post #271 of 290 Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless68 View Post

The video freeze and speedup that you refer to normally means the MKV was encoded via VFR. As the remuxer reads the timings to the files, when it nits them back together, it gives it a timestamp...so when playing back...you get video freeze with audio playing, or video speedup....as the Tvix tries to read the timestamp and keep the A/V in sync.....with these files, i just use MKV2VFR>AVI and that sorts the issue out.....Now I remember a while back, that Divco said they will support any file format/enocode that the LimHD can play......hence my comment about you Tvix owners needing to apply a little pressure on them and hold them to their word!...

just my 2 cents.

K

Thanx again for the awesome info..

Do you know of any program that can tell me if the MKV is VFR? as this would be awesome, and save time, so I don't try to convert those files...

Do you think that TSREMUX will have problems with VFR files? or 1080 stuff..??

Thanx again..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 290 Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post

Thanx again for the awesome info..

Do you know of any program that can tell me if the MKV is VFR? as this would be awesome, and save time, so I don't try to convert those files...

Do you think that TSREMUX will have problems with VFR files? or 1080 stuff..??

Thanx again..

As this time, I'm not sure how to tell a CFR from a VFR.....I just try MKV2TS 1st, and if it's not playing properly, then I just the MKV2VFR>AVI method.

Re TSremux....it's gone silent for the moment on MKV....so I dont know what method he will use for mkv to ts. If he reads the timestamps for both audio and video at container level and just muxes straight into TS, theres a good chance his method will solve the VFR issue...but who knows. 1080p, that will depend on the Tvix...

Right now, if MKV2TS gives you problems, 99% of the time, MKV2VFR >AVI will solve it...so lobby Divco to support the AVI file that MKV2VFR produces...Tomacro did...

K
post #273 of 290 Old 07-29-2007, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

So....that's everyone Ok now?

K
post #274 of 290 Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 PM

Well, not completely OK for me, still waiting for DViCo to support mkv or MKV2VFR avi's

I've noticed that my video freezes mostly happen with hddvd rips, bluray rips usually work now though... For now I'm happy knowing that I CAN play some 720p movies, and I remain hopeful that either MKV2TS, TSRemux or DViCo come up with a definitive solution in the end.
post #275 of 290 Old 07-29-2007, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggels View Post

Well, not completely OK for me, still waiting for DViCo to support mkv or MKV2VFR avi's

I've noticed that my video freezes mostly happen with hddvd rips, bluray rips usually work now though... For now I'm happy knowing that I CAN play some 720p movies, and I remain hopeful that either MKV2TS, TSRemux or DViCo come up with a definitive solution in the end.

Have you had any response from dvico on the MKV2vfr>AVI's?

K
post #276 of 290 Old 07-29-2007, 11:50 PM

I've tried emailing them, but unfortunately i only got the standard responsemail from them regarding MKV and such: "we're working on it but we don't know when it'll be done. you'll see when it's ready" (in a nutshell )
post #277 of 290 Old 07-29-2007, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've tried emailing them, but unfortunately i only got the standard responsemail from them regarding MKV and such: "we're working on it but we don't know when it'll be done. you'll see when it's ready" (in a nutshell )

That's customer service for you!...at least that's one thing I can say for Tomacro...they are very responsive....new cut of firmware on it's way to me today... ....and it should be a BIG one!!!!

K
post #278 of 290 Old 07-30-2007, 12:20 AM

Yeah, if i had known about the (somewhat) crappy customer service i think i would've given the TViX some more thought, but nevertheless: i'm happy with the device, it does most of what it's supposed to do . They have been working on new firmware lately over at DViCo's, but this last one is about fixing some other bugs first... We'll see where it goes from here

I tried converting a ts that wouldn't play properly to WMV-HD... I might use that method as a very last resort if the file plays properly, but it takes waaay to long to use on a regular basis (10h for a 1h45m movie)...
post #279 of 290 Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, if i had known about the (somewhat) crappy customer service i think i would've given the TViX some more thought, but nevertheless: i'm happy with the device, it does most of what it's supposed to do . They have been working on new firmware lately over at DViCo's, but this last one is about fixing some other bugs first... We'll see where it goes from here

I tried converting a ts that wouldn't play properly to WMV-HD... I might use that method as a very last resort if the file plays properly, but it takes waaay to long to use on a regular basis (10h for a 1h45m movie)...

In summary...you sound happy with your purchase....so that's good!

