Going from DLP projector to TV for PC use, can anyone help me with some fundamentals? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Sadly I have no room for my HD33 Projector at the moment and I'm in need of a TV to replace it. I need some guidance as to what direction to head in. The main and probably only input will be my gaming PC via HDMI. What I am looking for is a similar viewing experience just shrunk down. As it is all PC based, I need a simple TV with better visuals rather than a smart TV where I would be paying for features that I don't need. To make an analogy, when I bought my telescope, my budget allowed me to either get a large aperture scope with a manual mount or a smaller scope with an auto 'goto' mount. The same price but as I was prepared to navigate the sky myself, I went for the larger scope to increase viewing quality. Can this be applied with modern TVs or are they all smart now?

The most important feature is motion performance, the motion of my HD33 is amazing, no blur, ever. Games are smooth and scrolling text on internet browsers is great. My 22" 1080p 60hz monitor is a different story, it annoys me when I scroll up and down as text seems to judder. I will be using the screen as a PC monitor in a lounge from a sofa.

Ideally I need to catch up on TVs a bit, would something like the Samsung 5000 series keep me happy? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE46EH5000-46-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B007JURHG4/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1358846906&sr=1-5

46" would be ideal and under £500, is this even possible to meet my criteria? Which companies supply the best warranties?

Just to add, is my projector so smooth because it is 3D therefore 120hz? I am very out of date with TVs, I remember when 100hz was an ideal feature, 600hz TVs were coming out, were these software enhanced or something?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just found this, it says "50 Clear Motion Rate" do they mean 50hz? Surely not?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE46EH5000KXXU
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page