Amazon HDTV Buying Feedback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone have feedback on ordering a brand new HDTV from amazon?

Since amazon has such a great 30day return with free return shipping policy and from posts many have taken advantage of that policy, is it possible when you order a NEW HDTV model (plasma or LED/LCD) from amazon that you might get one of the returned (opened/used) HDTVs from other customers?
Or is it always guaranteed you get a new/unopened unit for their discounted prices?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Amazon has an Outlet Center - don't recall the actual name they use - that sells Returned items.

It is possible to get some good deals there: got a Wireless N usb wifi adapter for less than half the going rate & unit APPEARED to be new - still in original sealed packaging.

Have seen a few posts from people who bought their HDTV through the outlet, and apparently were pleased with the results.

But if you order a New Panel - at least from Amazon Itself (as opposed to a third party selling through Amazon's website) - you should, indeed, get a NEW Panel....
post #3 of 7 Old 06-24-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for that info.
I found the amazon outlet center section on their website, but under electronics category they don't appear to have any HDTVs at all listed.
So I still wonder what happens to all the returned HDTV sets at amazon.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-24-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I bought my 50" panel from Amazon in their clearance area. No issues what so ever. Said there was a blemish on the frame, one that I could never find. Often people come up with excuses to return and item I guess they just ship it to the outlet store with cursory inspection. Got it for a great price.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post

Anyone have feedback on ordering a brand new HDTV from amazon?
Since amazon has such a great 30day return with free return shipping policy and from posts many have taken advantage of that policy, is it possible when you order a NEW HDTV model (plasma or LED/LCD) from amazon that you might get one of the returned (opened/used) HDTVs from other customers?
Or is it always guaranteed you get a new/unopened unit for their discounted prices?

If you buy new from Amazon, it's new. If you buy from their "other options", you will see the occasional open-box situation that is probably a customer return.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ah, I found under the "Used" section under an amazon HDTV listing they show "Amazon Marketplace" and discount it a $100 or so with either "Good" or "Very Good" condition.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 102
"Amazon Marketplace" is a very good option to save a few bucks, but you have to be aware of the fact repackaged units will leave something to be desired.
I like Amazon, but their 'packing' is not the best. frown.gif

One huge plus is their liberal return policy. If it is defective in some way, they will pay for return shipping including home pickup. wink.gif

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page