post #241 of 330 Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaptech View Post

Is that grey or clear glass?

Grey. I like it since it helps "hide" the equipment a bit, but you can still see the displays and see what is on or off. If you wanted to completely hide, I'd almost consider a couple pieces of black glass cut to size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 330 Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
I just ordered the N702 XL.
I'll post pictures after I get everything set up.

I got a photo sample with the shipping special. What a great deal.

Mike

post #243 of 330 Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Are the knobs fairly standard - easy to remove/replace? Curious if I could swap them out for something in Iron, rather than the Brass/Bronze/Nickel options they have.
post #244 of 330 Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Are the knobs fairly standard - easy to remove/replace? Curious if I could swap them out for something in Iron, rather than the Brass/Bronze/Nickel options they have.

Yes, they are. The stand itself actually arrives with the handles and knobs unattached. The measurements are even given on the product page. For example, the Horizon XL says that the handle for the drawer is 5" C-C (Center to Center). That will give you the information you need to buy a replacement wherever you like. You may need to also get the right bolts and washers to install the handle though.

It's also worth noting that their handles are pretty much all off-the-shelf parts that I can find at a place like Home Depot.
post #245 of 330 Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Liked: 13
Sale is on right now... Enjoy
post #246 of 330 Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

Sale is on right now... Enjoy

Looks like it is only the 72" Haven on sale, but that's still a good deal cheaper. I found out too late that they will do stains other than what are listed if asked. They posted a pic of the Rosewood on Walnut version of the Haven, which looked really good. Told them that they should offer Rosewood on Maple as an option, and they said they already do on request.
post #247 of 330 Old 04-18-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks!

Looking at the Haven, but might be a bit before I buy. Last month was new road bikes for me and the Mrs.

Seems like it'd be a good match for our coffee table with the blocky feet - need to order the wood samples. Then just add more rustic knobs/handles.
post #248 of 330 Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post

Thanks!

Looking at the Haven, but might be a bit before I buy. Last month was new road bikes for me and the Mrs.

Seems like it'd be a good match for our coffee table with the blocky feet - need to order the wood samples. Then just add more rustic knobs/handles.

One thing I might recommend if you are looking to match that table...

They've commented to me that a custom stain is a possibility. So if say, the Espresso isn't quite close enough for your tastes, you might be able to get them to do a slightly different one for a little bit more.

I wound up ordering a couple more pieces from them, as it wound up being more expensive (for the number of pieces I wanted) to make it locally, than eat the shipping. Weird but true. I'll have to post a couple more shots that include them to the thread later tonight once I've had time to clean and finish assembly of the shelves.
post #249 of 330 Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Liked: 13
My Haven is arriving tomorrow... Any advice as to what to put where in the cabinet? Any other advice?

Thanks!
post #250 of 330 Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

My Haven is arriving tomorrow... Any advice as to what to put where in the cabinet? Any other advice?

Thanks!

I'd leave the heaviest stuff on the bottom, even if it is your AVR. The shelves are glass shelves, and even if they are rated for 50lbs, if you can avoid testing that rating, all the better.

As for layout, it probably doesn't matter too much. if you want to keep heat to a minimum, then I'd plan it out so that you have roughly one component in each compartment powered at a time. For example, I have my AVR and DVR in one, and my game consoles in the other. The AVR, PS3 and 360 are the biggest heat producers, and so for the most part, I don't have two big heat sources turned on in a single compartment at the same time. Makes the fans do less work, and makes less noise as a result.
post #251 of 330 Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM

Liked: 14
Pics attached of my 62" cherry Haven. Compact but great capacity; 55" flat panel, AVR, PS3, Wii, Klipsch fronts & (RC-64II) center. The wood has started to age a little bit, just gets better looking with time.

Went back and forth about center in cherry or black. The Haven is made for a reference quality center, I'm glad I went cherry. I usually keep the grille on, but i've taken it off while watching a movie... it's amazing sounding and looking.

Vented glass shelves are heavy, and really nice build quality. An extra pair of hands is very helpful getting the shelves properly seated on the clips - seriously - they are HEAVY. In a good way.

Door and drawer pulls in bronze are okay; might look for something different at a home store one day. For now it's fine.

Door glass is much thinner and feels almost fragile. An extra pair of hands is also very helpful for these when assembling - especially the larger of the two pieces. It's bulky, you've got to carefully lower into a slot while getting the first few fasteners turned...

