something else 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry but this will be kinda long with lots of questions, I am a noob.

I think I have narrowed down my choices to the :Panasonic st or gt30 65", Sharp 632 or 732 (733 at costco) 70" or LG6500 65". Unless there is another option I am not seeing.

It must be 65" or larger, 3-d is not a must but would be cool. Budget must be around $2500 or lower. My lighting is kinda controlled. Viewing angle is not a concern nether is sound (running a Denon 2112 receiver) Thickness or appearance of bezel is not a factor. I will NOT be gaming on it and I already have a BR player that has all the inter-web-net stuff on it.60% would be standard dvds. 30% blu rays and 10% streaming crappy netflix.

I know it's probably hard to figure but the most important factor would be reliability. I want something that will last and be maintenance free. My 60 rp sony lcd is going on it's 3rd bulb and at $100 a pop, I am done with it. Every time we want to watch a movie, we have to discuss it because I don't want to burn out the bulb and then I worry about the fan cooling the lamp off ect, ect

From all the research I have done on these forums, it seems to boil down to person preference. I had the chance to check them out in person yesterday at a best buy.
The sales person didn't help at all and I think I may have even known more than he did.

The Lg was a 65" but he said it wasn't the 6500. It was in the magnolia dark room and it looked great except that when it went to a black screen, I saw a considerable about of light bleeding around the edges and it was more of a blue gray than a black. I like the idea of passive 3-d much better than active but I haven't really been able to test 3-d out on a TV. I have read that the 6500s PQ is not as good as others and suffers some dirty screen effects...

The Sharp 632 caught my eye only because it was big and was around $1900 at cost co but it seems that those are hard to find and are replaced by the 732. I think it was the 632 that best buy had on the wall. It was bright, very bright almost unnaturally bright. I didn't see the diamond pattern people complained about and I REALLY had to struggle to see the darkened corner problem. I kinda saw some imperfections/blurring when there was motion but not that bad.

Right above the sharp was the Panasonic st30 65". The first thing I noticed was that it was noticeably dimmer. In fact, it looked like the dimmest tv in the store. The tones looked more "film like" and natural. It just looked "smoother" to me almost like there was some anti aliasing going on or something. It didn't "pop" like the sharp did but it looked better to me if that makes any sense. Aside from the dimness, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I have read about a slight fan noise in the rear. Not concerned with the sound but it is in essence, a moving part which means it will fail. Is this something that is easily replaced?

It was hard to tell too because the sharp and panny were being fed the dish network feed that was not hd and it was industrial lighting as opposed to the lg that was in the dark room. The sales person was almost zero help because he kept wanting to tell me about refresh rates and the gimmick of a 4th pixel on the sharp. I asked if the sets were set to "stock" and he said yes. 5 minutes later he said that they were all set to max brightness. Then when I asked about the sets half life, he told me that I could expect a newer tv to only last 5 to maybe 10 years and that the leds may develop dead pixels and the plasma may loose it's "plasma". I can't be doing this again in 5 years, my wife already wants to murder me.

Can someone comment or push me in the right direction with my decision? Is one tech more prone to failure than others? Will the panny plasma "lose" it's black levels noticeably over time? Is there any maintenance on these newer sets aside from cleaning the screen? Will one tv make standard dvds look better than another? I am pretty sure that the panny had 2-d to 3-d conversion. Is that something that is used often?

Every once in a while I get an email about one of these tvs going on sale and now that I am actively looking, I want to jump on it next time it happens. Sorry for the long post, I just want to make the right decision. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If you can make it work:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666327045
post #3 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

"Budget must be around $2500 or lower. " Over 5 grand is not "around $2500" that's over double. LOL
post #4 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If the lg was in magnolia it should most definitely be the lw6500. It is the only 65" lg that best buy displays.
post #5 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

There were some numbers on it but they didn't say 6500. It was pretty impressive. When I asked if the tv was the LG 6500 with passive 3-d he said "None of lgs tvs are passive 3-d and we don't care the 6500, that's an old model" So everything they said after that, I took with a very small grain of salt. The thing is, if all of them were in that dark room with the 1080P signal, they probably all would have looked awesome. I just can't decide.
post #6 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
1-LCD or in the case of what you've been looking at LED lit LCD sets do have higher maximum light output than plasmas, which is why in a brightly lit showroom they stand out more than the plasmas. What you have to consider is whether you need or want that much brightness in your home environment. In most cases a plasma that looks dim right next to an LED in the showroom has plenty of brightness for your own home. Chances are that any plasma you purchase will be at least as bright as your current rptv on it's best day.

