post #31 of 31 Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio/videoman View Post

Uh, no. The civic and the corolla are both an abomination. The cost cutting ACROSS the line in every brand is truly horrific. The entire lexus line for that matter is an exercise in cost cutting of materials. Both Honda and Toyota are making cars so embarrassing I would never ever consider buying one of either.

This has taken place in bicycle manuf as well. The features and weight and engineering are superior. But then again, a "mid priced" bike has increased 3X or 4X in 15 years. I've been looking at specs and test riding bikes over that entire time.

Very few people realize or care how cost cutting in quality of materials has affected production. There is literally NO SUCH THING as a desk made out of wood these days. Everything is made of particle board.

And don't even get me started on customer service. If you can get someone on the line, it is almost certain you know 10X as much about the product as they do.

We will get higher res. tv's for sure, but the quality of materials is going to be drop for sure as well.

just bought a new chevy last year and it is anything but junk. it's quite fuel efficient, has so many features i haven't figured them out yet, and the interior is well made and very ergonomic. it is clearly superior to the 8 year old car it replaced. so i must disagree with you that new cars are just a bunch of cheap materials thrown together. your comparison of cars to ce just doesn't add up.

now if you want to talk about regular household goods and appliances, i do agree that we are getting junk. most of the household goods made in china are crap. anything you buy at walmart will last a year or two before issues arise. but i don't see ce doing the same. there's pretty darn good quality control on most displays, and i haven't seen a tv set just plain fail since sony experimented with lcos without doing their due diligence.

neflixis our nemesis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page