The official DVICO TViX M6500A Discussion - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3481 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post
Rus, I can't answer your question in any case, since my hearing is bad, but the answer probably depends on how you're going to use the player and what with. Will you be playing FLAC, MP3, WMA, or what? Will you be using the TViX' internal DAC or passing one or another digital format to an AVR? IOW, you need to provide more information for anyone to reasonably answer the question.
I too would be interested more info. (I'm just guessing the poster is planning to output via HDMI.)

I personally don't like using my M6500A to handle music files, I find the firmware-based user interface relatively poor for music playback. (I mainly use FLAC.)

I really don't think ANY of those media players is one's best bet for audio playback, particularly for audiophiles. I'm guessing that's particularly true if one plans to rely upon it's internal DAC (though honestly I've never bothered to look at their DACs as I'm a serious audiophile) and use one of the analog outputs.

If someone wants a music-only player and wants audiophile performance, they might be happiest looking at devices designed for music (which could also be found used).

Last edited by coyote2; 02-16-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm gonna use RCA outputs and connect it to my PROTON d540 amp. There are many opinions from audiophiles, that DUNE is very good for music. A friend of mine has very expensive DAC, but in comparison with my E-MU Tracker PRE audiocard, I can't hear a difference. Intergraded audiocard in my Lenovo laptop is not so bad, and audio from my old LG TV (3d led, can' remember the model) was just terible. I hope, that audio files (FLAC and WAV) will sound good....
post #3483 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusnaka View Post
I'm gonna use RCA outputs and connect it to my PROTON d540 amp. There are many opinions from audiophiles, that DUNE is very good for music. A friend of mine has very expensive DAC, but in comparison with my E-MU Tracker PRE audiocard, I can't hear a difference. Intergraded audiocard in my Lenovo laptop is not so bad, and audio from my old LG TV (3d led, can' remember the model) was just terible. I hope, that audio files (FLAC and WAV) will sound good....
Given this I'd guess that your ears would be happy with the M6500A.
But I can't imagine anyone being happy with it's user interface for music.
post #3484 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote2 View Post
Given this I'd guess that your ears would be happy with the M6500A.
But I can't imagine anyone being happy with it's user interface for music.
What's wrong with the interface?
I don't want to make and use any playlists. Is there a possibility when I select first song in one folder, to play all other files?
post #3485 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What's wrong with the interface?
I don't want to make and use any playlists. Is there a possibility when I select first song in one folder, to play all other files?
I spent some time trying, but I couldn't even get it to do this reliably. (That is, it sometimes worked but usually didn't.)

I honestly couldn't figure out how to do much of anything with music files. Perhaps others, perhaps with different f/w versions had better luck. But my experience is that the user interface sucks with music files.
post #3486 of 3492 Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM

As I know, it can't playback gapless audio?
post #3487 of 3492 Old 02-17-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
As I know, it can't playback gapless audio?
I don't know (I couldn't get it to play two files in a row enough times to notice).

p.s. I listened to FLAC and mp3 files. Probably not WAV.
post #3488 of 3492 Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 AM

What does the "Auto EDID" (Video Output Setting) do?

I ask because I'm trying to display files in the resolution of the files (and yes, I've enabled all the Native Resolution settings), but my TV won't do it.

(They display either fullscreen or black screen.)

I'm guessing the issue is with my HDTV (Samsung LN40A550P3FXZA), who's most relevant setting ("Just Scan") isn't giving me native resolution.
post #3489 of 3492 Old 03-27-2016, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 26
EDID is the information returned from the display device (your Sammy) about its capabilities. Ideally, that will keep the TViX from sending stuff in formats that the TV can't display. I'm guessing that the native resolution that causes your black screen is 24 Hz refresh.
post #3490 of 3492 Old 07-26-2016, 12:35 PM

does "Analog (PCM)" setting affect digital outputs?

Does the output from the M6500's (coax and optical) digital outputs change when one changes Audio Setup between "Digital" and "Analog (PCM)"? I hope and I'm guessing not (since after all they are DIGITAL outputs).

For years I've had Audio set to PCM because my TV needs that (the TV remains connected via HDMI).

I recently got and connected (via the digital coax output) a soundbar which I'd like to get the digital signal. (Incidentally, can the M6500 output multichannel sound as my 5.1 soundbar would like?)

Sometimes (nighttime when I want to connect to my TV's headphone port) I still want to use sound from the TV.

I'm hoping there's no need for me to change the Audio Setup back and forth from Digital to Audio daily.
post #3491 of 3492 Old 07-26-2016, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm pretty sure that the audio stream is the same in both the HDMI and the separate digital output. So if your TV doesn't handle other than PCM, you'll have to toggle between digital (i.e., the input file format) and PCM to get the two modes that you want.
post #3492 of 3492 Old 07-26-2016, 01:21 PM

Thank you very much once again for your help, TPeterson!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page