Delivered - Linksys DMA 2100 Media center extender - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Using divx preview we should be abe to watch mkvs on our extenders. I have installed it on Windows 7 RC7100 but i can only get sound but no image. Did someone tried his?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I can't get my DMA2100 to connect to my HTPC I get the pass code on the extender but on the main PC it acts like it connects but it wont it also shows that little shield icon next to the next button. I dont have internet yet but I cant see how that would effect it since I'm connected to the same PC via a switch.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I think it talks to the mother ship via the internet, so it won't work without it.

Congratulations, first post in 6 years and you got a reply!
Old 11-07-2015, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
I think it talks to the mother ship via the internet, so it won't work without it.

Congratulations, first post in 6 years and you got a reply!
Turns out my new router had the firewall turned on by default as soon as I turned it off it saw the extender working pretty nice now
Old 12-27-2015, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I need something to replace this.. what happens if I watch any HD stuff after awhile the box freezes up with a blocky picture or just a static image which requires me to unplug the power and connect it again when it works it's fine
Old 12-27-2015, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

In my experience, almost every problem with these devices goes back to network problems. Is that possible?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried everything I can't get a video signal at all doing a box reset with the reset button..

So what's the next sure not going to break down on me extender? I already have a very frustrated family member with this Linksys so I need something that will work.. it seems like only the Xbox 360 is left?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post
I tried everything I can't get a video signal at all doing a box reset with the reset button..

So what's the next sure not going to break down on me extender? I already have a very frustrated family member with this Linksys so I need something that will work.. it seems like only the Xbox 360 is left?
Had three of the linksys boxes. Used them for years. Until about 6 months ago. Dumped them all and moved to a second Tivo and a Tivo mini. Now the wife is happy again and I have a whole lot fewer problem to deal with. No Windows PC to continually reboot and reconnecting the extender. The Tivo stuff just WORKS.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post
had three of the linksys boxes. Used them for years. until about 6 months ago. dumped them all ad moved to a second Tivo and a Tivo mini. now the wife is happy again.
I dont want a tivo
Old 01-01-2016, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Are you sure it's not your network? What are the symptoms you are seeing?

As I said before, almost all of the problems I've had with the linksys is related to network. Try hard wiring directly from the router and work from there. Make sure the pc is connected by wire too.

Alternatively an old laptop can share the recorded tv as long as it has w7 and it isn't protected content.

As far as Tivo goes, it just works. I never get a bsod or crash like I used to get with the SA 8300. I needed the MC pc to act as a backup dvr in case my wife's shows did not record. On top of that, they have added so many features to it that I only change inputs for BD playback or for hi res plex playback. The plex client is not that great. It has netflix, amazon, tablet playback, and lots more that I don't use.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

It's not the network I can't get it to come up at all.. no more video output at all.. I can't see nothing.. the only thing that works is the little blue LED.. the tv thinks it's in 600x480 I pressed the reset so many times.. holding it in for 5 seconds does nothing.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 45
What version of windows are you running? The DMA2100 stopped working after Windows XP.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Nope, works fine with w7. I never tried media center until then. It won't work with 8 though, but there aren't many people that went that route.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all, I have D-Link DMA750 and up until a couple of weeks ago all was well connecting to my W7 HTPC, for several years with no issues, but now no matter what I try I can only get an XBOX 360 to connect, I have a feeling Microsoft has nuked 3rd party extenders in W7. Has anyone else experienced this change?
Old 01-23-2016, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a special menu to activate digital audio output via HDMI on the DMA 2100? I just bought one second hand and am missing the included remote. I already had a MCE remote and am able to power on/off, change channels, navigate menus, etc. But there is an initial menu option (the L button on the remote) that I cannot seem to access. I'm using this for the first time tonight and have it connected via HDMI > AVR > HDMI to TV and am only getting stereo on the AVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement