Standout Designs picture thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 330 Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Now that it's June, the sale at Standout Designs is over. Just thought I'd close the loop from my previous post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 330 Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Liked: 10
If you call them they will likely still give you that pricing.

I have had my Majestic for about 2 months now. I am very satisfied with it. The website shows only one fan on each side, but it actually has two.
post #153 of 330 Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 AM

I am struggling between the Majestic and the Grand XL. My room is sort of oddly shaped in that there is a space in the wall that is clearly a cutout for a built in cabinetry. That's where I have my TV stand right now. I have--Apple TV, PS3, Wii, XBOX360, Yamaha RXV-2500, DVR to fit in the stand. I think I can do it in the Majestic and I like the look of it, but the Grand has a bit more room. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to decide. A little help.
post #154 of 330 Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 AM

Even if you are able to fit 6 devices in the Majestic (which I doubt) they'll be most probably overheating despite the cooling fans. Several things pro the Horizon: room to expand, option to add more room in the back with the back extenders, more room for centre speaker; con the Horizon: you have to buy the Whisper II kit separately.

Another thing to consider is the height of the cabinets - the Horizon is higher than the Majestic.

Hope this helps.
post #155 of 330 Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 PM

I have the Majestic and currently have denon 2311, Toshiba HD-A3, PS3, Panasonic BDT-210, Wii, Motorola DCX3400 and don't have any problems with heat (PS3 and Receiver on opposite sides).
post #156 of 330 Old 06-25-2011, 04:14 PM

The Yamaha will get much hotter than the Denon (I have 2311ci as well, BTW) and I have no idea how much heat the DVR will be generating. I have Cisco/Scientific Atlanta and a BDP on one side and the fans are almost always on! Anyway, the heat is something to be considered.
post #157 of 330 Old 06-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Liked: 11
Does anyone here have a Pioneer Elite SC-27 receiver in a majestic grand? The spec measurements for both would make it seem it would fit, but I'm not sure once you add the cables.
post #158 of 330 Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Standout is doing Free Super saver shipping till 7/25. Finally pulled the trigger tonight on the N702XL can't wait for it to show up.
post #159 of 330 Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Stand came in today, way quicker than I thought. It is amazing quality, I am extremely happy with it, definitely something that will last a long long time. It looks great with the rest of the furniture we have. Can't wait to transfer all my equipment over.
LL
post #160 of 330 Old 08-13-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post

Stand came in today, way quicker than I thought. It is amazing quality, I am extremely happy with it, definitely something that will last a long long time. It looks great with the rest of the furniture we have. Can't wait to transfer all my equipment over.

It looks fantastic. Is that the clear glass or gray glass?
post #161 of 330 Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John WL View Post

It looks fantastic. Is that the clear glass or gray glass?

Thanks, It is the gray glass.

My fan kit arrived yesterday and I got those installed, they were back ordered when I originally ordered the stand, very impressed with them. I also had a friend of mine cut a piece of glass for the top so I don't have to worry about potential scratches. I think it looks really nice with the glass on top.
LL
post #162 of 330 Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post

Thanks, It is the gray glass.

My fan kit arrived yesterday and I got those installed, they were back ordered when I originally ordered the stand, very impressed with them. I also had a friend of mine cut a piece of glass for the top so I don't have to worry about potential scratches. I think it looks really nice with the glass on top.

Thanks for the reply. This seems to be the only cabinet out there that will fit my large center channel speaker. The workmanship and finish look first rate. Now, if I can only convince the wife .
post #163 of 330 Old 08-17-2011, 05:56 AM

Liked: 12
I love standout designs but are a little to expensive. I'm having a custom piece built for me based on the Horizon N702 XL. This piece will only cost me $800, half the cost.
post #164 of 330 Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John WL View Post

Thanks for the reply. This seems to be the only cabinet out there that will fit my large center channel speaker. The workmanship and finish look first rate. Now, if I can only convince the wife .

I could have my wife call your wife, and tell her how much she loves it. She initially balked at the cost as well, but it looks so great, and hides all my equipment and wires she now loves it too.
post #165 of 330 Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney78 View Post

I could have my wife call your wife, and tell her how much she loves it. She initially balked at the cost as well, but it looks so great, and hides all my equipment and wires she now loves it too.

Haha...That sounds like a great idea. But, if that actually happened, I would be hung out to dry sleeping in the guest bedroom for a month I will get her to come around to my thinking. Eventually, she will want something that will give me a little "leverage" in our negotiations.
post #166 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 AM

Just got my Horizon N702 XL today and I love it. Looks amazing and has tons of room.

However, my remotes seem to struggle with the gray glass. Anyone else have any problems? The harmony one only works about half the time (I am going to try to mess with the settings to increase the repeats), but even the standard remote that came with the DVR stops working. If I open the doors then it works just fine.
post #167 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctumsolitude View Post
Just got my Horizon N702 XL today and I love it. Looks amazing and has tons of room.

However, my remotes seem to struggle with the gray glass. Anyone else have any problems? The harmony one only works about half the time (I am going to try to mess with the settings to increase the repeats), but even the standard remote that came with the DVR stops working. If I open the doors then it works just fine.
All my remotes work perfectly through the gray glass. Harmony One, DirecTV, Blu Ray, DVD, AVR and PS3 via the Logitech remote. I am approx. 14 feet from the N702. Do you possibly have direct sunlight bearing down on the glass ?

- John
post #168 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhacker View Post
All my remotes work perfectly through the gray glass. Harmony One, DirecTV, Blu Ray, DVD, AVR and PS3 via the Logitech remote. I am approx. 14 feet from the N702. Do you possibly have direct sunlight bearing down on the glass ?
I keep the shades closed almost all the time, especially in the afternoon when the sun would be shining directly onto the tv/stand (otherwise the glare would be horrendous). There might be some direct sun in the late afternoons from the bay window of the room next door. I didn't have any problems with the slightly gray glass of my crappy old tv stand in the same location.

With that being said, I was having problems at night as well. I am 10' from the stand.
post #169 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 AM

This makes me wonder if Standout has somehow changed the glass.
I bought my N702 in 2009 and there is no difference with the doors open or closed.
Might be worth giving them a call.

- John
post #170 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctumsolitude View Post

With that being said, I was having problems at night as well. I am 10' from the stand.

I have the gray glass and I don't have any issues with my H1. The only case when I had issues was caused by the lights in the room, which were shining directly into my equipment, but this was an issue even with the doors open.

Just give them a call and see what they'll say about this problem. I have excellent experience with their support!
post #171 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbi View Post

I have the gray glass and I don't have any issues with my H1. The only case when I had issues was caused by the lights in the room, which were shining directly into my equipment, but this was an issue even with the doors open.

Just give them a call and see what they'll say about this problem. I have excellent experience with their support!

Thanks guys. Definitely sounds like an abnormal situation. I gave them a call and they will have a manager call me back on Monday (they are out on vacation). I am going to tinker with it this weekend and see if I can't pinpoint the problem.
post #172 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Just a thought: Have you tried without the glass panels? If the frame is obscuring the IR eyes you'll have issues without the glass with the doors closed. It should be very easy to test this.
post #173 of 330 Old 08-19-2011, 08:22 PM

Figured it out! My recessed lighting was stopping the cable box from receiving the IR (that is why it was particularly bad at night). I moved it as high as I was willing to go and the IR reception is greatly improved. At least it is next to the fans and the temperature sensor is right near it.

The frame was probably part of the issue. I generally moved things a little farther back and that definitely helped. I imagine this also helped block some of the sunlight from hitting it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, and also a thank you to the Standout Designs people who offered up their suggestions as well.
post #174 of 330 Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 AM

Great! My problem was caused exactly by the same halogen bulbs used with recessed lights (although mine aren't recessed)! Apparently these bulbs produce a lot of IR noise.
post #175 of 330 Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 PM

FYI if anyone is looking for a deal on their new line, they have some of their photo samples discounted.

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/store...amples-c37.htm
post #176 of 330 Old 09-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig9r View Post

FYI if anyone is looking for a deal on their new line, they have some of their photo samples discounted.

http://www.standoutdesigns.com/store...amples-c37.htm

I've had my wood samples about a month now, waiting patiently.... yesterday I bought the photo sample 62" Haven in cherry. I chose clear glass. They just put pics up a day or two ago, only one of each size/color combo available, but half the 72's, almost half the 62's and 82s are already gone!

Besides the discounted prices and shipping promo, I think it's really smart they've included vented shelves and fans as standard configuration. It was nice to have it all bundled together vs. a la carte.

Alan was really easy to work with, as promised.

Can't wait.
post #177 of 330 Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willybguy View Post
I've had my wood samples about a month now, waiting patiently.... yesterday I bought the photo sample 62" Haven in cherry. I chose clear glass. They just put pics up a day or two ago, only one of each size/color combo available, but half the 72's, almost half the 62's and 82s are already gone!

Besides the discounted prices and shipping promo, I think it's really smart they've included vented shelves and fans as standard configuration. It was nice to have it all bundled together vs. a la carte.

Alan was really easy to work with, as promised.

Can't wait.
Hi - My first post here. I am looking at the Haven and wonder how you feel about it? It's a little taller than I want but I like the style of the cabinet. Do you have a pics you could post? I am choosing between the Haven and the Horizon. Thanks in advance!
post #178 of 330 Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 PM

Seems like the only Horizon N702 model they have now is the XL? What's the difference from the model they use to make?

And Also does it come in Espresso on Ash? I don't see it as an option, but I've seen pictures of it before in this configuration. The Espresso on Maple looks too red or warm for my tastes. I am looking for a cooler dark chocolate color to match the rest of my furniture.

Also for the Gray glass on the doors, does this just mean the glass has a tinted look to em?
post #179 of 330 Old 12-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiz View Post

Seems like the only Horizon N702 model they have now is the XL? What's the difference from the model they use to make?

And Also does it come in Espresso on Ash? I don't see it as an option, but I've seen pictures of it before in this configuration. The Espresso on Maple looks too red or warm for my tastes. I am looking for a cooler dark chocolate color to match the rest of my furniture.

Also for the Gray glass on the doors, does this just mean the glass has a tinted look to em?

You may want to call and ask about the non XL version. I have the walnut finish, which looks like a dark chocolate. The espresso is not going to look as brown. You should request the free color samples. The gray glass does give a tinted look. I prefer the tinted glass to help dim the effect of any devices with displays; even those with a dimmer this helps.
post #180 of 330 Old 12-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiz View Post

Definitely ask for the wood samples! It really make a difference when you see them in person and try them under different light!

The gray glass is tinted with gray, but it looks more like black when the doors are closed.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System , Salamander Designs , Sony , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page