Panasonic 55UT50 vs. LG 47LM6200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am going to be purchasing a new tv soon and am faced with a couple choices. I have always preferred plasma to LCD, but I prefer Passive 3D to active 3D, and I do plan on using 3D. My couch is also 14' from the wall where I will be mounting the tv, and I can't move it much closer, maybe a foot or two, but not more than that, so the size difference (47" on the LG vs. 55" on the Panasonic) is also a consideration. My room is moderately dark and I am planning on getting some blackout curtains for the windows that would be the biggest issues regardless of which TV I get. So what do you all think? 47" Passive 3D LCD vs. 55" Active 3D Plasma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post

I am going to be purchasing a new tv soon and am faced with a couple choices. I have always preferred plasma to LCD, but I prefer Passive 3D to active 3D, and I do plan on using 3D. My couch is also 14' from the wall where I will be mounting the tv, and I can't move it much closer, maybe a foot or two, but not more than that, so the size difference (47" on the LG vs. 55" on the Panasonic) is also a consideration. My room is moderately dark and I am planning on getting some blackout curtains for the windows that would be the biggest issues regardless of which TV I get. So what do you all think? 47" Passive 3D LCD vs. 55" Active 3D Plasma.

Bigger size at that distance trumps almost anything.. If it were me I would get a 65 at that distance or larger for that matter.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 AM

No question get the UT50. Much bigger in size and will have better picture quality with very good black levels. The only concern is that the UT50 is pretty bad with ambient light/ lights in general, as it lacks a filter, but it looks like you've got that covered. In dark conditions the UT50 will have a beautiful picture.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post

Bigger size at that distance trumps almost anything.. If it were me I would get a 65 at that distance or larger for that matter.

I would love a 65" but it is beyond my budget
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
55 will be worlds better than 47, especially for 3D.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page