J
post #280 of 290 Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Sure am... Before i had this media streamer i only watched divx/xvid anyway and it plays that without any probz... Found out yesterday my 10h conversion to WMV-HD didn't go as planned either... It had no sound But that has nothing to do with the TViX, probably some faulty codec on my pc
post #281 of 290 Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sure am... Before i had this media streamer i only watched divx/xvid anyway and it plays that without any probz... Found out yesterday my 10h conversion to WMV-HD didn't go as planned either... It had no sound But that has nothing to do with the TViX, probably some faulty codec on my pc

Codec's.....can't live with em, can't live without em...lol

K
post #282 of 290 Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM

Does anyone know how to convert a regular subtitle file to a subtitle file that will play in sync with a 720p/1080i/1080p MKV movie file (maybe decreasing the frame rate)?

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #283 of 290 Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschang13 View Post

Does anyone know how to convert a regular subtitle file to a subtitle file that will play in sync with a 720p/1080i/1080p MKV movie file (maybe decreasing the frame rate)?

Not sure what you mean as subs in MKV's are embedded...

K
post #284 of 290 Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

The new beta cut for the Lim supports the direct playback of MKV's!....few bugs to iron out, but its there..

K
post #285 of 290 Old 08-05-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:

mkvmerge's man page says this...

For text subtitles you can either use some Windows software (like SubRipper) or the subrip package found in transcode(1)'s sources (in contrib/subrip). The general process is:

1. extract a raw subtitle stream from the source:
$ tccat -i /path/to/copied/dvd/ -T 1 -L | \\
tcextract -x ps1 -t vob -a 0x20 | \\
subtitle2pgm -o mymovie

2. convert the resulting PGM images to text with gocr:
$ pgm2txt mymovie.

3. spell-check the resulting text files:
$ ispell -d american *txt

4. convert the text files to a SRT file:
$ srttool -s -w -i mymovie.srtx -o mymovie.srt

The resulting file can be used as another input file for mkvmerge:

$ mkvmerge -o mymovie.mkv mymovie.avi mymovie.srt
post #286 of 290 Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxmas View Post

mkvmerge's man page says this...

For text subtitles you can either use some Windows software (like SubRipper) or the subrip package found in transcode(1)'s sources (in contrib/subrip). The general process is:

1. extract a raw subtitle stream from the source:
$ tccat -i /path/to/copied/dvd/ -T 1 -L | \\
tcextract -x ps1 -t vob -a 0x20 | \\
subtitle2pgm -o mymovie

2. convert the resulting PGM images to text with gocr:
$ pgm2txt mymovie.

3. spell-check the resulting text files:
$ ispell -d american *txt

4. convert the text files to a SRT file:
$ srttool -s -w -i mymovie.srtx -o mymovie.srt

The resulting file can be used as another input file for mkvmerge:

$ mkvmerge -o mymovie.mkv mymovie.avi mymovie.srt

When you say the source, do you mean the original BluRay or HDDVD disc? If that's correct, then I'm out of luck as I only have the ripped MKV file. I download the regular subtitle file from the internet, some of which run at 23.997 fps and some run at 30fps. That's why I need a way to manipulate the regular subtitle file to work with the MKV file.

Thanks for taking the time and reply. Appreciate your help.
post #287 of 290 Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless68 View Post

Not sure what you mean as subs in MKV's are embedded...

K

Some ripped MKV files don't have subs and I would like to insert the subs in there, but I don't have the original BluRay or HDDVD disc. Some MKV files are captured from HDTV which don't have subs either.
post #288 of 290 Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM

Since the Lim has mkv support now in their latest firmware how about Tvix? Come on divco
post #289 of 290 Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:

When you say the source, do you mean the original BluRay or HDDVD disc? If that's correct, then I'm out of luck as I only have the ripped MKV file. I download the regular subtitle file from the internet, some of which run at 23.997 fps and some run at 30fps. That's why I need a way to manipulate the regular subtitle file to work with the MKV file.

Thanks for taking the time and reply. Appreciate your help.

mkv can hold multiple subtitles at a time. You should be able to just add your additional subtitles using mkvmerge. I'd read the manual for the specific options.
post #290 of 290 Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What method are you guys using to split large TS files (that were created from MKV2TS), to several smaller files??

I have convert several MKV to TS using .86 version of mkv2ts, but find that when I use my normal programs to split the TS files, the split parts (every files after the 1st one), play, but only have audio, no video.. This is true on Tvix, and computer, using media player, nero, etc...

The first file plays perfect on all devices...

I have tried "nullpacketstripper", and TSsplitter...

What am I doing wrong??

If I try other TS files I download for testing, they work perfect... only with mkv2ts, do I have these issues...

Thanx..
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page