Anybody exchange a tv at Sears? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Bought a Panasonic ST50 50" as an upgrade to my 5 year old 42" Panny. The 42 was too small from the beginning, but we just could not afford more at the time and I did not want a bigger set that was cheap.

Had the new set for 2 days now, and really feel like I should have gone with the 55"

2 people have come by the house and asked where the new TV was. This is in large part because, physically the new set is roughly the same size as the old, just a lot less bezel.

The return policy states there is a 15% restocking fee, but I have read that some people have had that waived if they are purchasing a new set. I am not trying to pull some Superbowl rent to return deal, just not quite happy with the 50" @ 13 feet away.

Any recent experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

I would like to add, I know this sucks for Sears, I really thought the 50 would be bordering on too big. The room is not that big at all.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quite a while ago when I returned Window AC I managed to talk them out of the restocking fee for a return. Apples and oranges perhaps, but I'd say it's always worth a try. If you're going to buy the bigger TV through them I'd think that gives you even more negotiating power.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I also bought some appliances a few months back. Hoping to have some influence there.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Sears agreed to split the difference with me, but were out of stock by the time I got into the store.

I ended up ordering the 55 from Pauls TV for $150 less than what Sears carries it for, with free shipping and no tax. In the end it will be cheaper than Sears even after paying the restocking fee. Problem is, there is a possibility I might not have it time for Super Bowl, and certainly no time for proper break in, but at least in the long run I will have a TV that's sized correctly
49Merc likes this.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page