Help adjusting resolution on Samsung XL2370 PC monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-31-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a Samsung XL2370 23 inch monitor. In native resolution, 1920 x 1080, the picture looks great. However, the font and icons are a little too small for me to work with - I think I overestimated the monitor size I needed. Regardless, I have changed the resolution to 1440 x 900. I really like that size for work, but the font is slightly blurry - not terrible - but not as sharp as it should be.

I have updated the driver.
I have checked that the refresh rate is 60.
I am using DVI.

Is there anything else I can do to get the picture sharper at this lower resolution? The monitor should support it, right?

I don't know how people work on a PC at 1920, it's just really hard to see - IMHO. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anytime you send other then a displays native resolution to a monitor or TV the text will be blurry since it has to be scaled from what you sent it to its native resoluton since it can only astually display at it's fixed pixel native resolution.
There are several different says to increas the size of icons. text etc in windows so that when using a high resoluton the objects do not get too small. If not using Windows 7 changing the DPI(dots per inch) to be used with the display is the easist.
Windows 7 has some other methods that do an even better job then changing the DPI since changing the DPI does not apply to all content.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page