A Mac and Windows Movie Wallpaper GUI Generator for Media Players - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1051 Old 02-29-2008, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by superken1 View Post

Sorry to say, but it didnt help.

When I do #6 on your list, for a short while, about a second, I can see the text and wallpaper down in the left corner of the rendering window, the way it should look, but too small. And when it gets resized to fit the larger window it gets cut off.

Same here none of these hints have worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1051 Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel63 View Post

Same here none of these hints have worked for me.

Also under Vista?

Would be also helpful to know the video card and driver version? I'm looking for commonalities which are helpful in replicating the problem so it can be solved.

Guy Kuo
post #363 of 1051 Old 03-01-2008, 02:30 AM

I have a Intel GMA X3100 (Mobil Intel 965 chipset family). driver version: 7.14.10.1409

Windows Vista Business 32bit
post #364 of 1051 Old 03-02-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Kuo View Post

Also under Vista?

Would be also helpful to know the video card and driver version? I'm looking for commonalities which are helpful in replicating the problem so it can be solved.

Yes, I'm running Vista. The video card is Intel(R) GMA 950 with driver version 7.14.10.1409. So it looks like Superken and I have something in common.
post #365 of 1051 Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 AM

First of all I just wanna say that this is a great program.

I Have a few questions.

After everything is created and saved in the movie folder, is there a easy way to open everything up again and editing the files. Now I just delete everything and start over if I wanna make changes.

I am creating all folders and building the structure for my 6500 in my laptop and I am planning to just copying everything to the internal harddrive on the tvix when I am satisfied with structure and so on, is this ok to do? Will it cause issues with the Tvix when doing it this way or is it ok?
post #366 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 AM

I´m sorry to bother you again but how do you get the 6500 to display your created wallpapers? I can see the file (.jpg) inside the folder when the tvix is connected via USB to my PC. But when I try to navigate through my main videofolder I can only see the subfolders with coverpictures OK. Choosing one movie (ie a subfolder) gets me to the black default background even when I toggle icon mode on. No nicely created wallpaper is shown.
Can the 6500 show .jpg files as wallpaper at all? How do I activate it to show the wallpapers in my subfolders? Sorry to trouble you.

Thank you again for a great program,
Best regards,
Schaudin
post #367 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaudin View Post

I´m sorry to bother you again but how do you get the 6500 to display your created wallpapers? I can see the file (.jpg) inside the folder when the tvix is connected via USB to my PC. But when I try to navigate through my main videofolder I can only see the subfolders with coverpictures OK. Choosing one movie (ie a subfolder) gets me to the black default background even when I toggle icon mode on. No nicely created wallpaper is shown.
Can the 6500 show .jpg files as wallpaper at all? How do I activate it to show the wallpapers in my subfolders? Sorry to trouble you.

Thank you again for a great program,
Best regards,
Schaudin

Well, I found out that I had to choose 1280x720 button in setting before I pushed "Render&Save" and delete all the icon.tvix- files. Now it is working like a charm. Thank you, Mr Kuo!!
post #368 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Very good. I was about to point you to Hi-Jack's instructions for using the program with the M6500, but you found the important point.

wallinski72, the program saves two files in each movie folder which are local caches of the art and text you previously obtained or created. If you enable "use local art" and "use local text" the program will recall that information the next time you click upon a movie. That lets you go back and edit without needing to get data from the web.

Guy Kuo
post #369 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The graphics cutoff issue is looking more and more like the graphics processor is running out of video memory. Is there a setting in your BIOS or video driver settings to increase the amount of shared memory which is allocated to the GPU?

Guy Kuo
post #370 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Thank you soooo much for this software. waiting for paypal link... just one question to make things even better... I use a readyNAS to store my video and a macbook pro to copy the data to the readyNAS. Every directory has a .AppleDouble file. (I think from using afp to the connect readyNAS to mac) Is there a way to hide all dot files? Is it safe to delete them?
post #371 of 1051 Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The blasted . and ._ files are a real nuisance to be sure. The ._files are used to store resource fork information (metadata and sometimes executable resources in older programs). Resource forks are gradually getting phased out, but you're right. OSX can make a real mess when it accesses a non-Mac native file system like the readyNAS. You can safely delete the ._files which get put inside the movie folders, but I'd be careful about getting rid of all of them.

If we were in a Mac and Linux world, those . and ._ files would all be invisible, but since we are in a mixed environment, they create clutter. I don't know of a good solution for preventing the litter.

Guy Kuo
post #372 of 1051 Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 AM

Havent found a way to change the memmory settings, but i doubt thats the problem. Having problem on my new computer but working on my friends 2 year old laptop. But I guess vista uses alot...
Anyway, when the gui is running my memmory usage looks like this:
Physical Memory: 2037 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 358 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 266 MB

Thank you for trying to fix this.
post #373 of 1051 Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Kuo View Post

The graphics cutoff issue is looking more and more like the graphics processor is running out of video memory. Is there a setting in your BIOS or video driver settings to increase the amount of shared memory which is allocated to the GPU?

I'm not sure if it can be adjusted, but I want to mention that the program worked fine with an earlier version (not sure which) but stopped working when I upgraded.
post #374 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscoles View Post

Hello guys !

I am a newbie here and the first thing that i want to say is thanks a lot for this nice software ! It is really cool once i enter in a video folder to have a summary, image and infos about the film i am about to watch.

But i have a small problem, i don't know how to enter in icon mode...
On my tvix 4100sh, I have only a video folder that contains folders for the movies. Each folder contains the movie + 4 files that are
folder.jpg
TViX.jpg
coverart.guikuo
synopsis.guikuo

I have read in the post that i have quoted that i should add an icon.jpg
to enter in icon mode. My question is where do i need to add it ?
In each film folders ? And the other question is, what should this icon.jpg contain (an image, which size)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers and help.
regards
2F
post #375 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 06:14 AM

Hello Guy .

Well i have been trying to get the exported HTM to work with my PCH .
So far no luck .
I have also contacted the guy's over at Syabas for help .
They suggested that u checked http://www.networkedmediatank.com/do...load_2007.html
that.
And they also asked if u maybe could join their forum and post it on the User's App Development.
It would be very cool if we could use your prog with the PCH .
They say that their browser should read index.htm and sd_index.htm automatic.
But for me so far no luck with reading the htm files .

Regards

Carlsberg112
post #376 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2farsen View Post

Hello guys !
But i have a small problem, i don't know how to enter in icon mode...
On my tvix 4100sh, I have only a video folder that contains folders for the movies. Each folder contains the movie + 4 files that are
folder.jpg
TViX.jpg
coverart.guikuo
synopsis.guikuo

I have read in the post that i have quoted that i should add an icon.jpg
to enter in icon mode. My question is where do i need to add it ?
In each film folders ? And the other question is, what should this icon.jpg contain (an image, which size)?
2F

The file you need to create is icon.tvix
Just an empty file placed in each folder that you want in icon mode.

Here's a link to a little more info:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post13225268

-Brent
post #377 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 07:13 AM

Hey Guy,

Did you miss my earlier question or is it not possible?- I know you are busy and I'm not trying to be pushy, just curious if it's possible.

Can the program #1- allow the text to move all the way to the left edge, currently it is limited, always assuming that a graphic will be placed on the left side. #2- allow the saving of multiple configurations so that you don't have to recreate each layout. I currently have 3 different layouts that I use and haven't found an easy way to switch between them.

Thanks
-Brent
post #378 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Didn't miss it. There's going to be a major revision of how the program deals with the data fields and text layout. Lots of code segments being built, but I am also in the midst of heavy project obligations.

Guy Kuo
post #379 of 1051 Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 AM

Thanks, appreciate it!

-Brent
post #380 of 1051 Old 03-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks a lot bscoles
I followed your tips from the other thread, but i get something weired...
i am still not getting a presentation like the one in the picture i quoted
only that the upfolder (i haven't inserted another picture for it) is shown
as icon and into my video folder, i still get a list, not a picture for the folder
where my film is contained.
Do you think that i should rename my folder.jpg into 'movie name'.jpg ?
Or maybe this is due to the fact that not all of my film folders do not contain
an icon.jpg ?

thanks in advance for the forthcoming help !
post #381 of 1051 Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 AM

by the way
i also have on the root of my tvix a file called
EDID_FAILED.ted
anyone knows what it is ?
thanks in advance !
post #382 of 1051 Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It is a diagnostic file for you to send to DViCo if you're having trouble with HDMI output.
post #383 of 1051 Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2farsen View Post

Do you think that i should rename my folder.jpg into 'movie name'.jpg ?
Or maybe this is due to the fact that not all of my film folders do not contain
an icon.jpg ?