The cooling fans are amazingly quiet! I get up to check sometimes - to make sure they're on - and they sure are.
LL
LL
post #252 of 330 Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post

The stand arrived today. The delivery folks even commented that it was the second stand they were delivering from Standout Designs today. It came right out of manufacturing, so there was some dust and the like to clean out, and the smell of the stain is still quite strong.

But other than that, it is a very good piece of furniture. I'm glad I got it.

Which Espresso is this? Espresso on Oak or Espresso On Maple?
post #253 of 330 Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoysName View Post

Which Espresso is this? Espresso on Oak or Espresso On Maple?

I got the Espresso on Maple. I prefer the smooth feel to the wood surface compared to Oak.

A couple months in with the furniture now, and it is still making me smile when I see it. I've had to deal with customer service twice on small mistakes made by manufacturing/shipping, but things have been addressed quickly and efficiently both times. About the only way they could have done better is over-nighting parts that would have made no sense to overnight out to me.

Also, I'm rather surprised that the sugar maple they are using in the 2012 furniture still is quite fragrant 2-3 months in. It is the same species of maple that is used to produce maple syrup, and so the furniture has a similar sweet smell to it that is slow to fade. Can't really complain though.
post #254 of 330 Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM

Liked: 11
I'm in the process of building a home and can wait to purchase. I'm looking at the Majestic... just wondered how often they go on sale and how good the sale prices are. Thanks!
post #255 of 330 Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They run some sales. I got mine when they were running a sale on shipping and I saved myself $150 total. Go for the Majestic, in my opinion, the 22" height is perfect for a 65" or larger TV.

Alex
post #256 of 330 Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM

hey guys, i have a two year-old black ash N702 plus that is in great condition, and i need to sell it. I have 2 questions, though: 1) how much do you think i should put it up for (i think i paid about $1450 at the end of 2009)? and 2) would you guys have considered buying a used one when you were looking for your's?
I just don't ever see anyone selling them, so i'm having a hard time trying to judge what the market would be for it.

thanks,
nate
post #257 of 330 Old 06-17-2012, 04:46 AM

Liked: 12
I realize this is a "Picture thread" and not a "Owner's thread"/"Issues thread", but I figured with there being owners in here ...

I have an N702 and love it, with one exception:

My center speaker (part of an Onkyo home theater setup) does not fill the space (either side-to-side or front-to-back) of the the center speaker area in the N702.

When the volume gets high enough, there is a resonance vibration and it causes a disconcerting rattle.

The only way I've found to get rid of it is to pull the speaker out and lay it down on the ground, which is highly sub-optimal rolleyes.gif

Have any of you had rattle problems with your center speaker? If so, is there any way to fix it short of getting a larger center speaker that will fill the space?
post #258 of 330 Old 06-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

I realize this is a "Picture thread" and not a "Owner's thread"/"Issues thread", but I figured with there being owners in here ...
I have an N702 and love it, with one exception:
My center speaker (part of an Onkyo home theater setup) does not fill the space (either side-to-side or front-to-back) of the the center speaker area in the N702.
When the volume gets high enough, there is a resonance vibration and it causes a disconcerting rattle.
The only way I've found to get rid of it is to pull the speaker out and lay it down on the ground, which is highly sub-optimal rolleyes.gif
Have any of you had rattle problems with your center speaker? If so, is there any way to fix it short of getting a larger center speaker that will fill the space?

Here are two threads that discuss isolation pads...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1404504/isolation-pad-for-subs

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1385199/isolation-pad-help
post #259 of 330 Old 06-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhydro View Post

Here are two threads that discuss isolation pads...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1404504/isolation-pad-for-subs

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1385199/isolation-pad-help

Ah, I didn't know there were existing threads that discuss this very issue. Thanks Anhydro!
post #260 of 330 Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Just ordered the Majestic e7022 70" Solid Wood TV Console - Cinnamon on Hard Maple/Black / Glass: Gray Tinted ... used the SAVE279 coupon. I hope my 8 5/16" center channel will fit in the center space of 8 9/16". smile.gif
post #261 of 330 Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Majestic e7022 70" Solid Wood TV Console... Cinamon on Hard Maple with Black Knobs and Tinted Glass... Paradigm Sudio CC-490 inside speaker space
post #262 of 330 Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM

I have a quick question: how big are the wire management holes (diameter)?

