Worth waiting for Black Friday for an HDTV this year? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-28-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know it's early, but curious if anyone has any insights or guesses yet as to whether the holiday shopping season will be worth waiting for this year? Our primary TV, a 6 yr old 32" Toshiba CRT died out this week. I had hoped to get another year before switching to HD, but I find myself suddenly in need of a new set.

Because of several other things that have hit the past two weeks, I find myself needing to be price conscious, so am wondering if I should pick up a cheap 27" RCA SD in order to hold us over until the end of the year deals start kicking in, or just pick up one of the lower priced models that seem to be floating around right now (37" Westinghouse from buy.com or 42" Panny/Samsung plasmas).

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
considering what happend last year and the economy now, I would get one right before BF. Mostly the good brands arent on sale that day. You will probly find one you want very discounted before then. I mean you can now get a 42 plasma for 899 for a panny or sammy. ive seen them at 799 last week some places. I would buy anytime knowing most places have a price match that would carry over the next month or so.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page