Samsung adapter to eliminate 90 degree power plug? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just bought a Sammy LED for the bedroom wall & the OEM power plug is 90 degrees.

Unfortunately, I have a recessed 2 plug outlet that won't accommodate the Sammy 90 degree plug.

1) can I replace the OEM Sammy chord with straight adapter of some sort?

2) or replace the cord altogether? would this cause issues with the Sammy?

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
It's just a power cord. Most are just a standard cable used on most if not all desktop computers. Swap it out.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung D8000 and the female power cord going in to the panel is not the usual shape.

Prior to getting this set, most of the miniature power input plugs that I came across were polarized, meaning that one of the female inputs was circular while the other was a squared off circle. This type of plug will not fit into my Samsung. Get a specific Samsung plug with a straight end going into the wall plug. Search for "Samsung Power Plug".

If the recessed plug is behind the set is there enough room for a regular three pin to two pin adapter, or will that cause the panel to stick out too far?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norde View Post

I have a Samsung D8000 and the female power cord going in to the panel is not the usual shape.

Prior to getting this set, most of the miniature power input plugs that I came across were polarized, meaning that one of the female inputs was circular while the other was a squared off circle. This type of plug will not fit into my Samsung. Get a specific Samsung plug with a straight end going into the wall plug. Search for "Samsung Power Plug".

If the recessed plug is behind the set is there enough room for a regular three pin to two pin adapter, or will that cause the panel to stick out too far?

What caused this original post was that the 90 degree plug took up the space needed for a second plug from a Tivo Mini I am mounting behind the TV.
Hmmm... never thought about getting a 3 to 2 adapter without the polarized 3rd prong.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
Reply Flat Panels General and OLED Technology

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page