29 AM
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne12 View Post

I have the X5000

And Yes it works with a NAS, yes it is Syabas Firmware...

And YES it is an excellent player... In 5 months Ive never had a Lockup...

Excellent quality player...

Since it does not seem to be available in the US yet, can you answer some questions:

SETUP:
Can you describe your setup?
Do you need to leave a computer on that is running the desktop app or are you able to access the NAS directly from the X5000?

INTERFACE:
How is the GUI (do you have any screenshots)? How would you rate it for the WAF?

PERFORMANCE:
Since it does not have an internal HD can you confirm that it is silent? How is it for playing DVD rips? Do you have full navigation abilities (i.e. ff, rw, chapters, etc)? Any stutter at higher bitrates? How is the picture quality of both standard and HD vids? How is playing/navigating a large (10,000+) library of music and/or pictures? Have you tried playing multiple types of files (and if so, which ones)?

Have you tested both wired and wireless capabilities? Any problems with either?

Any other information on or experience with it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KAS
post #10 of 194 Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 AM

@KAS

Quote:

How is the GUI (do you have any screenshots)? How would you rate it for the WAF?

GUI is like all known syabas players (setup screens etc.)

Serverapplication might be the syabas typical one (original title Myihome). It will get some slight modification (changing jpegs for the title screen and buttons) 10000+ MP3 will be as slow as with every syabas based player.

It is always the same way: Sigma reference design board + sdk, syabas firmware + syabas server application. All modifications in the core syabas firmware will sooner or later be in all syabas players depending on their fw versions and if they still pay for getting new firmwares.

Greets,

Sash
post #11 of 194 Old 06-12-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:

I have the X5000

You sure your talking about the same unit? The Helios X-line 3000 & 5000 haven't even been released yet so how could you have one for 5 months?
post #12 of 194 Old 06-21-2006, 12:08 PM

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/21/n...media-players/

Just another link with some info...

Jeff
post #13 of 194 Old 07-02-2006, 09:56 AM

Does anyone know if the helios can play image files?
post #14 of 194 Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown View Post

Does anyone know if the helios can play image files?

It most certainly can - several diifferent formats.

I have been lucky enough to evaluate a pre-release unit and it is without doubt very impressive, both in build quality and performance. I believe it will be ready for release this month.
post #15 of 194 Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

It most certainly can - several diifferent formats.

I have been lucky enough to evaluate a pre-release unit and it is without doubt very impressive, both in build quality and performance. I believe it will be ready for release this month.

So...what is it actually it most certainly can?
"Image files" could in my world mean either pictures, like JPEG, BMP, TIFF etc
or CD/DVD image files liek ISO, IMG, NRG etc.

Can you specify, please?

/J
post #16 of 194 Old 07-11-2006, 11:42 AM

I picked up a X5000 demo unit from FedEx yesterday.

First impressions, I did not have time to play with it - very well built, very heavy, I love that black finish. Very quite - no ticks ony other noises you can hear from a spinning disc inside.

Uses same myiHome just like Momitsy V880-N. Having thrown in a DVD with several files in DivX5 - I am under impression that it's somewhat faster in loading DVD contents than V880-N.

Remote control is not as good as I'd expect to find with this unit. Unit seems to be a bit slow to respond to remote control and ignores commands completely sometimes - for example if you are in Setup screen and want to take DVD disc out - you can't.

I'll post more details about X5000 later when I setup its wireless connection.

Regards!
post #17 of 194 Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM

We've been evaluating it also (may sell it). It's similar to the IOData Linkplayer 2, but includes built in WiFi and HDMI output.

It seems to run from any UPnP server as well. We've been playing content off a Infrant NAS with no problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 194 Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 PM

So far -

1. WiFi works great - no issues. I am using a Momitsu Media Server to stream - it works great.

2. This unit seems to be more responsive than my Momi V880N, but that's not a fair comparison though, it should be compared to V888N instead.
post #19 of 194 Old 07-22-2006, 06:12 AM

we are also testing the unite in Germany, with superior results on the digital audio output and excellent results on the analog audio output. It is aresult of the better power supply and the wolfson/burrBron part and the special caps inside the x5000
post #20 of 194 Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM

What's the deal with the 12Mbps limit on MPEG2 playback?? Doesn't that make it virtually useless for HD MPEG2 content?

post #21 of 194 Old 07-26-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T u r b o View Post

What's the deal with the 12Mbps limit on MPEG2 playback?? Doesn't that make it virtually useless for HD MPEG2 content?

