Who has the best LCD image quality these days? Still the Bravia image processors? - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Best panel + image processor quality (best overall image)?
Samsung 2 28.57%
Sony 3 42.86%
Vizio 0 0%
Panasonic 1 14.29%
LG 1 14.29%
Sharp 0 0%
Other (specify) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung PN50B650 from a few years back, but I'm starting to look at the market again.. this time I'm going LCD instead of plasma. Mainly because this TV started capacitor whine a year or two into its life. I'm also fairly pleased with my recent LCD backlit LCD I bought for my computer (TN panel that sits next to my old S-IPS, and I'm fine with the TN).

I was always under the impression the Bravia chips put out the best images. Is this still true? Also the Samsung overall panel/image processing seems to be fairly close, maybe better these days.

What's the verdict? I have no preference in brand, don't go nuts over fanboying it up. I'd buy a Vizio if they are just as good as a Samsung.
I put in a poll, but votes without reasons detailing in the thread will be discounted as fanboyism and will not lead to a purchase.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I have a Panasonic LCD tv[TC-L 32G1]and the pq's about as good as LCD gets imho.

If a movie or concert video or a TV show isn't on blu ray it darn well should be.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 247
How much do you want to spend? The Sony 950s if you can find one are very well regared outside of the banding issues taht soem report......the sony 4K set X900A will be at the shootout this year in may, might want to hold off to see how that performs.....Samsung Panasonic all have admirable sets.

Id take a look through the LCD forum as youll see plenty of talk most all of the 2013 sets...
post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Just in general, no specific price range. Just wondering if company X has a major advantage over the rest with image processors. I'm guessing most things are commoditized on the panel side. Maybe image processing chips/scalers are that way too. I think I spent around $1400 on my current tv. I'd spend that much again, but seems like prices are dropping.

I don't really use my tv much honestly. And am considering a 42-46" downgrade next time that I can mount on one of those multi-pivot arms in the corner of the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j View Post

I have a Panasonic LCD tv[TC-L 32G1]and the pq's about as good as LCD gets imho.

We had a Panasonic VCR that lasted ages back in the 80s/early 90s. I got a bit of a sweet spot for Panasonic based on that. I kind of lean towards there stuff if only due to that experience. But that was a long time ago.
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page