2-Plasma handles fast motion better, has better screen uniformity (and virtually none have pink or green globs as someone is bound to post here), maintains the same black levels and color intensity regardless of viewing angle.

3-the "buzzing issues" you've read about are not from cooling fans. Most people don't hear any buzz at normal viewing distances, might be audible from very close distances.

4-there is no "plasma" to leak out, nor are lcd pixels prone to fail after a period of time--dead pixels, if any, are there right from the start. The incidence of dead pixels is very rare, but just as likely with plasma as with lcd.

5-"rising blacks" are virtually a thing of the past with plasmas. At their worst they were mostly detectable with high-tech light meters rather than being something the average non OCD owner would notice.

6-LED sets will consume less electricity, something on the order of maybe $15-20 a year.
They also produce less heat, but don't believe people who say you can get burns from touching a plasma screen--that's total bs.

7-In normal use a Plasma won't suffer burn-in. If you use the set solely for sources with stationary images that remain onscreen in the same place you can get burn-in, otherwise the worst that happens is temporary image retention--looks like burn-in but disappears after a while, happens less as the set ages.

Steve S.
post #7 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Voted something else: The 80" Sharp.

Other than off-axis viewing, it is very nice. (Retired my 6 year old Panny plasma.)
post #8 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
The Panny has a Glare problem , go with the Sharp's semi matte , Costco has a great Deal on the 732 & 734 $500 off back lighted mid priced 2011 models..
the 2012's that are mid priced Sharps are edge lighted model except for the Top Model & that's outta your budget

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #9 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I could afford the 80", thats almost double the price. I may have to make a tip to costco soon.... Anyone know their price on a 2011 back lit 70"? They don't give their prices on the phone and the website doesn't show much either.
post #10 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post

I wish I could afford the 80", thats almost double the price. I may have to make a tip to costco soon.... Anyone know their price on a 2011 back lit 70"? They don't give their prices on the phone and the website doesn't show much either.

this one .... Free shipping so order it now before they are gone .. this is the 2011 quad pixel model

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...uctsInCategory

they also have the 632 on site 3 pixel model as well, but no free shipping

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...S&Sp=C&topnav=

Both are Back Lighted Full Array Models

they might be cheaper in store ...

Mike

post #11 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I just spend $1500 on a Panny 65ST30, and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Excellent black levels, excellent motion quality, uniform picture, no defects at all. Excellent 3D, great price.

I was really torn between it and the Sharp 70" (632) for about $300 more, but finally plasma's superior picture quality (motion quality and blacks) won me over... along with that killer price.

I, too, was somewhat blase about 3D, but I also hated to buy a new TV without it... and the Sharp 735 was out of my price range, else it would have been a tougher decision.

I considered the GT/VT models from Panasonic as well, but (a) they were too expensive, and (b) all reports say once professionally calibrated the differences among the three models are very modest. Not worth the significant price jump, IMO. And the cost savings will more than pay for a pro calibrator (which I would have wanted to do for the more pricey sets, too, making them even more expensive and out of my price reach).
post #12 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

See, I read post like these and I'm even more confused! LOL. I think it will be between the sharp and the panny. When I watched them side by side, I got used to each ones picture quickly and couldn't see a clear winner. If the plasma would be as bright as my current rp lcd, I would be thrilled. In fact, I love my tv but it's only 720 p and buying bulbs sucks. Then again, 5 more inches with the sharp would be pretty cool as well.... UGGGG!
post #13 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

See, I read post like these and I'm even more confused! LOL. I think it will be between the sharp and the panny. When I watched them side by side, I got used to each ones picture quickly and couldn't see a clear winner. If the plasma would be as bright as my current rp lcd, I would be thrilled. In fact, I love my tv but it's only 720 p and buying bulbs sucks. Then again, 5 more inches with the sharp would be pretty cool as well.... UGGGG!

This probably won't help you much, but here goes:

One thing that REALLY put me off about the Sharp was the viewing angle issue, in two ways:

1) My seating area is about 9' from the screen. Perfect for going for that immersive cinematic experience. The problem is, with the Sharp, that's so close (given the technologies inherent issues with viewing angles) that the people on the extreme let or right of the sofa actually experience a slight color shift compared to the person in the sweet spot. I walked side to side in from the TV in the shop, at my normal viewing distance, and saw this first hand. This is not something that gets fixed in calibration, it's an inherent problem.

2) I sometimes watch the TV from the diving room, which allows a view of the screen but at a fairly sharp angle. Not critical viewing, of course, but the difference would have been dramatic. With the plasma, there was practically zero problems in this regard.

