Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: East Lansing, MI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1) The form factors are different. DSM-510 looks like computer equipment while DSM-520 looks like an A/V component. Depends on which you prefer.
2) DSM-510 only supports HDMI output, no component output so you better be sure that you are using HDMI.
3) DSM-510 does not support Rhapsody, so if you have a subscription to Rhapsody, you need DSM-520.
4) DSM-510 has a never user interface, so supports things like cover art and multiple speeds of FF/Rew (Although if you use a uPnP media server software with DSM-520 you can get around some of the limitations through that software).
5) DSM-510 supports Viiv, and additional content from the Viiv network. So if your computer is Viiv capable and you care about accessing that content, than you should get DSM-510.
Of course, you could wait for DSM-750 that was just announced...