Best tv for 36" wide cabinet - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just moved into a new house and there is a built-in cabinet in the bedroom that is 36" wide. Our old Panasonic 42" plasma was great at our previous house but won't fit here (too wide).

- I've looked at the 40" Samsung LED's and they are 36 3/8" at minimum.

- The Panasonic TC-L37E5 seems like an option but I can't actually find it in stock anywhere locally or at Amazon.

- The Samsung UN37EH5000F also seems like a possibility and I also can't find it anywhere.

- The 37" Vizio at Costco online must have a serious bezel as it's 36.1" wide.

- There is a 39" Westinghouse at Best Buy that would fit but the rep on Westinghouse is not great and I have a really, really hard time giving Best Buy any of my money. [=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westinghouse+-+39%22+Class+/+LED+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+HDTV/5021547.p?id=1218597399394&skuId=5021547&cmp=RMX&ky=2oh0NrwOl4j1qjMx3Oy2gXfVGhMUl0WiJ&utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default][/]

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Some real cheapies on that list. What did you like best about the panny plasma? Will the tv be watched at night?

Samsung makes a good tv but the eh models have lighter blacks (less contrast in darker viewing areas).

If you can get a 2011 samsung lcd model like the ln-d630 (120 hz) or the ln-d550 (60 hz) it would be a great deal. Edge lit led/lcds often have poor screen brightness uniformity in comparison to lcds and while this years Samsung led models have improved in that aspect they also have lighter blacks. There are some nice Sony sets out there as well like the bx520 and bx420.

Panasonic hasn't made great lcds in the past as their focus is on plasmas and brands like dynex, westinghouse and insignia might have decent picture quality (hit or miss) but your taking a risk with the quality of the product.

EDIT: Looks like Sony doesn't make any 37 inchers.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

Tags
Led Hdtv , Panasonic 42 Inch High Definition Plasma Display , Samsung , Panasonic Viera Tc L37e5 37 Inch 1080p Full Hd Ips Led Lcd Tv , Vizio , Samsung Ln40d550 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl55bx520 55 Inch Bravia Bx520 Series Lcd Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread - L37e5 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page