I have the same concern. I have recorded tons of HDTV material in MPEG2, and most of them are between 15-19 mbps. Which means this players is useless for me!!!! Unless there is some unknown spec that I am not aware of.
post #22 of 194 Old 07-29-2006, 06:24 AM

I agree....I use 10Mbps HD content..ANything less wont be worth it...there are already enough sunstandard HD players anyway
post #23 of 194 Old 07-30-2006, 07:17 PM

Ive played HD TS files ar up30mbps no Problem on Both the X3000 and X5000 so not surew there... I think you will find the 12mb is for wireless... And I wouldnt wanan try streaming HD on woreless anyhow...

Yup stable as still and works a treat couldnt be happier with both of them...

The remotes a bit ****** as in its not Strong Enough... However Roy and Tim at Neo already found this out and ALL new units ship with a much incresed IR in the remote...

I suggest anyone who already has the remote, email them, looks exactly the same just alot stringer IR...

Is it a keeper, YOU bet beats the crap out of the Zensonic 500 piece of CRAP I had
post #24 of 194 Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM

So does anyone know where it is available from? and cost?
I'm new so be nice
post #25 of 194 Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 AM

should be available within the next 4 weeks, firmware is really stable, and would be improved weekly,

robert@robertross.de germany
post #26 of 194 Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 AM

Can any of you guys get the Neo Link software to work properly? I can only activate one folder of videos files and no matter how many time I check the "watch folder tab to add other folders on other drives it never adds them to the main page.

I/m running version 1.2 of the software and just cant seem to get it t o work properly

any ideas anyone?
post #27 of 194 Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post

Since it does not seem to be available in the US yet, can you answer some questions:

Yup

SETUP:
Can you describe your setup?
Do you need to leave a computer on that is running the desktop app or are you able to access the NAS directly from the X5000?

Can do both run from PC if ya wanna leave it on using either Neo Link Software or any other Tversity etc etc even Windows Media Connect, Nero Media home etc etc

or Straight from the NAS works fine PC off I use a Readynas X6 from Infrant

INTERFACE:

Interface is Fast and slick.... Screen shots available from Neodigits..

PERFORMANCE:
Since it does not have an internal HD can you confirm that it is silent? How is it for playing DVD rips? Do you have full navigation abilities (i.e. ff, rw, chapters, etc)? Any stutter at higher bitrates? How is the picture quality of both standard and HD vids? How is playing/navigating a large (10,000+) library of music and/or pictures? Have you tried playing multiple types of files (and if so, which ones)?

Have you tested both wired and wireless capabilities? Any problems with either?

Any other information on or experience with it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KAS

1. Absolutely DEAD quiet both the X5000 and the X3000 cant even here the DVD drive when playing DVD's

2. DVD Rips fine yup and full access menus chapters ff rew all work no problems..

3. No Stuttering at all on any of the files Ive played includinh 1080i and 720p TS files...

3. My Current Music Directory contains 27515 Mp3's, about 4-5 Secs to read em all..

4. HD is superb and just got better with a more optimised firmware for video...

5. Havent found anything yet it doesnt play with the exception of some older WMV8 files... Everything else, Divx Xvid, HD Divx , Mpeg 1 &2 etc etc of course it wont do anything H.264 as the 8621 chipset doesnt support H.264..

6. Wired network plays EVERYTHING form HD down flawlessly, Playes a TS file the other day on my new LCS at 1080P and was smooth as...

7. Wireless is great for everything but HD, just not enuf bandwidth but your stright old divx mpegs etc no dramas at all... ive changed out the MINI PCI card to a 108Mbps version and worked fine too still HD shouldnt be streamed over wirless..

Nope all in all they are an absulte Dream to use ...
post #28 of 194 Old 08-04-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja77 View Post

Can any of you guys get the Neo Link software to work properly? I can only activate one folder of videos files and no matter how many time I check the "watch folder tab to add other folders on other drives it never adds them to the main page.

I/m running version 1.2 of the software and just cant seem to get it t o work properly

any ideas anyone?

YUP KNOW EXACTLY what it is... heheh same thng happened to me...

YOU need to totally UNINSTALL the MyIhome software that they used to use (albeith neolink is a modded version of it anyhow) I had your exact problem...

had to uninstall, do a reg clean del all evidence of it and WALA... All worked... Could share everything then...
post #29 of 194 Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 PM

For those who have problems with NeoLink software - feel free to download and install Momitsu's version - it'll work for you without a problem both Windows and Linux versions. I am personally running both Momitsu versions.
post #30 of 194 Old 08-08-2006, 07:20 PM

100% of my movies are dvd.iso. If the player cannot play .iso file, then it is useless to me.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page