post #31 of 35 Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMA; View Post

Here is a very good review of the LG 15EL9500. It has an outstanding picture quality. It has also an better viewing angle than Sony´s OLED-TV´s (it´s more a Sony problem). From the start OLED will be much better in picture quality than Plasma and LCD!

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1289487180

The LG 15EL9500 is a tiny OLED. One of the OLED problems has always been making them in bigger sizes.

Plasma and CRT have better viewing angle than OLED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor; View Post

^^^ correct... we have to correctly identify what is inherent to the tech and what is an implementation issue.

For eg 8mile13's link to this article talks about black crush and white clipping. That is not an OLED issue. That is a Sony issue

There was one comment which pointed out that the PVM was not a grade one monitor so its probably a problem with the cheaper versions, kind a like buying a $500 Panasonic Plasma instead of a $3000 Pioneer Plasma
post #33 of 35 Old 01-04-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbalEd View Post

There's way too much speculation and guessing posing as fact here. Try some reality by reading what's real about OLED tech and LG's upcoming OLED TV at:

http://hdguru.com/us-version-of-lgs-...t-photos/6945/

Looks like I should replace AVS with hdguru in my home page

We have been talking about LG 55" OLED since last week and speculating about it since October in the OLED thread. Just saying.
post #34 of 35 Old 01-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMA View Post

No. OLED has the best motion handling of all flat panels. They can implement without problems 240Hz + Dark Frame Insertion at the same time to reduce sample and hold and flickering to zero!

IMHO frame interpolation doesn't work and I doubt it ever will be sophisticated enough to satisfy the most demanding enthusiasts (like me).

I hope they can make motion better with BFI. On the other hand, OLED displays are dimmer to begin with (compared against LCD/LED) and it's not entirely sure whether they're equipped with APL circuits to cut down energy consumption and heat production. And like we already know, BFI will reduce the brightness.
post #35 of 35 Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collusion View Post

IMHO frame interpolation doesn't work and I doubt it ever will be sophisticated enough to satisfy the most demanding enthusiasts (like me).

I hope they can make motion better with BFI. On the other hand, OLED displays are dimmer to begin with (compared against LCD/LED) and it's not entirely sure whether they're equipped with APL circuits to cut down energy consumption and heat production. And like we already know, BFI will reduce the brightness.

I suspect that the stacked WOLED arrangement, which prevents light loss, will produce greater brightness than previous OLED designs.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page