For the picture you quoted - here is the directory -

and to give you a graphical view of the files-

note that I am using png's, but you can use jpg's The file name of each jpg file must match the name of each media file exactly, except for the extension, of course. You will have to create the jpg for each of the media files as Guy's program only creates the jpg for the folder that you are processing.

-Brent

_
LL
LL
post #384 of 1051 Old 03-08-2008, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Guy,

Thank you for your work, it is absolutely fantastic.

Couple of questions, I'm sorry if it's already been answered. When using both TVIX M4xxx and M6500 with different resolution backgrounds, you recommended using a different file names. I noticed that the tvix.jpg is hidden, but the second file renamed for the higher resolution image is visible in the folder. How do you hide it?

Also, your background image (of the chairs in dark theater) looks good on-screen on the PC, but looks posterized on the TVIX. Is anyone else seeing this?
post #385 of 1051 Old 03-09-2008, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The two file names was more of a suggestion for DVICO as to how to make the M6500 and earlier machines both play nice when both using the same network share. That isn't actually implemented so right now you're forced to make your media work with one resolution or the other. I can only generate the files, but the firmware will need some work to handle two different filenames (one for each resolution). So, nope, can't really hide nor use the 2nd file yet.

Getting things to work really well with the 6500's higher resolution is going to be interesting. The rendering system I'm using isn't coming out as sharp as I'd like for the higher resolution. A big rework of the underlying program is underway. By the time I'm done, we should be able to place text blocks at any arbitrary screen position and render with greater sharpness. Lots of underlying code to go....

Guy Kuo
post #386 of 1051 Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Guy,

Thanks for the answers. I will talk to DVICO about the second name. Anxiously looking forward to your new version.
post #387 of 1051 Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 PM

As a new member of AVS Forums, I first want to say "Hi all".

Hey Guy,

Thanks for such a great piece of software. I just received my 6500 yesterday and I've added tons of art already...

Anyhow, I want to talk to you about a couple of software ideas I have for TGB. I spent a little time today developing some simple graphics for icon browsing, such as "Video", "Audio", "Photo", "DVD Library", etc. In the near future I'll be developing complete 3D background packages that really spice up the TVIX GUI. I'd be willing to share my work with you if you'd be interested in writing a revision that gives the user the option to select 1 of many skins for each folder background/icon, rather than only having the ability to customize dvd covers.

A lot of this will be driven from the support we receive from TVIX. For example, they'd have to implement code that would allow to use different background images based on whether the folder was in icon mode or not. I can't see TVIX adding this, unless we give them a reason to.

If it's a bit much to take on, I'll still be willing to share with the community. My work load is insane at the moment too, so things will happen slowly.

I'm a Crestron programmer for a CAIP company. I'm not a graphic design artist, but I have implemented many custom Pshop designs for touch panels.

PM me if your interested. We can exchange info and I'll gladly send you some samples and ideas.

Take care!
post #388 of 1051 Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Server problem deleted files. I have restored the download archives, but pictures are gone for now.

Guy Kuo
post #389 of 1051 Old 03-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Thanks for a nice tool guy, just what I was looking for. I've noticed a few bugs and thought I'd report them:

1. When the rendering window is off screen (or slightly off) then the portion not visible is not rendered

2. When the cover graphic is square, is is hozizontally centered, and the reflection starts at the point that would be correct for a DVD case shaped graphic

3. There is no 'abort' in the assisted mode. This nearly caused me a sweat at work when the program ran riot on a windows 2003 server with internet connection problems. i don't have an admin password, and every window I closed another popped up in it's place

And finally a 2 requests:

1. play dot com to be included in the web page list.

2. outline colour on the text to improve contrast/readability on multi-colour wallpapers

Thanks. Mike
post #390 of 1051 Old 03-22-2008, 04:46 PM

many thanks great prog.my 4100 has had a makeover n looks pleasing to the eye n no longer gloomy
CHEERS
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page