In order to deal with the problem in #1, above, I would have had to move my seating position back to about 12'. This was actually an option in my room, but at 12', you lose a lot of the immersive cinematic nature of a larger screen even with a 70" screen, so that defeats the purpose, IMO.

My local Best Buy had the Sharp and the Panny 65" set up with one right on top of the other. The color shift viewing angle issue was dramatic from one vs the other... and I have to admit the extra 5" of the Sharp didn't look all that impressive over the Panny. It was there, but not as impressive as I thought. I think you need to go to 73-75" (or more) before the difference over 65" becomes more dramatic.

Panny plasma has better blacks, but the Sharp's black levels probably would have been tolerable. But I really hate the way LCD handles motion. (not referring to soap opera effect) Plasma is just much more natural to watch.

I REALLY wish I could buy a 75" plasma, or a 75" LCD with better blacks and motion capabilities! Sadly, such a thing doesn't exist. Once a ~75" OLED hits the market at an affordable price, perhaps I'll have a target, but until then, I think plasma was the right call for me.

Next step for me is to add a 120" projection screen, then I'll finally have everything covered!
post #14 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed a little of the angle issue but not to bad. The sales person kept saying that the skin tones on the panny looked better and more accurate but after watching the sharp for a few seconds, I got used to it and couldn't tell. It may have been the feed from the dish network doing it but it looked like the sharp displayed more "noise" in the picture. Maybe it was the imperfections of the actors face that the brightness brought out or maybe the panny smoothed it out. The panny was mounted above the sharp and I was at a closer viewing distance to it too so maybe I could just make out more detail.
It's really a toss up. I was hoping that I could demo the 3-d so it would push me over the edge either way. As far as customer service, does Sharp or Panasonic do better if there was a problem down the line?
I did hours of research on OLEDs too and I don't see it happening, at a reasonable price anyways, for a long long long time. Especially for the size I am looking for.
post #15 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Sharp is very good about replacing Displays if defective even after a few years with the extended service plan they will replace with a newer model with like features

Mike

post #16 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I know your pain agent8. So many options and no clear winner!

As an FYI, if you really want 3D and want to stay within your price range, I suggest you follow the Plasma and LCD great deals sub-forums. I, and a few others, just picked up the 65 Panny VT30 for less than your proposed budget.

All it all, going back to your primary factor of reliability and neither technology have much of a variance. LCD and plasma are both very stable platforms.

It's going to go back to what your eyes tell you, and unfortunately show rooms are one of the worst places to get a good sense of what the unit will truly look like in your space. You're hearing great feedback from everyone, and as you move forward on your decision process, ask yourself a few questions, your answers will guide you naturally to the right decision for you.

Do you want a natural, life-like look to your viewing?
Would you prefer a high contrast, bright, color-punchy viewing experience?
Do you plan to watch your tv with friends from various angles of the room?
Is it typically just you viewing it straight on? (you answered this in your first post)
Do you typically watch your TV during the day, with reflections caused by windows and the like?
Or do you spend most of your viewing time in a controlled lighting environment, or in the evenings?

There are more, but just some things to thing about as you move forward.

You made a fairly strong statement in your first post about the 65" Panny ST30, which was "Aside from the dimness, I couldn't find anything wrong with it." Once that TV is in your house, my gut tells me it won't seem dim at all. With your budget, and some light work, you could purchase the 3D version of the TV you appear to be most drawn to and get the best of both worlds.

Either way, regardless if you purchase an LCD (LED) or plasma, you won't have to worry about having bulbs burn out! On the plasma side, I still use my 42" PWD6UY which I purchased 8 years ago!

Good luck with your decision!

-JR
post #17 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^ Yeah I agree with above ..
It depends on your viewing preferences.
LCD's do have a off-angle issues but if your viewing is straight on they are great
day time / high room light a LCD will be better

another consideration is power use the new LED/LCD's use a fraction of the power a Plasma does
the size of the panel is also a consideration as well 70" > 65"
the reflectabilty of a plasma panel's gloss vs a LCD semi matte screen as well .
the new LED/LCD's pretty much have the motion issues resolved I watch a lot of sports on my Sharp & I've never had a issue watching moving footballs ,baseballs (I don't watch Hockey so I can't say there)
all these have to be taken in .

Mike

post #18 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure how accurate the energy guide stickers are but the sharp had like a $22 a year cost and the plasma had $32 annual cost. If that is true, That is insignificant to me. If I am going to drop 2 grand on a tv, I could care less about 10 or even 50 dollars more a year in energy costs. I am kinda talking myself into the panny.

I have west facing window and it does bug me a little in the afternoon when I get spots of light coming through the blinds. I am trying to talk my wife into a blackening film to put on the window. There is already a mirrored, slight tint film on there. Maybe there is an internal shade I could somehow mount between the blinds and the windows. I like watching tv when it is dark so maybe that is an option as well. The panny is in the lead on my pole so I will keep watching and reading. Thanks for all the input guys!
Now I need to see if I can even get $500 for my old Sony 60" rp LCD that I paid nearly 4 grand for...
post #19 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

^^^^ Yeah I agree with above ..
It depends on your viewing preferences.
LCD's do have a off-angle issues but if your viewing is straight on they are great
day time / high room light a LCD will be better

another consideration is power use the new LED/LCD's use a fraction of the power a Plasma does
the size of the panel is also a consideration as well 70" > 65"
the reflectabilty of a plasma panel's gloss vs a LCD semi matte screen as well .
the new LED/LCD's pretty much have the motion issues resolved I watch a lot of sports on my Sharp & I've never had a issue watching moving footballs ,baseballs (I don't watch Hockey so I can't say there)
all these have to be taken in .

Good point on the power usage and reflectability (that feels like a word the firm I work for would use!). Very valid items to consider as you think through your purchase.

These are even more good things to think about, and again the level of impact they have on your decision are based on personal preference. From my take, I have no concern about my power bill, but rightfully so to many that is very important. Reflections don't bother me either, but then again my TV is south facing (SoCal) and we really don't have many reflections. I still have a tough time with LCD motion handling and the overall picture LCD's have. Before I purchased the 65 VT30, my wife and I were trying to convince ourselves to buy the 80" Sharp, since the size and price seem perfect. Unfortunately the more we looked at LCDs, the more we realized that for us there were a few things that unsettled our eyes and impacted our viewing experience.

And that's the tough part - what I've stated above is simply my take - it's very different for everyone. If LCD works for you, get it! If it's plasma, go for that, and don't discount DLP. They're all good technologies, just a matter of what works for your eyes and your viewing experience.

-JR
post #20 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:

I'm not sure how accurate the energy guide stickers are but the sharp had like a $22 a year cost and the plasma had $32 annual cost. If that is true, That is insignificant to me. If I am going to drop 2 grand on a tv, I could care less about 10 or even 50 dollars more a year in energy costs. I am kinda talking myself into the panny.

The Energy Guide is probably pretty accurate for the LCD, a bit less so for the plasma, which you'll run somewhat higher than the settings the sticker is based on. But you correctly concluded the difference is small. It will almost certainly be under $50, unless you watch the TV something like 12 hours per day.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #21 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

I am reading up on a fluctuating brightness problem that the 65st30 sets are having. Is this still an issue? I watched it on youtube and it is very noticeable.
post #22 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am reading up on a fluctuating brightness problem that the 65st30 sets are having. Is this still an issue? I watched it on youtube and it is very noticeable.

No longer an issue. Panasonic fixed it with all builds after roughly August 2011, and if you have one of the earlier sets (old stock), it is a FREE in-home fix... they'll send a tech to swap out the affected circuit board.

Power difference between LCD and CURRENT model Plasmas is a non-issue. Math has been done. You're looking at perhaps $2 per month difference to your electric bill, if that. (and likely less, unless you leave your TV on 8 hours per day... in which case maybe you should consider LCD)

What IS an issue (or, can be) is the pink tint/green blob issue. It's affecting SOME sets. Easy enough to evaluate during your 30-day return period, however. Mine doesn't have the problem (just bought 2-3 weeks ago, but July 2011 build, so old stock). MOST don't have the problem. Those that do are pretty upset, though. Again, though, easy to be sure during the break-in period. I don't seem to have the fluctuating brightness issue, either, for that matter, but I plan to get the part replaced anyway while it's still covered, just in case.
post #23 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

Good point on the power usage and reflectability (that feels like a word the firm I work for would use!). Very valid items to consider as you think through your purchase.

These are even more good things to think about, and again the level of impact they have on your decision are based on personal preference. From my take, I have no concern about my power bill, but rightfully so to many that is very important. Reflections don't bother me either, but then again my TV is south facing (SoCal) and we really don't have many reflections. I still have a tough time with LCD motion handling and the overall picture LCD's have. Before I purchased the 65 VT30, my wife and I were trying to convince ourselves to buy the 80" Sharp, since the size and price seem perfect. Unfortunately the more we looked at LCDs, the more we realized that for us there were a few things that unsettled our eyes and impacted our viewing experience.

