Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This will be a quick question. I was going to get either of the Samsungs

Samsung - 60" Class / LED / 1080p / 240Hz / Smart / 3D / HDTV
Model: UN60ES7500FXZA

or

Samsung - 65" Class - LED - 1080p - 240Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV
Model: UN65D8000X

both have good ratings which one should I get?

Usage:

TV and sports 60%
Playstation 3 35%
Movies 5%

I am intrigued with projection TV. My first question since I just started looking into them would be are the pictures as good as a LED with a 240hz refresh rate. I like the fact that the screen would be hugh and I would guess they would be in the same ball park as the LED as far as price for the projector itself. I would imagine that cost of the screen would push the price over $3000.00. I was wanting advise either on the top two Samsungs or your thoughts on the projector option.

Really all I want is big screen and great picture quality.

How far is the projector placed from screen?

How ofter are the lamps replace?

How much to replace them?

Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-18-2012, 12:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Don't get the 65", it was last year's model and not especially good. Get either the 60" Samsung ES or a Panasonic VT 65" plasma from 2012.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If I was spending ~$3,000+ on a new display there is absolutely no way that I'm not going for the Panasonic 65VT50.

That set would absolutely destroy either of the two LED's that you mentioned.
post #4 of 9 Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUdukes07 View Post

If I was spending ~$3,000+ on a new display there is absolutely no way that I'm not going for the Panasonic 65VT50.
That set would absolutely destroy either of the two LED's that you mentioned.

+1,000

post #5 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
This Panasonic you mention on amazon and BB have the same ratings? I also am not interested in a plasma. The screen is too dark for the room and although they have come a long way with the burn in effect. If you don't buy it you will not have to worry about it . Also if you are an HD fanatic you may notice a difference but for the average Joe how much better can it really be. I mean I have gone to the stores and the ones I have been looking at at outstanding with different things that I have seen on the screens. I will not be looking at it with a magnify glass like some of these tech freaks.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
It's your prerogative if you want to spend more for less. wink.gif The new Panasonics get plenty bright. Torch mode is no way to watch any TV. BTW, my 2008 Kuro has never exhibited burn-in (and IR that only lasts for mere seconds), so I would say Plasma tech has been pretty stagnant in that regard.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
A projector would only be recommended, IMHO, if you are looking at HUGE screen sizes of 90"+. For example, if you were going to have a HT with a 120" screen, then FP would be the way to go. Having experienced FP at others' homes, I would not recommend it for normal TV viewing unless you'll be able to keep the lighting very dim. A FP looks terrible in normally lit environments even with the best of projectors. BTW, a screen for a FP is going to be costly for a decent one. And a screen has a huge impact on image quality.

I think you'll be more than satisfied with the 60" Sammy or the 65" Panny, unless you really want something bigger.

As for lamps on a FP, I don't think you should expect to replace them often. You'll probably want to replace the projector before the lamp (due to some future technology upgrade). But if you did have to replace one, you're probably looking at a couple hundred dollars, at least.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemgolf4 View Post

This Panasonic you mention on amazon and BB have the same ratings? I also am not interested in a plasma. The screen is too dark for the room and although they have come a long way with the burn in effect. If you don't buy it you will not have to worry about it . Also if you are an HD fanatic you may notice a difference but for the average Joe how much better can it really be. I mean I have gone to the stores and the ones I have been looking at at outstanding with different things that I have seen on the screens. I will not be looking at it with a magnify glass like some of these tech freaks.

These are just myths. PDPs aren't "dark." You'd probably not even be able to tell which is a PDP and which an LCD if you weren't told. And "burn-in" is just a scary bedtime story that LCD fanboys like to spread around the forum. Burn-in isn't possible, except in theory, on any modern plasma and this has been true since before Pioneer stopped selling PDPs.

Having said my peace, if you want LCD then the common consensus is to choose the 60" Sammy over the 65" if those are the two from which you want us to choose.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Hurry! Quick! Buy a 65-inch Panasonic VT-50 before Panasonic gets out of the plasma business and we enter the video sewer of OLED that costs trillions and LCD that SUCKS!!!
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page