LED/Local Dimming vs Plasma for gaming, etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I'm on a bit of a budget and wanted a good no worries LED for gaming and blu rays and went with the very reasonably priced LG 42LV3500. Reviews were pretty solid for color, clarity, brightness and bang for buck.

Of course, when I took it home, I noticed the lighting around the edges of the screen during complete black or dark pictures. Motion actually is pretty good on this even at 60hz I think their tech is pretty good for motion.

So I did even more research. I was all ready to ditch this TV and get the LG 50PV400. I read all the reviews on plasmas and decided for a finicky guy like me, that only Plasma would satisfy me for the right price (around 600-700 no more than 1000 bucks). Then I read a site that absolutely crushed this TV and they (tvinformer I believe) who run tv's through a series of unbiased tests and this one failed miserably on many levels.

So my big questions is, are there any affordable local dimming LED's on the market right now? Or just I just buy a plasma, do all the annoying things I have to do to prevent burn in or excessive IR and be done with it.

A no fuss, affordable, deep black level, good motion, clear, crisp, bright flat screen under 1000 bucks. Help me out. Does such a thing even excist in the LED world? Or is Plasma the only answer for cinefiles and gamers on a budget...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The 2012 plasmas should be out soon, may want to wait for those.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page