Thank you.
post #263 of 330 Old 07-25-2012, 04:54 PM

2 3/8" Holes

I was thinking of adding another hole to help with wires, but might just order the back extender which has extra holes. I have the horizon cabinet so it has 2 holes per side and with power wires and speaker wires it is really tight. I upgraded the drawer slides with 16" rails so now the drawer extends fully. I don't know why they went with 14" rails for the media drawer as it makes it difficult to reach game cases at the back of the drawer. With new rails installed I have my cases in vertically and can read the spline easily and reach every case. Only thing needed was $15 rails from the local hardware store and once everything was lined up, pre-drill the holes for the new rails. Took about 30 minutes to install and makes the drawer perfect, how it should have been from factory.
c86f0d4c.jpg
post #264 of 330 Old 07-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info Sdca7718 and that's a great tip about the drawer slides.
post #265 of 330 Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 PM

Was curious if theres anyone who is either waiting for their stand or has recently received one that would be willing to take a picture of the bottom and post (ie the wheels and feet). I'm in the middle of making a stand similiar in design and I'm curious as to how that looks. Thanks Charles
post #266 of 330 Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM

What style would you guys classify the Standout consoles as? Modern, contemporary, traditional, etc.

I'm on a quest to redecorate my living room (again) and the one piece that has to stay of course is my Majestic console in cinnamon. I'm specifically looking to get a new coffee table and book shelves, preferably in glass since the room is small. Any inputs on what would go well with the console would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #267 of 330 Old 09-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post

What style would you guys classify the Standout consoles as? Modern, contemporary, traditional, etc.
I'm on a quest to redecorate my living room (again) and the one piece that has to stay of course is my Majestic console in cinnamon. I'm specifically looking to get a new coffee table and book shelves, preferably in glass since the room is small. Any inputs on what would go well with the console would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contemporary. It is a current design. Modern (capital M) refers to a specific period of design that has actually passed, think of Herman Miller Eames. Traditional is quite old, think crappy wall paper, crown moldings, furniture can be gaudy & antique looking by today's standards curvy pieces w/ elaborate moldings / fancy legs, sometimes metal frames and glass.

Have you though of getting the matching pieces from standout designs?
post #268 of 330 Old 09-06-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post

Contemporary. It is a current design. Modern (capital M) refers to a specific period of design that has actually passed, think of Herman Miller Eames. Traditional is quite old, think crappy wall paper, crown moldings, furniture can be gaudy & antique looking by today's standards curvy pieces w/ elaborate moldings / fancy legs, sometimes metal frames and glass.
Have you though of getting the matching pieces from standout designs?

Thanks. I obviously have lots more reading to do when it comes to interior design.

I did take a hard look at the matching standout pieces and sometimes regret not pulling the trigger when they had their closeout sale late last year/early this year. I have been told by a female friend that the furniture would be too "matchy" and that more wooden pieces would make the room look even smaller, so it may have worked out for the best. My living room as a whole isn't that small, but the layout was bad enough that I was forced to set up the TV and seating area in a ~ 10' X 12' section, so it does tend to feel cramped at times.
post #269 of 330 Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Just ordered the Majestic in natural cherry with black. Had some initial trouble with my order processing but they made it right, and also applied the upcoming November discount to my account (which amounted in $500 savings). W00t! Now just to wait 8 weeks for delivery... Will post ample pics!
post #270 of 330 Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM

My turn, finally after two months.

Rosenut on Walnut Haven 82.

This isn't the final config. I can't get the back panels on the console because I need some 90 degree power connectors for the amps. The roommate will eventually move out and take the large PS3 with him, freeing up some space. Also, my PS3 and possibly the 222ES will have their places taken by an Oppo BDP-105 next month.

The left CD drawer needs some adjustment as it doesn't want to close easily the last 2 inches as if it's catching on something.

Hardware:
Sony 222ES 5-disc SACD changer
PS3 Slim
Emotiva XSP-1 stereo preamp
Dual Emotiva XPA-1 amps (one more XPA-1 and an XPA-2 in the closet for future surround system)
GR Research AV-1 bookshelf speakers (my first speaker project)
Dual Emotiva Ultra 12 subwoofers
APC H-15 surge/power conditioner
Panasonic 42G10 Plasma TV

Console001-sm.jpg
Console002-sm.jpg
Console003-sm.jpg
Console004-sm.jpg
Console005-sm.jpg
Console006-sm.jpg
Console007-sm.jpg
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags