Simple video tests on USB key that I can bring to store? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 567
I am curious: does anyone here have a favorite simple dumbed-down AVI/MPEG/WHATEVER (or PNG slides, or whatever) that lets me get a quick look at fundamental capabilities of a TV?

Note: I'm not talking about a full calibration set.

Here's what I wish I could see at the stores:
A 21:9 movie clip (I want to see the top/bottom flash lighting in a movie setting). Partly with dark scenes, partly with "normal" ones.
A *bright white* block (maybe 200x200) moving around in the center (I want to see if there are obvious banding artifacts)
A picture with dark grays, shadows, browns (no worries on a full color test. I understand much of the CIE chromaticity diagram but I want something quick). This would be a fairly calming test to me because I'm sick of TV's that squash the darks and ruining scenes.
A quickly moving sports scene.

I'm hoping that the entirety of this could somehow be a minute or so in length and as turn-key as possible.

Hopeless? Dumb? Useless? Naive?

No @#$%tard zone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

I am curious: does anyone here have a favorite simple dumbed-down AVI/MPEG/WHATEVER (or PNG slides, or whatever) that lets me get a quick look at fundamental capabilities of a TV?

Note: I'm not talking about a full calibration set.

Here's what I wish I could see at the stores:
A 21:9 movie clip (I want to see the top/bottom flash lighting in a movie setting). Partly with dark scenes, partly with "normal" ones.
A *bright white* block (maybe 200x200) moving around in the center (I want to see if there are obvious banding artifacts)
A picture with dark grays, shadows, browns (no worries on a full color test. I understand much of the CIE chromaticity diagram but I want something quick). This would be a fairly calming test to me because I'm sick of TV's that squash the darks and ruining scenes.
A quickly moving sports scene.

I'm hoping that the entirety of this could somehow be a minute or so in length and as turn-key as possible.

Hopeless? Dumb? Useless? Naive?

Why not make it yourself? It sounds like you have a good grip on what you want to see.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-07-2013, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 567
i could of course, but I'm asking if someone has one of their own they particularly like.

No @#$%tard zone.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page