Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

Your post really added to the thread also.
Great job!cool.gif

Thanks! tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 103 Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 302
Having owned both TVs and keeping the vt50: the brightness issue is moot once you calibrate the TVs they are going to be similar in that regard. I'd advise you look at the ANSI contrast ratio of each calibrated. It is there where you start to see the true capability differences (make sure it's ANSI and not the phony balony number the manufacturers would have you believe). Color accuracy is already proven to be much higher on the vt50 from all the reviews ( you can also validate this by seeing the calibration reports/graphs available in both owners threads). From both those threads you'll also notice an apparent increase in the amount of defective es panels ( some have had to return more than a few in a raw)
post #93 of 103 Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
^Infamous Samdung QC rearing its ugly head.
post #94 of 103 Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

Whatever. But you are ignorant of the qualities of sports on plasma vs lcd.

Like i said, i am not here to rehash the million posts about how horrible people who watch hockey have found new plasmas to be.

Unless you are a world class gamer you wont notice any lag difference.

I realize this post is from quite a while back but I couldn't resist. I watch hockey, probably a game a night, and I've never even remotely had an issue. To suggest that watching hockey or any sport for that matter, is superior on an LCD is absolutely laughable. I can't even begin to explain how inaccurate that assessment is and far off base you seem to be. I know others in the thread have recognized this and addressed it but honestly if you're going to contribute to a thread that involves someone seeking advice, ensure your information is accurate and has some validity. biggrin.gif

And to the thread starter, excellent choice with the VT50.
gus738 likes this.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #95 of 103 Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 116
the notion of the ES vs. the VT is almost laughable! Its not even a contest. The ES just looks bad!
post #96 of 103 Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Since hockey is so fast is there any LCD can handle the motion resolution of it?

Which LCD has the best motion resolution of any LCD ever produced on planet Earth?
post #97 of 103 Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM

Liked: 22
I was told by my cousin-in-law, when she visited us, that plasma TVs blow up, and not to ever, ever buy one because it will explode in your face. She said it matter-of-factly, as if she really knew what she was talking about. I then informed her that she was watching a plasma TV. She did shut up after that. I really think that she represents the average TV buyer. She even works at Costco. Maybe that is where she picked up this nonsense.
post #98 of 103 Old 03-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Liked: 37
Were did you post ur pics...i own same tv 65" and 55" calibrated by kevin miller of tweaktv....also chad b in avs fourms good also...

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #99 of 103 Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I will never be one to tell someone that likes Sports, with the ever present scrolling tickertapes at the bottom, logos all over the bottom of the screen, and that play hours of Video games with HUDS that will burn in after a few years to get a Plasma.

Plasma's are for mostly Film and light Gaming/Sports.

If you love Sports and Gaming, get an LCD.

I have to agree with the rest of you who disagree with David B. I have a Samsung PN63C8000 plasma and a smaller Vizio LCD. I watch tons of sports (mainly hockey) and play video games (PS3, PS4, xBOX, and PC through HDMI) on the plasma. I've had the TV for 3 yrs now and there's not a hint of burn in. Oh, and on channels in 4:3, I do not stretch the image but watch it with black bars. Sorry, no burn in. As most everyone else here has stated, fast motion is one of the strong points of plasma, NOT LCD. To each his own, but making general opinionated comments only goes so far and does more harm than good when trying to help someone make a decision.
gus738 likes this.
post #100 of 103 Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
+1i agree plasma is beter for almost everything ( not outdoors ) lcd are just design to provide text and powerpoint graphs not meant to be a tv display . David b is wrong , even energy use is nothing compared to 8 0r so years ago.

i got a new 60 inch plasma samsung. and theirs really no image retention i played and passed halo4 and saw no ir . i watch tv programing with logos displayed and no ir .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxvfrr41 View Post

I have to agree with the rest of you who disagree with David B. I have a Samsung PN63C8000 plasma and a smaller Vizio LCD. I watch tons of sports (mainly hockey) and play video games (PS3, PS4, xBOX, and PC through HDMI) on the plasma. I've had the TV for 3 yrs now and there's not a hint of burn in. Oh, and on channels in 4:3, I do not stretch the image but watch it with black bars. Sorry, no burn in. As most everyone else here has stated, fast motion is one of the strong points of plasma, NOT LCD. To each his own, but making general opinionated comments only goes so far and does more harm than good when trying to help someone make a decision.

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u

XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
post #101 of 103 Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have a 10 year old plasma running in my living room. I have not had a problem with burn in or image retention. Honestly, I thought that buga-boo was put to bed half a decade ago... rolleyes.gif

-Suntan
post #102 of 103 Old 03-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxvfrr41 View Post

LOL. Vizio.

Hey, let's compare a Ferrari to a Chevette while we are at it hmm?

Anyone want to meet me at the front of a TV store and we'll watch a Football game on a nice bright LED with 240 true motion vs any plasma and see which one you prefer.

I'll be watching the show, you guys will be squinting.

PS. all you that have put me down in this thread can go back and read the ORIGINAL POSTERS question. Instead of making your general dark room comments maybe answer his brightly lit room question instead....

buytme
post #103 of 103 Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Nevermind.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Samsung Un60es8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page