Important to note this VERY PAINLESS RETURN experience with Amazon just now. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Guys, it's worth noting this.

I just had the most painless experience with Amazon I think I've ever had, and they've usually been very very good. This is why IMO Amazon is going to have absolutely no problem "surviving" the ability for states to charge taxes on internet transactions (if it gets passed by the feds).

Get a load of this:
  • The person set up a refund because she wanted me to get the BPB Blu-Ray player & glasses deal (for free) which expired today, plus the TV was a smidgeon cheaper now anyway.
  • She sat with me on the phone during the re-purchasing. Amazon actually has a "mock account" set up for them so they can go through the process and see *precisely* what I'm seeing. That's actually *VERY* refreshing!
  • She told me what to do, when to expect calls, verified that no way on earth should I feel bad about refusing a guy with a powerdrill to set up my stand.
  • She prompted me with a refreshing question without me asking first: "Do you have the funds to wait for the refund? It is usually 14 days, but I can put in an expedited refund for you. It'll go through as soon as I call the shipper and verify that the TV is in their hands instead of waiting for it to arrive back at Amazon."

This was pretty dang good.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Guys, it's worth noting this.

I just had the most painless experience with Amazon I think I've ever had, and they've usually been very very good. This is why IMO Amazon is going to have absolutely no problem "surviving" the ability for states to charge taxes on internet transactions (if it gets passed by the feds).

Get a load of this:
  • The person set up a refund because she wanted me to get the BPB Blu-Ray player & glasses deal (for free) which expired today, plus the TV was a smidgeon cheaper now anyway.
  • She sat with me on the phone during the re-purchasing. Amazon actually has a "mock account" set up for them so they can go through the process and see *precisely* what I'm seeing. That's actually *VERY* refreshing!
  • She told me what to do, when to expect calls, verified that no way on earth should I feel bad about refusing a guy with a powerdrill to set up my stand.
  • She prompted me with a refreshing question without me asking first: "Do you have the funds to wait for the refund? It is usually 14 days, but I can put in an expedited refund for you. It'll go through as soon as I call the shipper and verify that the TV is in their hands instead of waiting for it to arrive back at Amazon."

This was pretty dang good.

Glad to hear that. Here in California we already pay taxes on purchases from Amazon and I'm still pleased with their service.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Haven't had to use amazon's customer service yet--haven't had a problem with them in the first place. I've been paying the CA sales tax to them and will continue.

For me it's often a matter of availability of the product I want. Fresno is a city of half a million or so and there are some thing's I can't buy locally, and not always anything especially weird. Anything other than newly released blockbuster movies are damn hard to find on BD. Heck, a few weeks ago my landlady/housemate came home from the store angry because she nor the store personnel could find Velveeta (absolutely required for a decent cheeseburger). I jumped onto amazon and got two huge bricks of the stuff for $10 ish within two days. Lately I've been wanting to indulge my inner child and buy a slot car racing set--none available at any BM store in the area in the 1/43 scale I want--half a dozen at least on Amazon. Same thing when I wanted an Otterbox case for my I-Pod Touch.

Steve S.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

Haven't had to use amazon's customer service yet--haven't had a problem with them in the first place. I've been paying the CA sales tax to them and will continue.

For me it's often a matter of availability of the product I want. Fresno is a city of half a million or so and there are some thing's I can't buy locally, and not always anything especially weird. Anything other than newly released blockbuster movies are damn hard to find on BD. Heck, a few weeks ago my landlady/housemate came home from the store angry because she nor the store personnel could find Velveeta (absolutely required for a decent cheeseburger). I jumped onto amazon and got two huge bricks of the stuff for $10 ish within two days. Lately I've been wanting to indulge my inner child and buy a slot car racing set--none available at any BM store in the area in the 1/43 scale I want--half a dozen at least on Amazon. Same thing when I wanted an Otterbox case for my I-Pod Touch.

I live in a town of 5,000 and I can get Velveta in any store selling food any day of the week.

And BRAVE man for buying cheese over Amazon. You buy sushi yet? smile.gif J/K of course, but what if the Velveta is black market hooey from China? Good grief. It's like buying snacks from a dollar store.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What I found incredible was the extent to which she offered things to make my life easier. It wasn't the normal vendor-customer relationship with the customer required to be the squeaky wheel.

Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page