And that's the tough part - what I've stated above is simply my take - it's very different for everyone. If LCD works for you, get it! If it's plasma, go for that, and don't discount DLP. They're all good technologies, just a matter of what works for your eyes and your viewing experience.

-JR

the worst thing is comparing the different Tech's in a store as it has so many variables there also , the store lighting ,if the displays are correctly set-up, one tech set-up to look bad just because the other tech is selling badly ,the list goes on ...
. I look @ LCD's in some stores & they look awful next to the plasma sets but Damn in home they look fantastic when they are dialed in correctly .
It's really hard for average Joe to pick out a good display

Mike

post #24 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Cool! That is really good news! I don't think I am supposed to mention a price or place but I found the st30 pretty cheap and someone else in this thread mentioned how much they paid. If I can find it for the price mentioned in post #11, I think that will be a done deal. I can't pass that up for like $500 cheaper than the sharp. I'd be stupid to not go for that! Now I need to convince the wife... LOL
post #25 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

the worst thing is comparing the different Tech's in a store as it has so many variables there also , the store lighting ,if the displays are correctly set-up, one tech set-up to look bad just because the other tech is selling badly ,the list goes on ...
. I look @ LCD's in some stores & they look awful next to the plasma sets but Damn in home they look fantastic when they are dialed in correctly .

Agreed. It's so hard to tell anything with the super bright lights and the dumb salespeople wanting to get my credit card number. Lucky for me, ALL the sets there look pretty good so I thing I will be thrilled no matter what.
post #26 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I sit in front of my display never @ off angles,I like the LCD's due to they are great day & nite ,I have a huge picture window in the room & it's a non-issue with a LCD , I run the display 10+ hours a day , soo take that in as a guide when looking @ the difference ,
A lot depends on You ,
just know everything you can Before you buy OR at least get a good return policy if you have any questions at all, even if the price is slightly higher it's worth it in the long Big Time ! I buy on-line cause I know what works for me , I do a Huge amount of research & face time @ the B&M's .

Mike

post #27 of 34 Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I have been researching for about 4 months. I can't seem to make up my mind.
I bought my 60" sony from circuit city years ago. They told me they could not ship it to my address even if I paid for it. I got it home and even though I was careful as could be, it was cracked in half. When I called to return it, they said that since they didn't deliver it, they weren't responsible. I had to talk to countless managers at different stores and finally had to threaten to sue. As soon as the word "lawyer" came out of my mouth, they had a replacement delivered and picked up the old one making sure the new one worked. Needless to say, I am very cautious about buying another tv.
post #28 of 34 Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

I noticed the st does not have the thx setting. Is that important? Also, what does everyone use for power/surge protection? They gave me a monster surge protector with my old tv is that enough or do I need to use a battery back up or something like that? Something for $100 or less.
post #29 of 34 Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I entirely agree with you, although we only saw the 80' in store, we have a bunch of good friends who are light A/V nerds like myself, so we spent a lot of time fudging around with their LCD and LCD LED tvs. We got close to having a side-by-side viewing, but with only one pick-up truck between the four of us we realized that was a great discussion after a few beers but not in practicality.

I threw DLP up there because one of my buddies swears by his DLP, which really is a nice set but has it's own viewing variations that don't sit well with my viewing wants.

Quote:

I noticed the st does not have the thx setting. Is that important? Also, what does everyone use for power/surge protection? They gave me a monster surge protector with my old tv is that enough or do I need to use a battery back up or something like that? Something for $100 or less.

I can't answer the THX question, but for surge protectors I believe you should be fine. Here is an old, but lengthy thread around surge protectors and plasmas. There may be a more recent one - but this is the first one that popped up when I did a quick search.

-JR
post #30 of 34 Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

My brother in law has the 73" dlp and it is nice but it doesn't even come close to the pq of the ones I am considering, plus they eat up the bulbs. The 80" sharp was mind blowing and if it was even close to my price range, it would be a done deal. That thing is SWEET! Thanks for the link. Everyone has been very helpful so far.

I think I am going to get some black-out fabric and have it Velcro between my blinds and window. The window is reflective on the outside so it won't even be seen. Since it will be pretty dark, I am 99% sure of going plasma. I never use the big tv for casual viewing and I am usually gone or working during the brightest times of the day anyway. I am a big fan of led lights since they run very consistent and they don't have heat like a conventional bulb. Everyone says that plasmas are better looking and although I didn't see much of a difference, If I could get a plasma for near $1500, the price is difference enough.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page